HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 3:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Is that the old Aiden Gill space?
part of it yes.. and other parts are just empty .. aiden gill is back just to the magazine store... think harrahs wants the street to focus on food and beverage not retail .. which is smart

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 5:35 PM
-

[B]this is a nice replacement on St Claude:

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 6:01 PM
-

2018 Awards for Excellence in Historic Preservation

http://www.louisianalandmarks.org/pr...c-preservation

heres a few interesting projects!

The Academy (820 Dauphine)

William R. Legier, Jr., developer; Trapolin-Peer Architects, APC; Melissa Legier Designs, interior designer; Woodward Design+ Build; Chris Chain (RMI Construction) and Richard Dedeaux Construction, contractors; Hilary Irvin, historic consultant

Since 1867, the corner of Dumaine and Dauphine figured prominently for educating the neighborhood's Catholic youth. The existing complex, which in 1949 replaced earlier structures, today is deemed a fine example of the mid-20th-century French Quarter revival style, recognized as contributory to the Vieux Carré National Register District. In this rehabilitation for residential use, the development team retained historic millwork, glazed block walls, and corridor configurations. A rooftop apartment was added atop the convent wing, set back from the parapet and subtly tucked between the school block and convent stair tower.

Artspace Bell (2100 Ursulines)

The Bell School Limited Partnership, owner; Gibbs Construction; Providence Community Housing, development partner, Morphy Makofsky, Inc., engineering; Looney Ricks Kiss/LRK, LLC, Billes Partners, LLC, and Roderick A. Fifield, architects

The Bell Artspace Campus project transformed six structures comprising the former Andrew J. Bell and Ben Franklin Schools into seventy-nine live-work housing units with ancillary uses. Geared toward low to moderate income artists, cultural workers and their families, this vast project, which ecnompasses two blocks, contributes greatly toward the encouragement of continuing cultural and ethnic diversity in the Faubourg Tremé, a neighborhood noted for its historic multiplicity. Vacant for thirteen years, the site now thrives as a community of engaged residents, all while meeting criteria for obtaining historic preservation tax credits.

G. O. Mondy School Apartments (2327 St. Philip)

Neville Development, owner; HCI Architecture and Design, Roderick A. Fifield Architect, LLC; Palmisano Group, contractor

Constructed in 1897 in the Tremé historic district, George O. Mondy Elementary had remained vacant since 2005 The current owner acquired the abandoned school in 2015 with plans for rehabilitation into affordable apartments for seniors. The building was carefully rehabilitated as such, with significant portions of the original interiors restored and damaged elements were replaced appropriately. Importantly, the caretaker's cottage, which was targeted by the city for demolition, was included in the renovation project. The building now continues to honor the legacy of its namesake, George O. Mondy, the first African-American to serve on the New Orleans Fire Department.

Inn at the Old Jail (2552 St. Philip)

Liz and Raul Canache, owners; LK Harmon Architects; Bernardio Marcia, contractor

Vacant since Hurricane Katrina and owned by the City of New Orleans in 2010 when named to Lousiana Landmarks Society's New Orleans' Nine Most Endangered Sites, this striking 1902 Queen Anne style structure, which housed a Police Jail and Patrol Center, was a victim of extreme demolition by neglect. In 2013, the building was auctioned to the winning owners, whose plans to turn the property into a bed and breakfast establishment were unanimously approved by the City Planning Commission in 2015. The Old Jail now operates as an inn to be enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.

St. Thomas and Ninth Street

Saint Thomas 9, LLC, owner; OJT (Office of Jonathan Tate), architect; Edifice Builders, contractor; Spackmann, Mossop and Michaels, landscape architects

This new construction and rehabilitation project provided an innovative and successful approach of contemporary infill providing twelve homes--nine new construction units and three in an existing warehouse structure. Leveraging the density allowed for multi-family development in this transitioning industrial edge, the site is organized as single-family assemblage, in which the individual homes “fit together” in massing that respects and reflects the scale and character of its Irish Channel industrial/residential mixed neighborhood. The approach required a subversion of the conventional legal structure, which usually applies individual ownership to the interior of one unit.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 7:43 PM
-

PJs Coffee (840 St Charles):

The Top 10 Airports, Seaports And Border Crossings For U.S. Trade In 2017

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrobe.../#4397b1ec2bfc

According to data from @Forbes the @PortNOLA was named as one of the top 10 “Airports, Seaports And Border Crossings For U.S. Trade In 2017"http://bit.ly/2FNBOxH

Today the Econ Devel Comm. moved forward bringing @DXCTechnology to New Orleans. DXC will establish the Digital Transformation Center in the CBD and create 2,000 new direct jobs with an average annual salary of $63,000, plus benefits.

411 Burgundy St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: VEQZCC
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Robert Roth
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/14/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Non-structural renovation of 5 condo units

djsnola
1427 Esplanade Ave·New Construction ·Ref Code: 0V7R1X
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Ab Coulon
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/14/2018
Closed:
No
Description
New construction of 6 condo units.

djsnola

1400-29996 Poydras St, 600-781 Lasalle St, 1401-1501 Girod St·Property Disposition · Project #PD002-18 ·Ref Code: D46PV7
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Property Disposition
Applicant:
City of New Orleans
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/14/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Consideration of the disposition of immovable property by the City to the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District, consisting of a portion of LaSalle Street (between Poydras Street and Dave Dixon Drive), a portion of Dave Dixon Drive between LaSalle Street and West Stadium Drive, and Le Rouge Street (between Dave Dixon Drive and Howard Avenue in the 1st Municipal District. (PD 1)

555 Canal St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: V1MYUL
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Gary Houston
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/13/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Upgrading finishes in the existing 2nd and 4th floor meeting rooms, prefunction areas, and restrooms. Addition of new ADA compliant restroom on 4th floor.

2323 Canal St·Design Review

· Project #18-0502 ·Ref Code: 4DEES0

Download (1)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
Typeesign ReviewApplicant:Quattro Graphics LLCStatus:Application SubmittedDate Filed:3/13/2018Closed:NoDescription

Design review for an attached sign in an HU-MU zoning district and an EC Corridor Overlay District

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 9:23 PM

Whatever happened to the "French Bistro" that was supposed to go in the Dave & Busters development? I bet the owner saw how terrible the design turned out and backed out! There's nothing even rumored to be going in there anymore.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 9:28 PM
-

Quote:
Whatever happened to the "French Bistro" that was supposed to go in the Dave & Busters development? I bet the owner saw how terrible the design turned out and backed out! There's nothing even rumored to be going in there anymore.
i dont disagree worst part is the owner of the french bistro is a chef at the hyatt which is the same owners as the garage.. they really shot themselves in the foot there... really shortsighted value engineering it the way that they did... they had an oppurtunity to really activate that corner but blew it

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
i dont disagree worst part is the owner of the french bistro is a chef at the hyatt which is the same owners as the garage.. they really shot themselves in the foot there... really shortsighted value engineering it the way that they did... they had an oppurtunity to really activate that corner but blew it
The lack of development shows they blew it. It's been open almost a year now and nothing.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 10:19 PM
-

Quote:
The lack of development shows they blew it. It's been open almost a year now and nothing.
I certainly wouldnt open a nice french bistro in there... the best they can hope for is something like a Chipotle

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 10:23 PM
-

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 10:29 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:

This is a GREAT idea down there. Under the interstate is already like a giant block party on the weekends in the summer from the residents in Treme. Why not make it more like a park if the space is there. I've always thought colorful led lighting under the interstates would really change it

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
This is a GREAT idea down there. Under the interstate is already like a giant block party on the weekends in the summer from the residents in Treme. Why not make it more like a park if the space is there. I've always thought colorful led lighting under the interstates would really change it
Tennis, since this is on subject anyway, for all the people who want to demo this section of I-10, I really don't understand what their plan is with all the traffic...

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia View Post
Tennis, since this is on subject anyway, for all the people who want to demo this section of I-10, I really don't understand what their plan is with all the traffic...
I think the idea of demoing I-10 was shot down because the studies showed that the traffic would worsen significantly. The biggest opponent was the port and its various shippers.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 1:41 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
I think the idea of demoing I-10 was shot down because the studies showed that the traffic would worsen significantly. The biggest opponent was the port and its various shippers.
the ideas all but dead and it should be... it simply would make the situation worse... this is the best strategy.. take what you think is an eyesore and make it the focal point... so i think the proposal is a good first step

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 3:13 PM
-

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:17 AM

Quote:
I certainly wouldnt open a nice french bistro in there... the best they can hope for is something like a Chipotle
I think if they would just change the horrid blush and yellow paint colors to something which compliments the rest of the building it wouldn't be so goddamn ugly...

Speaking of Chipotle, I've heard that Magazine is on hold.
New expansions frozen. They have a 10 year lease so it may be a while before anything happens. They have not backed out but are awaiting for the finances of the company itself to improve. Possibly could open it up in a year or two or sublease.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:19 AM

Lowes State

Something big brewing. Not what you would expect.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 1:04 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_Forte View Post
Something big brewing. Not what you would expect.
Just tell me the rumors of apartments in it are wrong that i heard a year ago

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 1:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_Forte View Post
I think if they would just change the horrid blush and yellow paint colors to something which compliments the rest of the building it wouldn't be so goddamn ugly...

Speaking of Chipotle, I've heard that Magazine is on hold.
New expansions frozen. They have a 10 year lease so it may be a while before anything happens. They have not backed out but are awaiting for the finances of the company itself to improve. Possibly could open it up in a year or two or sublease.
That so bizarre... fight hard for a place and then not open right away? Im not sure chipotles situation is going to be any better going forward either ... company has definitely fallen out of favor

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:48 PM
-

New Virgin Hotel Renderings:

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Just tell me the rumors of apartments in it are wrong that i heard a year ago
Nah apartments would not be noteworthy at all.
This will be a mixed use quasi-destination project.
Something which would pull tourists as well as locals to that section of Canal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations