HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 2:24 PM

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens to these low-lying areas when this snow finally begins to melt in earnest.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 4:10 PM

I for one don't think it will be any more of a freshet that other years.
Very little moisture in this snow.
Also, the snow here in Saint John has little effect on the water levels.
The snow pack up river is a lot less than Saint John.
I was in Woodstock a week ago, some bare fields up there.
This is where we have the issue.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 4:26 PM

Clothing Store Moving Into Pascal Emerson Building On King Street

Posted on Friday, March 27, 2015

A clothing store is going to be moving into the vacant Pascal Emerson building on King Street this July.

That word coming from Litsa Daeres who works alongside Paul Daeres, the owner of the building and her father. She tells us they signed papers last week but have been going back and forth for about a month and a half.

The clothing store will be going in on the left-hand side of the building, closest to the CHSJ and the Wave radio station. When it comes to the exterior of the building, she says there will be new paint, new signage, new windows, and new doors.

She says they can't disclose the name of the company at this point because the announcement hasn't been officially made, however, we should know on April 1.

She adds that they're eventually hoping to get some condos into the building as well, saying the right hand side doors would be where the lobby would be located with elevators and stairs to get to the upper floors.

http://country94.ca/news/1291228395/...ng-king-street

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 3:11 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/futu...-buy-1.3013534

Quote:
Future Shop stores closed across Canada, some to become Best Buy

About 500 full-time and 1,000 part-time jobs will be eliminated

Dozens of Future Shop stores have been closed across Canada, its parent company Best Buy Canada Ltd. announced Saturday.

The company said it was shutting down 66 Future Shop stores effective immediately. Meanwhile, another 65 stores will be closed for a week while they're converted to Best Buy stores.

"Due to the consolidation, approximately 500 full-time and 1,000 part-time positions will be eliminated," Best Buy said.

Future Shop was purchased by Best Buy in 2001 for $580 million.

In a statement announcing the latest move, the Burnaby, B.C.-based retailer said it reviewed all locations for both retailers and found some were so close in proximity they shared the same parking lot.

Two years ago, Best Buy spoke of how it had to adapt to a "changing retail landscape" where online stores were winning a greater share of the electronics market as it closed eight Future Shop and seven Best Buy big box stores across the country.
I've seen at least one pic on Twitter that the Saint John store will be converted from FS red and black to BB blue and yellow.

https://twitter.com/ABlackfordCTV/st...12886663774208

I think the pic is in this link.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 9:48 PM
ハルウララ

From what i've heard all FS locations in NB will be converted to BB...? Seems likely given that there are no BBs currently. Here in Ontario there are power centres with FS and BB next door to each other, so...

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 11:01 PM

There are many stores closing in Moncton and all over I guess. But some big stores are coming here like DSW. Anything happening for SJ

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 3:26 PM

I see a new store has opened in Brunswick Square - LOLE - a new women's clothing store - looks very nice and from what I understand, there is a connection to Ready Man - another great store in the mall. I also hear rumors that Colwells and Haracy's are moving down to the main level(2). Would be nice to see the space left by Aitken's Pewter departure filled soon. I know alot of people don't like Brunswick Square but it really is starting to turn around in my opinion.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
I see a new store has opened in Brunswick Square - LOLE - a new women's clothing store - looks very nice and from what I understand, there is a connection to Ready Man - another great store in the mall. I also hear rumors that Colwells and Haracy's are moving down to the main level(2). Would be nice to see the space left by Aitken's Pewter departure filled soon. I know alot of people don't like Brunswick Square but it really is starting to turn around in my opinion.
No complaints re: Brunswick Square from me. Better than having nothing in the CBD like the other two NB cities IMHO. The entire Inside Connection is a great asset. Saint John, and Halifax really are the only two places in the Maritimes where you can actually get that "city-feel" in a downtown core. We need to stop being so quick to complain, and embrace what we have. It could be a lot worse...

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 5:59 PM

Looks like LOLË Atelier is now open in Brunswick Square. The only other one in the Maritimes at the moment appears to be in Halifax. Not a store for me - but still nice to see new retailers opening up Uptown.

http://www.lolewomen.com/ca/en/home/

Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 1:23 AM

Sleep Country Open

I have not been in, but noticed the sign out front says "NOW OPEN." Finally, after about 6 months. Hopefully they do okay at the location and stick around. Its been a long time since the site was built and its finally full.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 2:19 PM

Lots of mystery around the new tenant going into the Emerson Pascal building on King - the landlord has said a local clothing store - wondering if its Colwells? Rumor has it they are moving from their current location in Brunswick Sq.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 9:48 PM

Mitsubishi Motors is expanding which is nice to see:
Mitsubishi Motors Expansion. by I'm Me, Who are You?, on Flickr

Mitsubishi Motor Is Expanding Again. by I'm Me, Who are You?, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 11:17 PM

So true that the rest of the Maritimes can learn alot about urban design from SJ and Halifax.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 4:58 PM

I was at East Point the other day for something, and noticed there's ALOT of machinery, and blasting taking place. I assumed it had to be for something big since blasting is not cheap. Then came across this picture yesterday. It's hard to see but on the plan you will see that every spot on the plan has the word "Retail" attached to it. Exact one large unit. Ironicaly, it's the exact same size as the Goodlife in Moncton at Mapleton Center... So I'm going to jump on that bandwagon and assume it's that. Also on this map you will notice that in the top right corner there's a large store that wasn't there in the original plans. In the parking lot you will see "Garden Centre". Who has Garden Centre's in parking lots? Sobeys does. And you can see the spot next to it for an NB Liquor.

Something else also in this plan is the proposed Petsmart next to Indigo.

Looks like East Point may have finally woken up. Big changes coming to East Saint John over the next year I think as new things open, and things start shifting around.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 5:12 PM
New Brunswick booster!

I love Brunswick Square! 10× better than Kings Place!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2015, 10:39 PM

Teed and hickorys old location is going to be an optical shop. Renos have started.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 3:48 AM

So it looks like PetSmart is confirmed to be going in beside Indigo @ East Point.

Also seems on that map that they have planned to build onto the Princess Auto building?

Finally, it seems that "proposed kiosk" that is allegedly a Costco Gas would be on the corner of Oakland Street & Retail Drive?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 3:53 AM

This should be a better quality pic that was uploaded here.

XB

Last edited by RaginRonic; Apr 25, 2015 at 4:19 AM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 11:16 AM

If that's for the Costco Gas Bar, that's going to be a traffic nightmare. Between the elevation and the volume they usually do (at least they do here in Freddy), that looks like a very awkward/bad spot for it. But maybe they can work out some directional flow to make it work.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2015, 2:15 PM

I also see they've marked off space for the cart corrals in the parking lot.

Anybody know the square footage of the current Sobeys store?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces