HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
David Hook's idea is a good start but why not go a step further and make it a mixed use development? You could have ground level retail and services with residential above. Come up with a good master plan and then slowly build it out over time. If designed properly people can live, work, and congregate in the same neighborhood.

What they're proposed looks really great, but mixed-use was my idea: "Since these towns evolved with no distinct commercial sector, it would be an interesting idea to build a town centre complete with a traditional main street, brick-faced buildings, streetfront shopping, on-street parking, restaurants with patios, boutiques and residential units above."

http://www.rothesay.ca/development-s...proposal-2015/
(You have until July 22, 2015 to submit comments to Town Clerk)

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 10:22 AM

Valley Developments

I noticed something is under construction at the bottom of Marr Rd last night just before the Guardian coming down the hill. There also seems to be some activity on Millennium Dr also down near the tire place. Anybody know what these are?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebody View Post
I noticed something is under construction at the bottom of Marr Rd last night just before the Guardian coming down the hill. There also seems to be some activity on Millennium Dr also down near the tire place. Anybody know what these are?
I'm curious about that also, seems like we always end up with useless places like a bank or an insurance place (No offence to anyone that works in these places) but it does nothing for the town! Seems like something is going on in the St Hubert's place also Wonder if that is the Pita Pit/ Papa John's I heard was going there?? Time will tell

Old Posted Jul 16, 2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebody View Post
I noticed something is under construction at the bottom of Marr Rd last night just before the Guardian coming down the hill.
I believe it's a Day Care spot.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishingnut View Post
I believe it's a Day Care spot.
see

Old Posted Jul 25, 2015, 4:13 PM

Does anyone have any info on what the situation is with development (or rather lack thereof) on Col. Nase in GB-W? Last I heard is the property owners and the town were still negotiating on frontage costs and that was keeping things at a standstill. Coming up this November, it will have been 4 years since the road opened.

Also curious as to any word on the grocery scene now that River Road Co-Op has closed leaving a cramped, outdated Sobey's as the only option. I know my Mom has decided to shop at the West side store simply because the GB store is outdated, small, and lacks selection.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw78 View Post
Does anyone have any info on what the situation is with development (or rather lack thereof) on Col. Nase in GB-W? Last I heard is the property owners and the town were still negotiating on frontage costs and that was keeping things at a standstill. Coming up this November, it will have been 4 years since the road opened.

Also curious as to any word on the grocery scene now that River Road Co-Op has closed leaving a cramped, outdated Sobey's as the only option. I know my Mom has decided to shop at the West side store simply because the GB store is outdated, small, and lacks selection.
My hope is that Sobey's will build a new store on Col. Nase, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2015, 5:18 PM

There is no negotiation....there is a frontage tax in place.
No new Sobeys anytime soon.
Co op closed as per cororate order.
There are plenty of options, West side Sobeys, Pumkin Patch and more.
This road is not used. Very little chance of anything new coming in the next 12 months.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
There is no negotiation....there is a frontage tax in place.
So if that's true, what was the point of spending millions on a road no one was ever going to use and was never going to be developed? Because of this frontage tax issue, it now seems to be a permanent barrier that anything will ever be built.
Is the logical conclusion then that the town obviously was off in their judgment to lobby for what would be a useless road? Why was this frontage tax issue never sorted out before shovels went in the ground?

I may be missing something, but all this isn't adding up to me...

Last edited by Southpaw78; Jul 30, 2015 at 2:53 AM. Reason: Addition

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 2:06 PM

Quote:
This road is not used. Very little chance of anything new coming in the next 12 months.
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me... in order for a road to be used, things need to be on the road. The idea that no one will build because nothing's already there would indicate that no construction should ever occur on any new road ever.

Is not the frontage tax the chief culprit here? I had heard the new professional building was potentially going to locate on Col. Nase but ended up moving because of the cost issue.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 12:53 AM

mcesso

What is being built in the land across the street from tims, esso etc.? I noyiced when I
I came home for a visit. I had heard that walmart was going to try again to see if they could build in the valley????

Old Posted Aug 4, 2015, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
What is being built in the land across the street from tims, esso etc.? I noyiced when I
I came home for a visit. I had heard that walmart was going to try again to see if they could build in the valley????
Do you mean across from the Irving or do you mean in front of Esso which is now an Irving? And subway

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 10:35 PM

new fevelopment

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebertovich View Post
Do you mean across from the Irving or do you mean in front of Esso which is now an Irving? And subway
It across from all of that. When coming off the highway and going into Quispamsis at the lights whete esso and all that is it is on the right

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw78 View Post
So if that's true, what was the point of spending millions on a road no one was ever going to use and was never going to be developed? Because of this frontage tax issue, it now seems to be a permanent barrier that anything will ever be built.
Is the logical conclusion then that the town obviously was off in their judgment to lobby for what would be a useless road? Why was this frontage tax issue never sorted out before shovels went in the ground?

I may be missing something, but all this isn't adding up to me...
The town is trying to recoop cost for building the road and opening up the land for the land owners.
It is not working out as of yet.
The doctors office wanted to build out there but wanted nothing to do with the tax thing, so they built on the old drive in property.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me... in order for a road to be used, things need to be on the road. The idea that no one will build because nothing's already there would indicate that no construction should ever occur on any new road ever.

Is not the frontage tax the chief culprit here? I had heard the new professional building was potentially going to locate on Col. Nase but ended up moving because of the cost issue.
This is true. They decided to build at the old drive in.
The town has high hopes for an Irving big stop. Personally I don't think this is even on the radar. Exit 80 is getting some interest for an Irving now.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 5:05 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
The town has high hopes for an Irving big stop. Personally I don't think this is even on the radar. Exit 80 is getting some interest for an Irving now.
I would assume that if Irving built a new station at Exit 80 that it would be replacing the Welsford location.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 2:33 PM

Quote:
I live extremely close to Exit 80; I'm not sure how I feel about a Big Stop potentially going up next door. Seems to me that one of the new exits on either end of the Welsford bypass would be a better location.

Though if they ended up pricing their gas to compete with Oromocto, which prices to compete with Fredericton's Costco, I sure wouldn't mind that!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2015, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
It across from all of that. When coming off the highway and going into Quispamsis at the lights whete esso and all that is it is on the right
RV Dealer - I believe it's the one from Hammond River relocating..

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
I live extremely close to Exit 80; I'm not sure how I feel about a Big Stop potentially going up next door. Seems to me that one of the new exits on either end of the Welsford bypass would be a better location.

Though if they ended up pricing their gas to compete with Oromocto, which prices to compete with Fredericton's Costco, I sure wouldn't mind that!
Exit 80 will be the choice if anything happens. Not sure about a "big stop"?
The other exits will miss the traffic going up river and to Westfield.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 4:46 PM
ハルウララ

I imagine Exit 80 would be the location for a simple gas station and convenience store and not a full-on Big Stop location. I'd be shocked if the latter was constructed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces