HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 10:58 PM

Smile MidTenn 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Problems with photobucket...or SSP. My UP pictures are posting just fine!!!!!

Over the years, I have really enjoyed your photos and mashups. I can view very few of them now. Can you tell me how to view them now? Or make your photos visible again? I really enjoy your posts.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 11:17 PM

Way Back

[QUOTE=Dr Nevergold;2363831]November 2014 update, courtesy of MidTenn1:

Time for another update.

30+ Buildings 10 floors or more under construction or proposed.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Things from years ago, are now photo bucketed.

Last edited by Nashville; Jul 20, 2017 at 1:09 PM. Reason: Huge waste of space

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 1:58 AM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Things from years ago, are now photo bucketed.
I'll try to post updates, but won't be replacing all past photos. Too complicated, and I hear FLICKR might be in a shaky way, also.

Meanwhile...

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jul 14, 2017 at 4:51 AM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 4:59 AM

Quote:
My updated picture of the Nashville Hotel Pipeline....(10+ floors in the urban core)

Does not include the 'One World' or West End Summit proposals. And there may be a couple on the chart that are starting to look uncertain. They will be replaced with something else, no doubt.

Edited per comments:
Reposted with photo...

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 8:11 PM

Thank You! Two awesome pictures and the pipeline. I understand, that you do no want to repost all your work. There seems to be a core group who provide great content here, thanks to you all too!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 10:57 PM
Future God

Quote:
Thank You! Two awesome pictures and the pipeline. I understand, that you do no want to repost all your work. There seems to be a core group who provide great content here, thanks to you all too!
I feel a little dirty promoting other message boards here, but there is a very large and very active community of Nashville urban environment enthusiasts over on Urban Planet. I think it's safe to say that most, if not all of us who contribute to this thread, are active members over there, myself included. This thread just kind of gets the run-off information. haha... so we'd be more than happy to have you over there, if you like! There is a link below:

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/250-nashville/

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I feel a little dirty promoting other message boards here, but there is a very large and very active community of Nashville urban environment enthusiasts over on Urban Planet. I think it's safe to say that most, if not all of us who contribute to this thread, are active members over there, myself included. This thread just kind of gets the run-off information. haha... so we'd be more than happy to have you over there, if you like! There is a link below:

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/250-nashville/
Thanks Bna Breaker, I enjoy the UP too; I grab pictures off there occasionally. This site is more like the greatest hits channel. I do think I will register there also. I do click on and explore the ads on both sites.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 1:37 AM

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jul 19, 2017 at 7:17 AM.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 3:15 AM

More development cards for the SoBbro District (South of the Broadway entertainment area). Anchored by the Music City Convention Center (MCC), the Schemerhorn Symphony Hall, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge. The MCC is spurring major hotel development.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Thanks Bna Breaker, I enjoy the UP too; I grab pictures off there occasionally. This site is more like the greatest hits channel. I do think I will register there also. I do click on and explore the ads on both sites.
That place is where the bitter, angry, and negative geriatrics hang out. At least the Nashville forum is. If you are young there are a thousand better ways to spend your time than reading the negative rantings from 50 and 60 something year old geezers looking for attention.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
That place is where the bitter, angry, and negative geriatrics hang out. At least the Nashville forum is. If you are young there are a thousand better ways to spend your time than reading the negative rantings from 50 and 60 something year old geezers looking for attention.
Are the 50 and 60 something year old geezers on this site just looking for attention also? And, what are they bitter, angry and negative about?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 8:23 PM
Future God

Quote:
Wow, not sure what is spawning the bitter, woefully inaccurate blanket statements, but you couldn't be further from the truth. UP is an extremely active community filled with vibrant discussion about the Nashville urban environment as a whole, featuring hundreds of different posts every day about various projects and neighborhoods. The forum itself is home to a wide range of diverse people with diverse opinions, so no, you aren't always going to agree with everyone, but where's the fun in that anyway? I'm 34 myself, and there are many who are my age or younger, though I'm not sure what's wrong with being fifty or over either. Another thing I like about it is that there are so many people there with insider knowledge and/or expertise in various fields who give fascinating insight.

But yes, if you're looking for a place where there is nothing but high fives and pretty pictures where there are never any disagreements about anything, UP probably isn't the place for you.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 9:14 PM

Hi, I'm 68 years old but not particularly bitter, angry, or negative. I used to think anyone over 30 was a geezer when I was young, it's funny how your perspective changes as you get older. Anyway, the NCI SoBro development seems to be the biggest and possibly the most exciting new project. I see that it says "groundbreaking impending", not quite sure what that means but I would imagine that someone thinks it's going to happen pretty soon. I've searched for any articles or specific information but haven't really come up with anything. Does anyone have any inside info about when this project might actually start? I like to watch big buildings go up and it looks like this one could have a couple of 40 story buildings which would be something to look forward to! Thanks!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Anyway, the NCI SoBro development seems to be the biggest and possibly the most exciting new project. I see that it says "groundbreaking impending", not quite sure what that means but I would imagine that someone thinks it's going to happen pretty soon. I
Old geezer here. The general consensus from my friends is that NCI could start now, but they are suing a property owner who has a small parking lot they would like, but don't need, to have. Apparently some agreement was in place and the lot owner reneged on the agreement. I feel it will happen, just need one loose end tied up.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Hi, I'm 68 years old but not particularly bitter, angry, or negative. I used to think anyone over 30 was a geezer when I was young, it's funny how your perspective changes as you get older. Anyway, the NCI SoBro development seems to be the biggest and possibly the most exciting new project. I see that it says "groundbreaking impending", not quite sure what that means but I would imagine that someone thinks it's going to happen pretty soon. I've searched for any articles or specific information but haven't really come up with anything. Does anyone have any inside info about when this project might actually start? I like to watch big buildings go up and it looks like this one could have a couple of 40 story buildings which would be something to look forward to! Thanks!
Yes, I too like the taller developments. NCI (IMO) fills in the skyline like no other project.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Old geezer here. The general consensus from my friends is that NCI could start now, but they are suing a property owner who has a small parking lot they would like, but don't need, to have. Apparently some agreement was in place and the lot owner reneged on the agreement. I feel it will happen, just need one loose end tied up.
Haven't they completed most of the core drilling? At my age I am easily confused.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 11:54 PM

I would like to know what is planned for these parcels.

https://www.bisnow.com/nashville/new...s-for-9m-76018

I really hope it is not another building (s) under 30 stories.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Damn. Did you get banned from UP? I keep up with Nashville at UP and couldn't disagree more.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2017, 1:47 AM

Quote:
I would like to know what is planned for these parcels.

https://www.bisnow.com/nashville/new...s-for-9m-76018

I really hope it is not another building (s) under 30 stories.
Just my personal opinion and with no knowledge of developers plans, I would seriously doubt anything of much height would be built there. By that, I mean anything taller than 15 floors. It is too close to the State Capitol and the City has been aggressive in preserving sightlines of the Capitol in recent years. Most of the Capitol View project on the west side is restricted to building no higher than the Capitol's base and I seem to recall the restrictions were to be in place in the eastern direction also.

I am not averse to these restrictions, myself. I do like the idea of more urban massing along James Robertson Parkway and think a 15 story, non-glass office or residential would be just right.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2017, 2:00 AM

And a comment on the off-topic subject of urban development forums; I do post on UP as it is the meeting place for most Nashville urban development followers. The best information about Nashville urban issues anywhere is available. But, other than the Nashville and Charlotte, NC, forums, there is next to no activity.

I like SSP because it has a wider range of viewers and participants and presents a better platform to tell the world about what an incredible place the city is was born and grew up in is. I wish we could create sub forums to better organize and present information better. But, maybe someday.

Now back to the topic.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations