HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 10:50 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech1217 View Post

New Website with Additional Renderings and Floor Plans

http://1100annunciation.com/#home

Interior Renderings:

http://1100annunciation.com/wp-conte...eoptimized.pdf
Holy sh*t that looks great!!!! Better than any of the other renderings proposed in the what last 10 years lol, and it looks like there's contractors and realtors already there so a done deal finally. Also Tennis, great to finally see The Garage moving forward, thats the last stretch of the WD that needs filling in and I always like the idea with that building. Plus the other many tenant buildouts and renovations happening around town, so much happening right now!

Last edited by jjslonaker; Mar 11, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 3:25 AM

Legal advice on a property

Hello all,am writing to see if anyone has or knows someone who has dealt with the residential lien waiver program after a blight judgment.I recently was found guilty of blight on a vacant lot that i own.The problem came about cause a house right against my lot had/has been falling apart and a massive amount of debris from that house was dumped onto my lot.I payed a person to clear it but he underestimated the job and dragged his feet not informing me that he was unable to clear it until a few months later when i received a judgment notice from the city.I was out of town when the city mailed the initial notice of the hearing but only found out after the judgment.I quickly tried to find a site clearing company and could only get it cleared 29 days after the hearing.They give you 30 days to abate the problems and return proof before the daily fines of 500 dollars become permanent and are only forgiven through the forgiveness program.The cost of the fines way outdoes the value of the the property at this point.Does anyone know of a success story using this program?This whole thing has been a nightmare but being from nola i guess i should expect as much.Even though the city said that they cant do anything about the fact that it wasn't my fault that it was dumped i plan to explain that as a reason for fines/lien to be cancelled. Any advice in this matter would be appreciated,and may in the future help others that have to deal with this.Thank you!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 11:11 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwatcher View Post
Hello all,am writing to see if anyone has or knows someone who has dealt with the residential lien waiver program after a blight judgment.I recently was found guilty of blight on a vacant lot that i own.The problem came about cause a house right against my lot had/has been falling apart and a massive amount of debris from that house was dumped onto my lot.I payed a person to clear it but he underestimated the job and dragged his feet not informing me that he was unable to clear it until a few months later when i received a judgment notice from the city.I was out of town when the city mailed the initial notice of the hearing but only found out after the judgment.I quickly tried to find a site clearing company and could only get it cleared 29 days after the hearing.They give you 30 days to abate the problems and return proof before the daily fines of 500 dollars become permanent and are only forgiven through the forgiveness program.The cost of the fines way outdoes the value of the the property at this point.Does anyone know of a success story using this program?This whole thing has been a nightmare but being from nola i guess i should expect as much.Even though the city said that they cant do anything about the fact that it wasn't my fault that it was dumped i plan to explain that as a reason for fines/lien to be cancelled. Any advice in this matter would be appreciated,and may in the future help others that have to deal with this.Thank you!

I see these issues arise on the ncdac committee schedules and on city council. I'd say best avenue forward is to contact your district council person or the staff person for community affairs . Perhaps they could help you out .

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 11:13 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
Holy sh*t that looks great!!!! Better than any of the other renderings proposed in the what last 10 years lol, and it looks like there's contractors and realtors already there so a done deal finally. Also Tennis, great to finally see The Garage moving forward, thats the last stretch of the WD that needs filling in and I always like the idea with that building. Plus the other many tenant buildouts and renovations happening around town, so much happening right now!
Also are those renderings indicating the balcony railings will be lit up at night ?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 3:42 PM

ULI Development Tracker (Louisiana)

The link below is the Urban Land Institute of Louisiana site which includes many existing as well as proposed developments for the NOLA area. Download the 2017 tracker to your computer for better viewing. The information is very current. Enjoy!

http://louisiana.uli.org/publications/

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 4:04 PM
-

1012 Canal Street Plans

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 4:26 PM
-

Sazerac House:

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 4:40 PM
-

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 6:46 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Also are those renderings indicating the balcony railings will be lit up at night ?
I noticed that too, looks like it is because you can see light reflecting off the wall.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 7:12 PM

There are lights along the top rails. If you look on their website, there's a riverside view of the building at night showing lighting on each rail.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 8:11 PM
-

Quote:
There are lights along the top rails. If you look on their website, there's a riverside view of the building at night showing lighting on each rail.
Sweet! thats going to look great at night

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 10:03 PM

1012 Canal St

Great stuff coming! I am hoping to see swift action now on Tulane Ave now that they are FINALLY finishing up!!!

Do we know what is going up at 1012 Canal St? And/or when construction will start?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 12:02 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
Great stuff coming! I am hoping to see swift action now on Tulane Ave now that they are FINALLY finishing up!!!

Do we know what is going up at 1012 Canal St? And/or when construction will start?
I assume after its approvals are granted.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 12:43 AM
NOLA Razorback

1100 Annunciation/600-700 Magazine

When driving by 1100 Annunciation site earlier today there's a construction fence up with marketing graphics on fence. Looks like it's actually starting, only took 10 years lolz

Also the Reilly Foods new building at 700 magazine is well underway as is 600 magazine reno, site is cleared and piles being driven. Im really excited about this building if it looks anything like the renderings.

And in general its exciting to see two tower cranes finally in the sky (the standard, and canal crossing)

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 2:20 PM
-

Quote:
When driving by 1100 Annunciation site earlier today there's a construction fence up with marketing graphics on fence. Looks like it's actually starting, only took 10 years lolz

Also the Reilly Foods new building at 700 magazine is well underway as is 600 magazine reno, site is cleared and piles being driven. Im really excited about this building if it looks anything like the renderings.

And in general its exciting to see two tower cranes finally in the sky (the standard, and canal crossing)
By Fall we should have quite a few cranes then: The Standard, Canal Crossing, The Annunciation, Virgin Hotel, 700 Magazine, DDay Museum Hotel and 1047 Camp(if it needs a crane): and maybe 1031 Canal, Four Seasons, and 1717 Canal,730 Julia and Moxy St Charles.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 2:37 PM

Quote:
By Fall we should have quite a few cranes then: The Standard, Canal Crossing, The Annunciation, Virgin Hotel, 700 Magazine, DDay Museum Hotel and 1047 Camp(if it needs a crane): and maybe 1031 Canal, Four Seasons, and 1717 Canal,730 Julia and Moxy St Charles.
And the 19 story Residence Inn at 317 St. Charles Ave.!!!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 2:41 PM

Quote:
...and according to nola.com, the 29-story Odeon at South Market is expected to start construction in the second half of this year.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 2:43 PM
-

Quote:
...and according to nola.com, the 29-story Odeon at South Market is expected to start construction in the second half of this year.
I was just thinking about the time it takes to do foundation work. So while the Odeon should start this year an actual crane on site isnt likely til early next, But still that should be another crane in the air. Totally forgot about the Residence inn... that one seems to be cruising too.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 8:11 PM
NOLA Razorback

Hopefully the Odeon does start soon, SMD seems to have plenty of funding and everything moves pretty quick with them, a 29 story tower is most welcome lol. Also HRI properties just secured a new investor giving them $78million which is awesome news, hopefully they'll have something big planned to add to their portfolio here.

Regarding the WWII museum hotel when is that actually supposed to start, and when is the damn sail thing over the campus going to happen? I feel like the last timeline I saw on that was saying it should be done by now?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 1:44 AM
-

Quote:
Hopefully the Odeon does start soon, SMD seems to have plenty of funding and everything moves pretty quick with them, a 29 story tower is most welcome lol. Also HRI properties just secured a new investor giving them $78million which is awesome news, hopefully they'll have something big planned to add to their portfolio here.

Regarding the WWII museum hotel when is that actually supposed to start, and when is the damn sail thing over the campus going to happen? I feel like the last timeline I saw on that was saying it should be done by now?
That sail thing is so confusing because they keep saying it should be under construction now.. but no clue.

DDAY Hotel got approved from hdlc so its just going through the construction permitting phase now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations