HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 7:55 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Great, make sure to post images in your thread.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 8:05 PM
Closed account

Please, I don't think STR likes his thread being hijacked with your works in it twintowers just PM him or ask him in your own thread. Clutters up the threads. Sorry for backseat modding it's just getting annoying.

Nice stuff STR.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 8:11 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^Yeah, but I wanted to be nice. I'm really impressed with TT's work. It deserves its own thread.

West end of 2nd floor lobby, looking east.

Last edited by STR; Mar 19, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 9:19 PM

yes i have my own treat called
The twin towered world trade center model the models realy amaze me man
is there a way you could help me with intirior works like mall and plaza level
i now you caint share youre drawings but maibe you can make ellevations of the inspirering models you have build the problem is how to connect the mall with church street im not that far yet first im working on the lowers itself but keep on building man

how wil you build the sphere are there stil drawings of that sculpture

By wtcrebuild at 2011-03-14
omg i caint stop watching this treat man the progres is amazing
that corner in front i believed there was a litle wall i have some images of that
and there was a differend entrance to maibe that was addet later

By wtcrebuild at 2011-03-19

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 19, 2011 at 9:55 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 10:35 PM

hello im working on some intirior
on the link you can see the entrance on the corner liberty and church
can you make an intirior shot of how it realy looks like
im having a part of the mall to now this wil look awesome more images can be seen in my own treat http://img202.imageshack.us/i/wtc4entrance.png/
thanks

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 11:34 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintowersII-2011 View Post
hello im working on some intirior
on the link you can see the entrance on the corner liberty and church
can you make an intirior shot of how it realy looks like
im having a part of the mall to now this wil look awesome more images can be seen in my own treat http://img202.imageshack.us/i/wtc4entrance.png/
thanks
Let me or STR tell you one more time:

PM STR or ask him in your own thread for help. Sorry for being harsh, I just thought STR made it clear to you already.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 3:53 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Getting back on topic...

Last edited by STR; Mar 21, 2011 at 4:48 AM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 7:19 AM

intirior looks realy great keep up the work

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 10:46 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^Hopefully, you can get some useful information out of them.

4WTC is largely done aside from the concourse, which I'll come back to when I'm done with the plaza buildings. I'm back to Tower 1, as once I'm done with it, I'll I have to do is adjust a couple floors and redo the roof and Tower 2 will be done.

Old texture

New Texture. I tried a new technique and it worked out beautifully.

Last edited by STR; Mar 22, 2011 at 7:48 AM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 7:44 AM

yes it works out wel i am making the concourse layout now
i have found some very intresting images out of that the maal crossroad is the hardest part very eery floor but wen its dome its like walking in the real one
the the top of the towers you did realy good keep up the good work
im curios to see how you are gonna make the plaza sculpture
the last one i did was a full week of work

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 7:56 AM
Because I'm Clever!

I don't think it would take me more than a day. Sketchup was never built for organic modelling like The Sphere. 3DS Max has much more extensive tools for that. However, I'm not doing any of the sculptures until after I do the other buildings and the landscaping.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 8:58 AM

the sad part is there are allot of pictures of them but al in differend days if i would use those for texturing you would realy see 20 photos stil
that new techniek you are using makes youre models look like the real thing who nows maibe in a few years we see youre model back in some movies

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 7:56 PM
Because I'm Clever!

I don't expect to texture the sphere model. Most of this model's details are geometric, I actually built the physical 3D surface. Only small things like panel joints that would be memory-intensive to render and tedious to build are textures.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 10:22 PM

ofcourse i want a perfect sphere model in mine to is there a way you could help me on that

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 4:23 AM
Because I'm Clever!

I'm not sure what I could do, but I'd be glad to help if you can think of anything.

Cutaway, specifically of Tower 1. 2WTC was a bit different. Blue is office, green is a lobby, purple is mechanical, red is public use (restaurant, observation, event space), yellow is broadcasting.

Last edited by STR; Mar 23, 2011 at 4:58 AM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 6:49 AM

at the moment im working on the concourse the problem im running into is the height of the main concourse and the differnce in the floor cladding is there a diagram or somthing that shows how the concourse floor was made the same think is also with the ceiling i must now were al of the lichting was there are allot of images of the inside but none of them show the corridor to the towers

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 23, 2011 at 7:09 AM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 7:08 AM

the new techniqe youre using makes the twin look like real on man
sorry i forgot the edit button

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 7:59 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintowersII-2011 View Post
at the moment im working on the concourse the problem im running into is the height of the main concourse and the differnce in the floor cladding is there a diagram or somthing that shows how the concourse floor was made the same think is also with the ceiling i must now were al of the lichting was there are allot of images of the inside but none of them show the corridor to the towers
Problem is, and I've run into this several times, is that the concourse level was altered many times during the 40 years it existed. The carpeting in the tower lobbies appears to have been changed 3 or 4 times. The lobby of 4WTC was completely redone. Several stairways were removed. Escalators were added in several locations. Parts of the mall were completely renovated.

All I have are the construction prints, which are not 100% useful for portraying the complex in 2001. So...I don't know. I can tell you the concourse changed height. There were ramps and stairways that raised and lowered it several feet. The ceiling height varied too.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 8:43 AM

it would not be a problem for me the newly renovated part i have videos from that
the ceiling height wat i mean is from floor to the main upper ceiling you the best thing to look at is path square because that part never changed if i now the height there than i can fix the rest to can you give me the height in meters if possible
and if you have a layout for the floor even if it is altered if could help me allot

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 8:43 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Most of the concourse is the same elevation and height as the first floor of the towers.

Speaking of which...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art