HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 12:29 AM
gettin' rich!

Here is uptown by me from this evening...

bringing pain to Yorkville!!!

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung
I took a walk today and ate some sushi. I think i'm going to put on a grey sweater. No, black. Gotta do the laundry, and feed the cat. More updates to come.

Oh, and an update by me:

from a slightly different angle:

DA BOMB

will update in a few hours.
LMAO

Thanks for letting us know what you're wearing... Too bad I have no idea what I am looking at...

LOVE IT!
Sigh... it should be obvious, and even if you couldn't tell from the grass on the convention centre roof at the bottom right corner, and the railing design from Jack Poole plaza at the bottom left corner, you could have easily checked my blog to find out. Barring that, I've joined this forum 3 years ago and have paid my dues, so back off...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 1:31 AM
Back to Basics

Duh...

I was being facetious. Playing off my own complaining.

Sarcasm really can't be conveyed online.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 2:13 AM

ROFL, so was I, you should have kept playing along, lol. I don't even have a blog, haha. It's sad how on SSP it's "normal" to be expected to tell which building the random u/c slabs belong to based on several pixels of grass at the corner of an obnoxiously-large photo, lol. Imagine if I did that 3 times a day for each building, times 365 days a year? It'll take me no time to rake up 14,000 posts, which is good since I'm a busy guy and have "honies" to bang...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
I'm not going to lie, that hurts man...I guess you're not a real photog unless you live in Toronto or Calgary. Please enjoy in smilie form my five stages of grief:
don't feel bad - west of the ontario/manitoba border we don't exist even for the federal government, never mind anyone else...

as for your work, none of the others here - or too many other places either for that matter - hold a candle to it.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 4:53 AM
So very tired...

Ha ha, thanks Ken, appreciate it. I was just giving caltrane the gears...I wouldn't take me too seriously, because I sure don't.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 4:51 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonzed View Post
from today

Nice update from Burano by Jasonzed at UT

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 6:52 PM
Registered User, Maybe

Isn't it about time you guys got over it already? Seriously.

What I find really funny though, is that those who are complaining rarely contribute anything useful to this forum themselves. I appreciate Cal for his contributions because otherwise this trend would be pretty much dead.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 7:14 PM
gettin' rich!

Which I think is the goal of their bickering...

Having this thread die a slow death. -

It's ok, I'll be out their every Sunday downtown doing my updates. So no worries..

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
my photos are the historical record of construction for these building on this site and on GOOGLE. Anyone looking for construction photos and video will find caltrane74. So much for labels..
don't flatter yourself... the following are some examples of some actual real construction record photographs:

sometimes, they're even just very cool photographs all on their own:

and they're important, as is the information they contain. important enough that it's not left to chance on skyscraper page or google to be there when needed. and important enough that we - or rather multivista on our behalf - take thousands of them and corelate them as to date and location in addition to maintaining the hundreds of photos we take and our construction manager takes and our trades take and our consultants take...

don't get me wrong, your photos - and many of the others that appear here - are both interesting and informative. but they would be more so with a touch more annotation and a lot less ego. bulliver has provided some good advice to go along with some of his truly exceptional photography. it would be nice to see it heeded and the example followed.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 8:47 PM
gettin' rich!

I was being sarcastic...

However my photos do show up on the google search for these buildings.

http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&so...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 8:56 PM
Back to Basics

Thank you!

To even suggest that his spamming of this and other threads, with photos (often not even his own, but others gleaned from scanning other sites.) constitutes a historical record.

Cal you are not even in the same league as some of the contributors you mentioned. Flar, Bigtime, Witty Nickname, Bulliver, Surreal Places and Jasonzed, to name a few, all have an exceptional eye, talent and skill for photography. They understand, lighting, angles, composition and scale.

Their images are well composed, thought out and executed. All using good equipment (of which they obviously possess a good knowledge.) and a discriminating eye. The editorial eye they employ in their contributions is pleasing to the viewer, not leaving the viewer feeling assaulted by the sheer volume of inferior quality photography.

I love your enthusiasm, but the inflated position on which you place your skill and self is baffling. If I were any of the other contributors you mentioned, I would have cringed when you linked your name with mine.

Learn the craft of photography, which you claim to love so much, and then actually earn that place of honour.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:04 PM
gettin' rich!

Who cares? - I'm doing construction updates.

This shit ain't gonna be in the Art Gallery of Ontario or the ROM - And I'm THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES TORONTO UPDATES!!

Otherwise you wouldn't get any, and then you'd have to stick to UT and get beat up by everyone over there instead getting bitched slapped two places at once everyday.

Take a chill pill and go to bed already, you're too old to be getting in internet fights.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Who cares? - I'm doing construction updates.

This shit ain't gonna be in the Art Gallery of Ontario.

Take a chill pill and go to bed already.
Careful Cal... with talk like that you'll never earn that rare and coveted "place of honour" on the skyscraper message board. Don't you at all care about the social status that others assign to you?! I mean, surely the reason you post photos here is because your ego demands constant praise from anonymous strangers.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:08 PM
gettin' rich!

oh yeah, I forgot about that.

oh well.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:36 PM
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
Careful Cal... with talk like that you'll never earn that rare and coveted "place of honour" on the skyscraper message board. Don't you at all care about the social status that others assign to you?! I mean, surely the reason you post photos here is because your ego demands constant praise from anonymous strangers.
Once again Ram you missed the point. I was not the one implying there was honour to be had... Cal himself had pontificated that point:

Quote:
Caltrane74

Hey Traynor, I just want you to know, I am a dying breed.. and when I dead You'll be sorry, cuz then there will be much few Skyscraper updates from Toronto. I am one of the last great Canadian Skyscraper Fotogs. Along with wittynicjname, bigtime, metro one, jimby, surrealplacrs. We luv skyscraper, we do are art for your enjoyment. You dont appriciate you just complain, be good and just chill.

ok?
Quote:
Caltrane74

my photos are the historical record of construction for these building on this site and on GOOGLE. Anyone looking for construction photos and video will find caltrane74. So much for labels..
These are examples of delusions of grandeur. I was only using his own terminology to express how full-of himself he has become.

Your open disdain for me has led you down a path of supporting a crumbling argument just for spite's sake.

Sad

Argue the merits, not the emotions.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:39 PM
gettin' rich!

Good loard more of the same..

blah, blah , blah blah...

No construction updates from you, no skyscraper updates from you..

You just give us the Vineyard.. and whine and whine and whine.

Do something useful for us, and go do a photo update of projects in Ottawa..

We wanna know what's going on in Ottawa. I know you love the place..

do a throwdown one time, we're waiting.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:41 PM

Ok ladies seriously please cut it out. This isn't a thread about who is the greatest photographer, it is about updates on buildings under construction so can we please keep it that way? If you want to bicker and argue about who is good at photography and who is not create some other thread that will be locked within a couple hours..

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
Once again Ram you missed the point. I was not the one implying there was honour to be had... Cal himself had pontificated that point:
Perhaps you missed the part where he said he was being sarcastic. Cal generally displays more self-degredation and humility than almost anyone here. I think it's pretty evident that Cal doesn't really take this stuff seriously, unlike some people...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:46 PM

I rolled the lint off of my black pants today. The cat wasn't hungry, so I'll feed him later. Had instant noodles, with egg and beef brisket. Will head out for another photo update.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada