HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 4:45 PM

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 4:51 PM

Now that's sexy from the front and the back!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 5:17 PM

Nice find Urbannizer. This one has a little curve to it which is a little more interesting than the usual rectangles we have been seeing.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 5:47 PM
Honored Member

I really like the way they worked with the parking garage for this render. The main tower connects to the ground on the west side, which gives the impression of tower with an attached parking garage, rather than a tower floating on top of a parking garage. Even if it's all parking under the tower, the visual trickery makes it appear otherwise. I hope they stick with this design, which is much more interesting than it's neighbor to the northeast. Ahem, looking at you, Fairmont.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 5:53 PM

The project description on the architect's website says it will have a leasing office on the ground floor. So that means it will be rental. That conflicts with some previous info that it could be condo.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 6:49 PM

Looking a the render closely a second time I see that the pool is like that of Seven and that it has a glass infinity edge on the northeast corner of the amenity level. So they choose to let people stand and look at the lake rather than have to be in a pool. So your pool view is a city view, different than Seven who put the pool on the southeast corner of their amenity level. I like this idea better letting people stand and look at the lake.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwolf View Post
Looking a the render closely a second time I see that the pool is like that of Seven and that it has a glass infinity edge on the northeast corner of the amenity level. So they choose to let people stand and look at the lake rather than have to be in a pool. So your pool view is a city view, different than Seven who put the pool on the southeast corner of their amenity level. I like this idea better letting people stand and look at the lake.
Won't they be looking at I-35? Although they will have a good view of the Fairmont and the Waller Park Place towers.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 8:08 PM
Meh

This looks good. It reminds me a lot of some of Seattle's buildings.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 10:44 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

I like this a lot.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 11:06 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Nice design and all but when will construction start???

Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 11:53 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
Won't they be looking at I-35? Although they will have a good view of the Fairmont and the Waller Park Place towers.
Yes, it looks to me like the pool is on the NE corner of the parking garage, if I'm interpreting the render correctly. Indeed, the view of Waller, Fairmont, and anything else that goes up in that quadrant, will be pretty nice. Great spot for watching the sunrise, at least during those times of the year when it will appear twixt Waller and Fairmont.

They couldn't offer a view of the lake, as that is largely blocked by the public housing project. So a NE view seems as good as any, given the limited options available at that site.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 11:14 PM

The renderings look great. I think this will be a great addition to the skyline because it will fill the gap between the Four Seasons and the eventual Waller Park Place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this had the financing secured for a long time? I thought this was going to break ground at some point in 2014. On the architect's site, it lists this project under "concepts" Interesting to note that the same firm designed the Whitley and 5th and West, so they're having quite the say on the appearance of downtown. I love the curved features of this one. It is a style of architecture that is lacking in Austin, and this would look great at that location. Does anyone have any speculation on when this will break ground? The on site metal shacks have yet to even be demolished. What is the delay?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGoesVertical View Post
The renderings look great. I think this will be a great addition to the skyline because it will fill the gap between the Four Seasons and the eventual Waller Park Place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this had the financing secured for a long time? I thought this was going to break ground at some point in 2014. On the architect's site, it lists this project under "concepts" Interesting to note that the same firm designed the Whitley and 5th and West, so they're having quite the say on the appearance of downtown. I love the curved features of this one. It is a style of architecture that is lacking in Austin, and this would look great at that location. Does anyone have any speculation on when this will break ground? The on site metal shacks have yet to even be demolished. What is the delay?
The initial press release announcing this project in 11/2013 (which can still be found at World Class Capital's website) said financing was lined up and that a demo permit was in hand to tear down that warehouse. A site plan with building details was then released shortly thereafter. But the site plan has since been pulled for updates and there has been no update from the developers since that initial 11/2013 announcement and no movement on the site.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 11:51 PM

Interesting. Hopefully this means they're fine tuning it and will release a refined site plan. Financing is usually a large barrier so assuming this project still has it in place, maybe 2015 could be realistic for this one. Has it already gone through the approval process?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGoesVertical View Post
Interesting. Hopefully this means they're fine tuning it and will release a refined site plan. Financing is usually a large barrier so assuming this project still has it in place, maybe 2015 could be realistic for this one. Has it already gone through the approval process?
Since they withdrew the site plan for resubmittal it is still going through the permitting process. It's been less than a year and a half since the project was announced and big projects like this usually seem to take longer than that to get off the ground. So I'm not worried about this one yet. But the fact that they seemed ready to go at the onset makes one wonder what the delay was. Right now it appears that a redesign is the culprit due to the withdrawal of the site plan.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Since they withdrew the site plan for resubmittal it is still going through the permitting process. It's been less than a year and a half since the project was announced and big projects like this usually seem to take longer than that to get off the ground. So I'm not worried about this one yet. But the fact that they seemed ready to go at the onset makes one wonder what the delay was. Right now it appears that a redesign is the culprit due to the withdrawal of the site plan.

Maybe they wanted to see if the rail was going to cross their property and over the lake as some proposed.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 5:41 AM

Maybe they just don't have the money to build and are dragging their feet. I suspect that any time there are lengthy delays after a developer makes dramatic announcements and fails to follow through with a construction start. I am usually correct about these matters. I knew that was the case with the Fairmont and suspect that it is the main issue with the Waller Creek proposal and this proposal also. I am not saying these projects won't happen, but I don't think the developers really have their ducks in a row just yet. If the Fairmont lined up money in this (to my mind) over-heated hotel market, anything is ultimately possible.

Last edited by austlar1; Mar 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
Maybe they just don't have the money to build and are dragging their feet. I suspect that anytime there are lengthy delays after a developer makes dramatic announcements and fails to follow through with a construction start. I am usually correct about these matters. I knew that was the case with the Fairmont and suspect that it is the main issue with the Waller Creek proposal and this proposal also. I am not saying these projects won't happen, but I don't think the developers really have their ducks in a row just yet. If the Fairmont lined up money in this (to my mind) over-heated hotel market, anything is ultimately possible.
The difference is that the Fairmont developers never said they has financing lined up at the onset whereas the 99 Trinity developers did say that.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 6:26 AM

Quote:
The difference is that the Fairmont developers never said they has financing lined up at the onset whereas the 99 Trinity developers did say that.
I think Tom Stacey said that a few times too. I just never believe anything a developer says until they pretty much start construction or name a specific lender for their proposed project. I have been watching this stuff for a long time now here and in other cities where I once lived. It seems to me that less than half the projects that get announced actually get built. These guys are not going to build this thing with their own money. That is not how this game works. If they do have the money or come up with the money, they'll get moving on the project.

Last edited by austlar1; Mar 29, 2015 at 6:40 AM.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 6:31 AM

Here is an interesting article about a lawsuit involving the CEO of World Class Capital. I don't imagine this has much to do with 99 Trinity, but it might. http://www.statesman.com/news/busine...es-tips/nd7tm/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin