HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:08 PM

^No ... I never said it did. But they could use some cleaning up of the existing style of the building. They do not need a redesign, they just need some cleaning up.

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:13 PM
HVAC guru

What exactly is wrong with the existing style of buildings ? What do you mean by 'clean them up' ?

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:18 PM

I just said 240glt that nothing is wrong with the building itself in terms of design, pedestrian accessability, etc. The windows and doors on some of them look a little dirty and litter sometimes surrounds the structure of the Donair place, or Cash Shop.

What do I mean by clean them up .... hmmmm get some Windex and towels - clean the windows. Get a broom and sweep the sidewalk. Clean up dirt build up on the structure. Many other Edmonton businesses could do the same, especially the sweeping part.

I remember someone saying last fall or summer or whatever there was a guy who puked outside a bar and it took months for that to get cleaned up. It has nothing really to do with the design, it just needs a good 'ol scrub and sweep that's all. Simple!

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:22 PM
HVAC guru

^ So if a business is dirty phone them write them a letter instead of whining about it on an internet chat forum

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:31 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
I like brownies. Especially the BC kind
What, nanaimo bars?

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
^ So if a business is dirty phone them write them a letter instead of whining about it on an internet chat forum
It was just a comment. I was sharing my opinion just as you do every day on this forum. The difference is you feel like questioning mine for whatever reason. Like I said everyone has their own opinion.

It has been discussed (maybe not here but on C2E) about dirtiness of businesses in Edmonton, sometimes I don't agree with what many say over there, others I do. Maybe contributors from here have discussed the very issue over at C2E and I'm sure here a bit too, so why you feel the need to single me out because I made a comment I don't know but it is extremely disrespectful.

I at least respect your opinion you can at least respect mine.

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:53 PM
HVAC guru

You sound like you're referring to a specific donair shop. In your original post you wrote "Cash stores and Donair shops" Are all donair shops dirty ? I don't think so.

I guess what I'm dancing around is that I think you wrote something stupid and are now trying to back pedal.

If you thought a bit more before you posted we could probably avoid all the people on this forum getting annoyed with you all the time. Don't get me wrong, I like that you contribute to the forum but seriously man, sometimes you write some really stupid stuff.

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 10:55 PM
GT Champion

Its like you guys are arguing with children, oh wait....

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
You sound like you're referring to a specific donair shop. In your original post you wrote "Cash stores and Donair shops" Are all donair shops dirty ? I don't think so.

I guess what I'm dancing around is that I think you wrote something stupid and are now trying to back pedal.

If you thought a bit more before you posted we could probably avoid all the people on this forum getting annoyed with you all the time. Don't get me wrong, I like that you contribute to the forum but seriously man, sometimes you write some really stupid stuff.
I'm not speaking of any in particular. Just some I notice on Jasper Avenue look dirt. And yes, you are right not all of them are dirty. But a chunk of them are.

You have much more experience than me in topics like this - so statements I make or ask may sound stupid to you but that's cause of the fact that you're older. Not to mention you're probably much better at conversations and debates because you've had the experience of it much longer than I.

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 11:54 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonenthusiast View Post
so statements I make or ask may sound stupid
This is worth repeating. In fact, it might just be my new signature

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 3:07 AM
Urban Advocate

oh man... this is a gong show....

But you know what is better then donair shops, that Edmonton definitely needs. Shwarma! Ottawa has this cornered, as does Toronto. Soooo good. Some of the stuff here in Waterloo is pretty good too.

And to keep our sidewalks and streets clean we need pressure washer trucks on a regular basis in the evenings doing their thing. I saw this on a regular basis at 1-2am in Chicago in the Loop district. Granted the populous using those streets were 20 times that of Edmonton, but it was great to have clean sidewalks everyday.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 3:52 AM
Kevin Folds Five

You can get good shwarma at La Shish!

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 4:00 PM
DRINK

You know whats the worst thing about donair shops, they stay open till around midnight. How dare they blight an otherwise attractive uniform row of closed businesses after 6pm.

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 4:04 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by onishenko View Post
Shwarma!
Agreed!

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 9:06 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
This is worth repeating. In fact, it might just be my new signature
Geez you guys. Why don't you give him a break? He's just trying to contribute and be involved. Yes, he does things in his own special way, but you don't have to analyze everything he says to the n'th degree.

Honestly, Edmontonenthusiast, I don't know why you keep coming back to be abused like this. I'll give you credit for your determination, and despite everything that's been said about you I do appreciate your enthusiasm.

Old Posted May 8, 2009, 12:27 AM
serial audiophile

Agreed. Feepa, that was an immature comment - even for you. It's no wonder the Edmonton forum has stagnated so much when new comers get treated like this.

Old Posted May 8, 2009, 2:24 PM

Thanks by the two of you.

IKAN, well I stay because I still like to participate. Only a few people give out problems, and the rest of the Edmonton forumers are fine. The other thing to note, I never get this 'treatment' from any other group on SSP. On C2E, the same people are there, but there is way more people still being nice.

I really don't like the abuse at all and it really isn't right at all but I still do want to contribute. Besides if I leave, they'll win. Maybe they don't realize how harsh they sometimes can be. I don't know. I'm not going to react with the same comments as everybody else, and you're right I probably do it in a unique way. I'm sure you do too. Maybe less obvious, maybe more obvious .

Thanks anyhow!

Maybe we should get back to 240's original topic - I dunno.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_foster View Post
You can get good shwarma at La Shish!
What is this shwarma? I've never heard of it.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 4:23 PM
Urbis Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
What is this shwarma? I've never heard of it.
Well, it's daaaamn good that's for sure. Seriously, make your way over to La-Shish on Jasper and 118 Street and order er' up...

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 5:32 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD UW View Post
Well, it's daaaamn good that's for sure. Seriously, make your way over to La-Shish on Jasper and 118 Street and order er' up...

concur in full... i try to mix up my aprez ski bites between la-shish and moonlight

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton