HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 3:19 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

I don't really like the aesthetics of it as much as I hoped I would: it seems kind of cheap in the altogether. My photography flatters it.

But at the same time, the fact that it's the first new Broad Street building outside Center City in years to respect the importance of Broad as a grand avenue in addition to a major thoroughfare earns my respect, as a planner. And like I said, I wonder if the two renovations along the 500 and 600 blocks of Broad are related to (anticipating) this going up?

This stretch of Broad should serve as a major commercial corridor knitting G-Ho and Hawthorne together. And I think 777 will be a minor catalyst to do just that. (A more major catalyst needs to go up at the corner of Broad and Washington--both streets should be important avenues; yet both are absurdly distressed given their relative importance.)

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive