HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram
New York Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 3:32 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Architectural "sophistication"--quoted for rhetorical effect--isn't what big name potential anchor ternants like Deutschebank or Amazon--for argument's sake--are looking for.

They don't think as we do: to wit, this huge, visually striking tower that's waited 17 years to get built and that we're all tinkling ourselves with anticipation to see it happen needs someone to make it possible.

We all know that. Essentially, the one question they have is "Does it meet our needs?". Simple as that. And an affirmative answer to that question is the symbolic green light.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 3:33 PM

Can we lock this again until we get some actual news regarding tenants?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Can we lock this again until we get some actual news regarding tenants?
No. Let's bicker back and forth about the same 4 talking points we've had for two years.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 8:16 PM
Ω

I love the facade details on this tower and the really contemporary use of signage. It almost look like an installation at MoMA. The transfer columns are really great structural expression and tell an interesting story (how the design changed). I just don't like the overall massing. The toppling effect when viewed from the south is really unnerving. Symbolically - it's a bit wrong to do at the WTC site also, imo.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 3:51 PM

NYC developers are the worst; cheap, greedy shortsighted and downright tasteless.... Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet View Post

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
NYC developers are the worst; cheap, greedy shortsighted and downright tasteless.... Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world:
Are you crazy?! That giant phallic thing is BEYOND cheap and tasteless. It’s probably surrounded by 12-lane expressways and some barren windswept excuse for a plaza, with no human scale or relation to the surrounding city whatsoever. Plus, knowing the Chinese, it’s being built with slave labor and such low-quality materials that the entire facade will probably need to be replaced 20-30 years down the line—if some earthquake doesn’t knock the whole 2000-food dildo over.

With regards to NYC developers being “cheap and tasteless” is Tower Verre cheap and tasteless? Is 111 West 57th cheap and tasteless? Is One Vanderbilt cheap and tasteless? How about 10 and 30 Hudson Yards? Are they cheap and tasteless enough for ya? I mean seriously. The reason NYC is the city it is today is because our architects and developers are, for the most part, the best in the world.

Okay. Rant over.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 7:18 PM

I like it but it does look like a giant dildo.

In terms of your 'cheap, greedy, shortsighted developers'. STOP! NYC has it going on - just look at that skyline!! L.A. may be #2 but our beloved skyline is light years behind. Enjoy what you've got! I LOVE NY & LA!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 8:49 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

This is getting out of hand.

I respectfully suggest a moratorium on further posts till word of a breakthrpough from a reliable source can be posted.

Thank you.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post
This is getting out of hand.

I respectfully suggest a moratorium on further posts till word of a breakthrpough from a reliable source can be posted.

Thank you.
Agreed. I get excited seeing this thread come up hoping for news, only to see people arguing over things not even relevant to this tower

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction