HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Aug 4, 2004, 2:24 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Exclamation NOTES to Illustrators NEW & OLD - consolidated

Please use the Internal Comments box.

There seems to be an increasing number of people re-uploading drawings with minor alterations a few days after uploading the original drawing.

It would help speed up the approval process a lot if you left an internal comment stating the reason you are re-uploading a drawing (i.e. old drawing was the wrong height, wrong colour, wrong width, etc.)

You will find the internal comment box under your drawing after you have uploaded it.
After writing the internal comment you need to click submit to save the comment.

You can also check the internal comments box after your drawing has been deleted to see the reason for its deletion.

To see the Internal Comments box, go to this URL:
http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?XXXXX

whereas the XXXXX is the drawing's ID number. To find out what the drawing's ID number is, hover your cursor over the drawing and it will display.

P.S.
A lot of drawings have been uploaded with incorrect heights over the last few days.
Please double check your drawing heights are correct before uploading.

Flickr®

Last edited by Tony; Feb 12, 2007 at 3:32 PM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2004, 2:25 PM

Exclamation Remove Redundant Submissions - Please & Thank-you

Remove Redundant Submissions - Please & Thank-you

There seems to be an increasing number of submissions made which are redundant. If you notice that your first submission is not what you want (i.e. wrong image, size, format, etc.) and you then make another submission while the first is still pending approval, please kindly delete the first to help the Approvals process.

Thanks

Flickr®

Old Posted Aug 4, 2004, 2:27 PM

Exclamation SSPIA: Changes in Rules Regarding Trees in Illustrations

Quote:
III. Quality:
All drawings submitted to SkyscraperPage.com must meet the standards of quality stated here. Not every drawing is expected to be a masterpiece, but there are basic standards that have to be met...

c.) No illustration deemed by the SSPIA Senior and Approval committees to have any of the following elements in excess will be considered for approval:

Lens Flares
Animations
Trees
We consider an excessive use of trees to be: the addition of trees to an illustration of a building or structure that do not exist planted on or in the actual building itself.

For example:

This use of trees is acceptable:

The following uses are not:

Because it is only fair, all the illustrations currently submitted which do include trees that are not planted on or in the building in question, like the excellent illustrations above, are exempt from the new changes to the code.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them here.

Flickr®

Last edited by Tony; Feb 12, 2007 at 3:33 PM.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2004, 11:49 PM
Senior Slacker

Thumbs down Request(s) for Hi-Res Images

There are persons who have been asking SSP illustrators for copies of their high(er) resolution images lately without offering any compensation. In some cases, the person has stated that the images will only be employed in personal and not for commercial use. However there is reason to suspect that this may not be the case given the substantial number of files that have been requested of numerous members.

Please do not forward any files to outside persons or groups, especially those not offering payment. The Senior Committee and/or Dylan can arrange for any and all legitimate file transfer requests. If you have already received such a request or receive one in the future, please let us know.

Thanks.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2006, 8:46 PM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

ATTN: How to Check Comments Left for Drawings Pending Approval

ATTN: All Illustrators

Here is how to find comments left by editors on drawings that are either still pending approval, drawings deleted, or even drawings that have been approved:

1. On the home page click on the "Diagrams" tab in the upper lefthand corner.

2. A yellow dropdown menu will appear. Click on "Your Drawings."

3. There, you should see each of your diagrams in a list, and you can click on them to see comments left.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2006, 2:25 AM
Making hell of a noise...

There is also another way to check drawings. Via link.

If not, you can also access the edit page, via the link stated below.
This link can be quite helpful as well especially deleted drawings that cannot be found under your diagram. Keep this for future references.

http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/

You'll be asked to enter the building's ID. Hover your mouse over your illustration, and there will be a yellow pop up - featuring your ID in it.

OR

You can access this page - where all your pass deleted drawings are kept in archive.

http://skyscraperpage.com/members/il...wings/deleted/

Last edited by SomeFormOFhuman; Aug 10, 2006 at 2:32 AM.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2007, 12:54 PM
Website Manager

Warning about posting high resolution drawings

I see some illustrators posting their high resolution drawings in the forum, and althought it's nice to see these drawings, it does leave them open to being ripped-off by other people. I have found websites and publications which have used high resolution drawings by SkyscraperPage illustrators taken from the forum.

It is SkyscraperPage's policy to keep high resolution drawings private, and only share them when a sale is arranged and the illustrator is informed.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 12:05 PM
Website Manager

NOTES to Illustrators NEW & OLD - consolidated

The diagrams login system (here) will now start using your email address and password to login rather than your username and password. After you login you must confirm that we have your correct email address.

For the time being you can continue logging in with your username but this will be phased out soon in favor of using your email address.

http://skyscraperpage.com/members/login/

Old Posted Jun 3, 2010, 4:36 AM

What about Chicago Spire?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2010, 10:55 PM
I am a typical

What about the Chicago Spire? Can you be specific?

Old Posted Mar 2, 2011, 4:27 AM
Skyscraper Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Please use the Internal Comments box.

There seems to be an increasing number of people re-uploading drawings with minor alterations a few days after uploading the original drawing.
I used to do that. Probably annoyed Dylan.

Though I sometimes dislike an illustrator that excessively puts in drawings and corrupts the Weekly Drawing Update.
(Steamboy, if you are reading this, it's not you)

I used to do that. Probably annoyed EVERYONE.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2011, 5:31 AM

hello,i'm from kuala lumpur,can someone teach me how to draw a diagram and to post it,i think i want to illustrated for my city,because many building still not been illustrated,thank for response..

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:55 AM
The Cat's Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by afiqnadzir View Post
hello,i'm from kuala lumpur,can someone teach me how to draw a diagram and to post it,i think i want to illustrated for my city,because many building still not been illustrated,thank for response..
You can find tutorials and guides here. Read them all twice: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/help/

The process basically goes like this:
draw the building using a paint program, rescale the drawing to the correct height, set the transparency (so that the backround of the drawing is clear) and upload the drawing under its correct building page (link on the left). The drawing itself is an art that we're all still working on...

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 8:43 AM
Ukrainian moderator

In what way can some illustrator change or choose two favorite drawings in his profile (for ex. http://skyscraperpage.com/members/profile/?10080 )? I can't find this button.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemco View Post
In what way can some illustrator change or choose two favorite drawings in his profile (for ex. http://skyscraperpage.com/members/profile/?10080 )? I can't find this button.
Login, goto "Account Settings" and then "Edit Signature Diagram"

Flickr®

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 6:07 PM
BANNED

sorry Tony, but this option is since some years not availible anymore. It is now unexistant. I agree that this had back some >2 years. I know that because I would like to change the Hamburg Ring Science Museum out of my Signature Diagram, but couldn't, the project is cancelled, nobody knows anymore in city, but it is a good female thing to the male one to S.Paulo Antenna atop representative building.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 7:56 PM

^ really? It works for me.. perhaps pm Dylan or Mike directly.

Flickr®

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams