HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:31 AM

New renderings and details for the 20 story mix-use tower going up in the West Village/Cityplace neighborhood...

Quote:
Developer Forest City moving ahead with big apartment tower and retail deal in Dallas' Cityplace community
By STEVE BROWN Real Estate Editor stevebrown@dallasnews.com
Published: 02 August 2012 06:24 AM

After almost a year of planning and negotiations, a new high-rise residential and retail development is moving ahead in Dallas' Cityplace neighborhood.

Ohio-based developer Forest City Enterprises on Wednesday completed its purchase of about three acres at McKinney Avenue and Blackburn Street.
The vacant block will be used to build a 20-story tower with almost 400 apartments and 37,000 square feet of retail space.

The entire development is projected to cost just under $100 million.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...-community.ece

http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/sh...ge-V2-0/page12

Location...

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 4:34 PM

I am really pumped about that project, especially the internal courtyard/retail area. Also exited about that DFW station, but couldn't DART just go ahead and completely cover the station from the elements? There is nothing like impressing tourists and convention goers by having them wait and drench their clothes with sweat. Or is there an indoor waiting area planned?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:30 PM

This is a key project in the Uptown area. Once this is build it will totally change how that end of town feels.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
This is a key project in the Uptown area. Once this is build it will totally change how that end of town feels.
I was down there the other night walking around. It was the first time I had been down there before they tore down the driving range, so it's been a little while. It already felt completely different. It's amazing how much just tearing down the driving range and connecting the streets changed the entire feel of that area. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when this project goes up and the few remaining empty parcels are developed.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 5:28 AM

also, the development on the lot in the lower right is nearing completion

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 5:19 PM

This project will go great lengths to putting the puzzle pieces together for the West Village. For grins you guys should look up images of uptown around 1990 - 1995. This is right when uptown was entering a redevelopment cycle. The transformation is very impressive. I know there are other pics out there but here is when the McKinney Avenue trolley line opened in 1989. http://www.mata.org/startup.htm

This part of town is completely different today. The first part of West Village opened in 2000, there use to be a Red Cross building at the corner of Pearl / McKinney Ave that was razed for development, and 1989 the State Thomas neighborhood we know today was only being discussed.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 5:22 PM

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...n-center.html/

Quote:
Ground broken for long awaited Lake Highlands Town Center in Northeast Dallas

As expected, Prescott Realty Group said Thursday that it has begun construction on the first phase of its Lake Highlands Town Center in northeast Dallas.
The project near the southeast corner of Skillman Avenue and Walnut Hill Lane will include a 200-unit apartment development and 7,450 square feet of retail.
A development of Prescott and Austin-based Cypress Real Estate Advisors, the apartments will rent from $950 to $1,950 a month.
“The new multifamily development will be a great addition to, not only the Town Center, but also the community as a whole,” Detwiler, president of Prescott Realty Group, said in a statement. “We are excited to finally see the project go vertical after the completion of the horizontal portion of the project.”
Ground was broken for the 70-acre redevelopment in 2007. But the project stalled during the recession.
The developers recently received a $23 million HUD-backed loan to restart the complex.
The entire development is planned to ultimately contain about 1,200 residences, 220,000 square feet of retail and 30,000 square feet of office space.
Interesting they don't mention it as a TOD. A station was specificially added to the DART blue line at this development.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk1519 View Post
New renderings and details for the 20 story mix-use tower going up in the West Village/Cityplace neighborhood...
Looks an awful lot like the Sovereign in Houston. Same architect?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2012, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
Looks an awful lot like the Sovereign in Houston. Same architect?
No idea who the architect is for the Sovereign (never heard of it), but the architect for the new tower at West Village is a local firm GFF. They did 17seventeen / Park17 (office and residential tower) on McKinney Ave that opened a couple years ago. Similar detailing on the tower. Its on their company website.

Just looked up the Sovereign. I don't think its the same architect, but yes they do look very similar.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 10:27 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk1519 View Post
Great to see USA building dense highrise like this, especially in Texas!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2012, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlhorn View Post
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...n-center.html/

Interesting they don't mention it as a TOD. A station was specificially added to the DART blue line at this development.
I drive by this every day but just yesterday noticed construction trailers and bulldozers on the site and I got excited. Really excited to read this.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 7:05 PM

a few construction updates in Uptown

The Taylor(formerly 3030 Carlisle)

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 7:12 PM

Two Arts Plaza new rendering

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 10:53 PM

I really hope Two Arts Plaza gets off the ground. I think that will be a cool public space in front.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
Great to see USA building dense highrise like this, especially in Texas!
Dude, come on over to Austin's thread. We're building these all the time!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2012, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I really hope Two Arts Plaza gets off the ground. I think that will be a cool public space in front.
I hope it gets off the ground, but with a dramatically different design because I think this latest version is a big turd.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2012, 8:16 PM

Four years of progress on Klyde Warren Park which opens in 9 weeks...

https://twitter.com/KlydeWarrenPark/...148096/photo/1

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 4:28 PM

Developers break ground on Victory Park apartments in Dallas' Uptown district

Quote:
The apartment building under construction on Harry Hines will open in early 2014.

Developers have broken ground on an Uptown apartment community – one of two such projects in the Victory Park complex.

Builder Alamo Manhattan is starting its 6-story apartments on Harry Hines Boulevard at Payne Street north of downtown Dallas.
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...n-district.ece

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 4:31 PM

^ Shouldn't the office tower be underway soon ?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
^ Shouldn't the office tower be underway soon ?
Should be starting soon, they anticipated ground breaking this fall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations