HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
IIRC it is a den for Muses?
It's owned by Kern so I assume it will be a den for someone. The existing Muses den is the big white shed right next to it. My friend who rides in it freaked out when I said I had seen some of the floats prematurely and asked me how...I told her they left the door open

Maybe an expansion for them, but def a den.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 3:35 PM

As far as the downtown W...how would they expand? They don't have a vacant parking lot next door like the Drury does. They have that low-rise with the pool and all so I guess they could build above that and create a second tower?

Also, on the Coroner's office. I noticed they were excavating something. It looked like concrete in the shape of an old railroad spur (plausible) since it stuck out in many different fingers (like a spoke).

Anyone have any clue what this is? It was not visible above ground until they started digging.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 5:06 PM

Glad so many hotel renovations have occurred in the past couple of years. Seems that once the Hyatt opened, everyone else stepped up their game.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 5:24 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
As far as the downtown W...how would they expand? They don't have a vacant parking lot next door like the Drury does. They have that low-rise with the pool and all so I guess they could build above that and create a second tower?
Im sure the area by the pool could be expanded.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 7:50 PM
TL;DR

The ROW for Earhart used to be a railroad... if you look at some aerial photos you can see how buildings and lot lines are curved to accommodate the old rail spurs.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
-

745 BARONNE STREET COMMERCIAL BUILDING

Estimated Value*
$500,000.00
Address
745 Baronne St.
New Orleans, LA 70113
Orleans County
New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner, LA Region
Description
Renovation, site work and new construction of a commercial development in New Orleans. Schematic design plans call for the renovation of existing facade and the construction of a new commercial building at a vacant lot.

The architect is working on preliminary design development plans. A general contractor has been negotiated the project. The project is in the process of obtaining city approvals.

ST. AUGUSTINE MIDDLE SCHOOL EXPANSION
Sector Est. Start Date
Private Friday, November 1, 2013
Estimated Value*
$2,000,000.00
Address
2600 A.P. Tureaud Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70119
Orleans County
Description
Site work and new construction of an educational development in New Orleans. Conceptual plans call for the construction of a middle school building in an existing campus to house sixth through eighth grade classrooms.

This project is tentatively scheduled to begin fourth quarter 2013, pending approvals. An architect and general contractor have not yet been approved. Interested parties may contact the owner.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
745 BARONNE STREET COMMERCIAL BUILDING

Estimated Value*
$500,000.00
Address
745 Baronne St.
New Orleans, LA 70113
Orleans County
Description
Renovation, site work and new construction of a commercial development in New Orleans. Schematic design plans call for the renovation of existing facade and the construction of a new commercial building at a vacant lot.

The architect is working on preliminary design development plans. A general contractor has been negotiated the project. The project is in the process of obtaining city approvals.

Nice. More infill!

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 7:18 PM

This is a project in Pittsburg, but I can imagine the old Electric Station/Power plant on the corner of S. Peters and Market St. in the Lower Garden District becoming something very much like this project. It's a well thought out development, renovation and rehab of an old factory. Could also help revitalize that entire area of NOLA

http://homes.yahoo.com/news/pittsbur...171500309.html

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 9:34 PM

^^^ Drooling....

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 9:37 PM
-

It is well done and Id say the Market Street Plant is in a better location as far as getting multiple uses going. Lets hope something happens. The Plant in baltimore harbor that they redid is quite nice as well, the tenants are crap but the renovation itself was superb! iT was like a baby version of Market Street!

New Restaurants Opening in the Marigny, BywaterPosted on November 27, 2012 by gnorealestatenews
The Gambit reports that Jennifer and Erich Weishaupt recently opened the third edition of their Ruby Slipper Café in a historic former bank building in the Marigny triangle.

The new location at 2001 Burgundy St. will have a similar menu of diner-style breakfast and lunch dishes as the first two locations. The first Ruby Slipper location was opened in Mid-City at 139 S. Cortez St. and the second Ruby Slipper was opened in the CBD at 200 Magazine St.

CityBusiness reports that Booty’s Street Food will officially open Friday for dinner in the Bywater neighborhood. The new eatery at 800 Louisa St. will feature street food from around the world.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
It is well done and Id say the Market Street Plant is in a better location as far as getting multiple uses going. Lets hope something happens. The Plant in baltimore harbor that they redid is quite nice as well, the tenants are crap but the renovation itself was superb! iT was like a baby version of Market Street!

New Restaurants Opening in the Marigny, BywaterPosted on November 27, 2012 by gnorealestatenews
The Gambit reports that Jennifer and Erich Weishaupt recently opened the third edition of their Ruby Slipper Café in a historic former bank building in the Marigny triangle.

The new location at 2001 Burgundy St. will have a similar menu of diner-style breakfast and lunch dishes as the first two locations. The first Ruby Slipper location was opened in Mid-City at 139 S. Cortez St. and the second Ruby Slipper was opened in the CBD at 200 Magazine St.

CityBusiness reports that Booty’s Street Food will officially open Friday for dinner in the Bywater neighborhood. The new eatery at 800 Louisa St. will feature street food from around the world.
You are right! I hope there would be some attempt to tie the Market St Plant in to the river's edge and build a green space or riverside park. Great to see the old bank on Burgundy finally comming back into use, lot's of great thing taking place in town these days!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
^^^ Drooling....

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 12:46 AM

Ms. Gayle just announced on the Hornets pregame show that the colors of the new team name will be red, navy, and gold.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 1:47 AM
-

Got an invite to the grand opening of barcadia today. So that is finally about to open but with new investors brought in! Will be nice to see what happens once it opens... hope overall everyone benefits from it!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 3:04 AM

Claiborne Expressway

Community meetings are finally happening for the Claiborne Expressway removal study!!

1. Dec. 10, from 6 to 8 p.m. at First Grace United Methodist Church's multipurpose room, 3401 Canal St., for the Tulane-Gravier area and Central Business District.
2. Dec. 11, 6 to 8 p.m., at Christian Unity Baptist Church. 1700 Conti St., for the Iberville, Treme/Lafitte and 7th Ward neighborhoods.
3. Dec. 12, 6 to 8 p.m., at Andrew Wilson Charter School's cafeteria, 3617 Gen. Pershing St., for the Broadmoor, Freret and Milan neighborhoods.
4. Dec. 13, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Dryades YMCA, 2220 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., for the Central City and B.W. Cooper neighborhoods.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s..._meetings.html

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 6:22 AM

Tulane Stadium

Tulane Stadium:
First the bad news: It's going to be called Yulman Stadium. Not exactly a winning name. Can't people donate money without their name having to be plastered on everything? How tacky can people be?

Good news: I came across a video animation of the construction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h5NzbRQPuU

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Got an invite to the grand opening of barcadia today. So that is finally about to open but with new investors brought in! Will be nice to see what happens once it opens... hope overall everyone benefits from it!
When is the opening?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 5:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Community meetings are finally happening for the Claiborne Expressway removal study!!

1. Dec. 10, from 6 to 8 p.m. at First Grace United Methodist Church's multipurpose room, 3401 Canal St., for the Tulane-Gravier area and Central Business District.
2. Dec. 11, 6 to 8 p.m., at Christian Unity Baptist Church. 1700 Conti St., for the Iberville, Treme/Lafitte and 7th Ward neighborhoods.
3. Dec. 12, 6 to 8 p.m., at Andrew Wilson Charter School's cafeteria, 3617 Gen. Pershing St., for the Broadmoor, Freret and Milan neighborhoods.
4. Dec. 13, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Dryades YMCA, 2220 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., for the Central City and B.W. Cooper neighborhoods.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s..._meetings.html

Im really excited for this... my gut says its the right thing to do. I guess my main concern is what are they replacing it with... hope its able to handle the traffic as well as be more pedestrian/mass transit friendly. I think whatever happens the capacity to take the pontchartrain expressway from downtown to the split and then head east needs to increase. I actually dont think there is a way currently to go east heading from the cbd down expressway... am I correct?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 5:11 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
When is the opening?
This was about a week ago and the guy told me in about 30-40 days. So no definite date yet but by the end of the year for sure!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Tulane Stadium:
First the bad news: It's going to be called Yulman Stadium. Not exactly a winning name. Can't people donate money without their name having to be plastered on everything? How tacky can people be?

Good news: I came across a video animation of the construction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h5NzbRQPuU
I don't think the name's that bad at all. Tulane has historically had a large Jewish contingent among its students.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations