HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 22, 2008, 9:47 PM

I just looked back at the canal pic and I don't think I have ever laughed that hard before.
It has to be an illusion. I remember seeing a guy make a break for the canal so I shot a pic through my windshield.
There was no wildobeast taking a leak in the canal from memory!

As for the home, I think it is the original paint color because the wood is exposed in many places underneath and I don't see any more layers...

The "Girls" strip club was on like 24th Ave and Jefferson but I would think twice about the quality of "product" there!

The flourescent lime building is The Vale is the color is "Bruder-green". But there are actually many colors in the development. I would have prefered a mixed gray tone/ white scheme with the lime, like the renderings suggested but instead the building was painted with reds, purples, oranges etc...

I always hoped that University Drive would take off in that area West of Mill but I think it will take some time.

BTW, HOA fees for Third Ave Lofts average 65 cents per square foot....
It is crazy! Some people that have 2000 sf Penthouses pay $1,800 a month in HOA fees.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2008, 11:24 PM
Dbacks baby!

LOL I love the pic of the guy jumping into the canal for a swim. Crap I almost did the same thing today - jumped into a canal for a quick swim.

Great shots loftlovr.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 3:12 AM

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 3:49 AM

Holy sh**

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 4:06 AM
Dbacks baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
uh...yeah, the canals are a good place to avoid as a swimming hole. The currents and undertow can be downright dangerous. (Many canals in Phoenix are 10 ft deep with flow moving equivalent to 20mph.)

Yeah, I'm not dead yet fookers...to many a dismay ...you can't hurt a rock

LOL J/k

edit: hearing about a loss of life anytime is very sad.

Last edited by tempedude; Jun 24, 2008 at 5:39 AM.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftlovr View Post
The "Girls" strip club was on like 24th Ave and Jefferson but I would think twice about the quality of "product" there!
Yeah.... I think the Divas franchise(s) on McDowell Rd. looks classier than "Girls." Does anyone remember The Jungle? Girls used to stand outside the AWA after suns games soliciting potential customers to visit the club. Anyway, I think The Jungle was demolished a couple years back to make way for the DT civic space. I went to The Jungle once..... B A D idea.

Cool pictures by the way. Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 10:09 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroney View Post
Yeah.... I think the Divas franchise(s) on McDowell Rd. looks classier than "Girls." Does anyone remember The Jungle? Girls used to stand outside the AWA after suns games soliciting potential customers to visit the club. Anyway, I think The Jungle was demolished a couple years back to make way for the DT civic space. I went to The Jungle once..... B A D idea.

Cool pictures by the way. Thanks.
I definitely remember being handed a coupon for the Jungle when I was 14, coming out of a D'backs game during the inaugural season. I about had a heart attack that a women in a slutty outfit would talk to me, much less think I was 18 (I later realized she was probably in coked out robot mode and probably not paying attention).

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 1:43 PM

Impressive photos!

--don

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 3:36 PM

A very well-rounded set of photos, loftovr.

"uh...yeah, the canals are a good place to avoid as a swimming hole. The currents and undertow can be downright dangerous. (Many canals in Phoenix are 10 ft deep with flow moving equivalent to 20mph.)"

Surprisingly swift current. About 20 years ago when I lived in Scottsdale we would walk our dogs along the canal, around 68th St and McDowell. I was walking one of our dogs on a leash in the summer and I would let them step down to get a drink. Somehow I lost a grip on the leash and into the water goes the dog, a little one, a little terrier. No way it's going to survive so into the water I go, about waist high depth. I reach the dog, toss it back up out of the water and onto the bank. I figure I'll just swim back upstream to the steps where I got in, now about 20 feet back upstream. No way. The best I could do was maintain about the same location. So I decide to go with the flow, keep calling to the dog to walk along the bank to keep up with me, and I luckily scratched my way up the next steps with the water trying to carry me along, about a hundred yards downstream from where I'd gone in. Fingers were all scratched up on the rough concrete steps trying to get a grip to lift me out of the water. That was fun - not.

Last edited by JAHOPL; Jun 24, 2008 at 3:47 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest