HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:54 AM
build awesome buildings

"um...so we have h&m?"

it's rather remarkable that they are scrapping their plans completely with basically nothing in reserve as a plan b. i hope this doesn't make others wary with regards to filling out the retail at east market. let's hope they can pull their shit together and this becomes what it could/should be.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:19 AM

A few Love Park updates - some progress:

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
"um...so we have h&m?"

it's rather remarkable that they are scrapping their plans completely with basically nothing in reserve as a plan b. i hope this doesn't make others wary with regards to filling out the retail at east market. let's hope they can pull their shit together and this becomes what it could/should be.
PREIT has commitments from at least 25 other retailers last time I heard. It's possible they're still working out the lease details on the others. I know for a fact Primark is in board. Not sure on others.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
PREIT has commitments from at least 25 other retailers last time I heard. It's possible they're still working out the lease details on the others. I know for a fact Primark is in board. Not sure on others.
thats good to know because the announcement was pretty unremarkable.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Earlier today, I walked past the opera house on Broad and Poplar to find a huge dumpster at the southwest corner of the intersection and the sidewalk blocked off. Let's hope that this means that Blumfield's next project is about to get off the ground!
yeah I posted a little while ago that they got demo permit in July. So they are moving pretty quickly if you already see visible evidence.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 1:08 PM
Philly Pholly

I never liked it being listed as an"Outlet Mall". They're smart to retool it. It will be more than an "Outlet Mall".

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 1:14 PM
Philly Pholly

Loving your pics TallCoolOne

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:46 PM

City judge asserts authority over 218 Arch Street bones

Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta...-20170816.html

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:53 PM

Project HOME’s LGBTQ housing moves forward in North Philly

Read more here:
https://philly.curbed.com/2017/8/17/...g-north-philly

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 4:27 PM

Philadelphia-based supplier of scientific and office products details plans for new $10M HQ

Quote:
Two years after merging, EMSCO Scientific Enterprises and SUPRA Office Solutions are plotting their next move — literally.

The combined company, which operates as separate divisions, is planning to build a $10 million headquarters for the business within the West Parkside Industrial Center that it now calls home. The move, expected to be completed over the next 18 months to two years, will allow the Philadelphia company to grow its staff of 20 to 100 employees.

Lin Thomas, chairman and CEO of SUPRA and EMSCO, said its proposed 70,000-square-foot headquarters on eight acres will provide space for the company to consolidate its warehouse, loading docks and offices at one location — an improvement over the 20,000 square feet it occupies in separate parts of its current building in the industrial park.

“We really are in disjointed space here,” Thomas said.

“Building a new headquarters is a necessity because of the business we are currently doing and deals we are close to closing,” Carter said. “If we close just a few of those deals we’ll be out of space. We need a state-of-the-art facility to serve our customers.”

Shahid said the new headquarters will allow EMSCO to offer much-needed warehousing services to its university clients, particularly those nearby in and around the city.

The new site, like the old site, is on Parkside Avenue in an area classified as a HUBZone, a Small Business Administration program that provides enhanced federal contracting opportunities for small companies that operate and employ people in historically underutilized business zones.
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...s-parksid.html

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 5:10 PM

Falls Bridge Lofts Project Is Finished

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...ct-is-finished

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 7:30 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
thats good to know because the announcement was pretty unremarkable.
Agreed - I'm very happy to hear that there are more retailers on-board already. PREIT miiiiight want to think about how they handle their communications moving forward a bit better.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 9:43 PM

A Conceptual Pivot As Gallery Renovation Proceeds

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...ation-proceeds

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 10:05 PM

Temple University Development Tour-Main Campus

It's a wonderful time to be a Temple student! All throughout the summer, the campus has been abuzz with construction activity that will (hopefully) be completed to greet students before the Fall 2017 semester starts. I wanted to give you all an idea of what's going on within our little bubble in North Philly.

Starting at the TECH Center, one will notice that 12th Street has been repaved. While it is a city project, 12th Street is probably the most used north-south street (aside from North Broad) on campus:

The Bell Tower is currently being resealed and restored, giving new life to a classic campus icon. There will also be an awesome new green space surrounding its base:

Concrete was being poured on the new plaza surrounding the Bell Tower:

Steel is starting to rise at the site of our new library, set to open in 2019:

Founder's Garden, a formerly dated and arguably dreary space, now bears the Temple '][':

Another view of the rising steel, along with the completed concrete section:

Crossing North Broad along Montgomery and walking towards 15th Street, one can see that the new College of Public Health, along with the associated athletic facilities, is nearing completion:

A view of the north side of the building, which can be seen at Geasey Field or along Norris Street. The Temple '][' now shines bright in the night due to the transparency of the paneling:

If any of you attend Temple: welcome back to campus! This semester, along with the next few, will be truly exciting as the Visualize Temple plan pushes forward. With The View II, 1324 N. Broad, 1300 Fairmount, and the North Station District also proposed and likely to rise, the action won't just be limited to Main.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 12:07 AM

How does this even get built?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 7:23 PM

Colliers Facilitates $2.2M Sale of Development Site in Philadelphia

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA — Colliers International has arranged the sale of a development site located at 201-11 E. Allen St. in the Northern Liberties neighborhood of Philadelphia. A private investment group acquired the site from Exceptional Foods for $2.2 million. The buyer plans to redevelop the property into residential units. The site consists of a 15,300-square-foot industrial property and 17,350 square feet of land. Michael Barmash and Richard Gorodesky of Colliers were the sole brokers in the transaction.
From: http://rebusinessonline.com/colliers...-philadelphia/

Would be great to see development along Delaware Avenue at this location. With Sugarhouse and the Filmore complex, this area has a lot of potential.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 12:19 PM

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 12:25 PM
Me?!?

Like yesterday's fashion, has Center City's retail revival been discontinued?
Updated: AUGUST 18, 2017 — 10:45 PM EDT
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20170819.html

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 3:52 PM
Philly Pholly

I'm glad they're scratching the "Outlet Mall" concept. I don't think it would have flown in this retail climate. It will have to be as flexible as possible as the future of retail everywhere is questionable. Fashion District, Design District both are more appealing than Outlet Mall. I actually think the term"Outlet Mall" discouraged interest.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guipos08 View Post

How does this even get built?
It was just a rehab.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development