HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 4:10 AM

Kamloops tallest building! Earlier this week Construction of the Kamloops City Gardens by Kelson Group now sits on the throne as the tallest building in Kamloops! Surpassing the Acacia Tower at 14 storeys..
This is not the only building in Kamloops to take to higher skies, along with the 24 storey tower IN PROGRESS; a 20 storey tower is soon to be expected to take high ground in the later future. I hope this sets a precedent for the growth of Kamloops as a city in the future

IMG_5454 by Jr Jensen, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 3:40 PM
SkyTrain Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
Mike Rose has a bunch of nuisance properties on Tranquille he's been squatting on for years. He's a known slimebag. Some of these places have been on the market for over a decade and he has no interest lowering the price.
More mumbling on this recently.

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/new...t-vacant-sites
Quote:
“I think that realistically, we do have some property holders on the North Shore, there’s a couple — the Pool Mart and the old Keg building for example — which, I don't know, it's 24 years, I don't know when they're going to develop those,” Heighton said.
The Pool Mart I recall being open a decade ago. The Keg however, I've lived in Kamloops since 2000 and I have never seen it open, so he's been squatting on that for nearly 25 years and on NL this morning he was still playing the "I might want to do something with the place" card.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 4:28 AM

These people that hold condemned buildings on significant streets are the worst. Wish the city would tax the s*#t out of them to force their hand.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 7:22 PM
SkyTrain Nut

Mel had no interest in poking that bear
Peter kept his hands off that topic.
Ken wouldn't touch it.
Reid's too busy fighting with council.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 2:35 AM

With the amount of arsons in kamloops lately, it’s only a matter of time before it goes up in flames.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 9:59 PM
Project manger

So the NDP in town to announce a new doctorate program at TRU on fire behavior. The money the put into this would be far better spent on new bombers. Just a joke.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2024, 5:41 AM

Unsure if anyone has posted images for the PineView Elementary, Station One Architects are the designers and their renderings are posted on their website!
https://www.soarchitects.com/portfol...entary-school/

Old Posted Apr 7, 2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen201 View Post
Unsure if anyone has posted images for the PineView Elementary, Station One Architects are the designers and their renderings are posted on their website!
https://www.soarchitects.com/portfol...entary-school/
Station One are the best looking architecture firm here in Kamloops I just wish more residential developers chose them instead of blue green.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 2:54 AM

Agreed, they do great work, but they're not from Kamloops. Their office is in Abbotsford. Seems like they're doing a lot of work in town so hopefully more developers start to use them.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VantageHD View Post
Agreed, they do great work, but they're not from Kamloops. Their office is in Abbotsford. Seems like they're doing a lot of work in town so hopefully more developers start to use them.
Oh interesting, could've sworn they were lol. But yeah City gardens is a great example of the amount of detail and dedication they put into their projects.

I can only imagine what it would look like if Blue Green was the architect lol.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 7:07 PM
Project manger

Wait... I thought everyone liked Blue Green lol.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 7:19 PM
Project manger

Demolition of former Northbridge Hotel building begins again

The City of Kamloops purchased the former hotel property along with the adjacent site at 346 Campbell Ave. for $7.1 million in October 2021.

Council authorized the demolition of the Northbridge Hotel building in December 2022. This winter, council members said the 377 Tranquille Rd. property could be a good fit for the province's housing-focused BC Builds program.

The Campbell Avenue property has been purchased by BC Housing for $3.7 million. The province plans to construct an 80-unit affordable rental and social housing development. The property will be managed by ASK Wellness.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 11:10 PM
Project manger

KAMLOOPS — Multi-family units have carried the Kamloops building sector for the first quarter of 2024.

New numbers released by the City of Kamloops Building Inspection Division show $23.1 million in permit activity in March, more than double the $9.7 million during the same month last year.

Two multi-family permits of three or more units were worth a combined $15.3 million in March 2024. In total, the City reports $20.3 million in residential construction value from 24 permits last month compared $6.5 million over 20 permits during the same month last year.

Permits for 113 residential units have been approved throughout the first three months of 2024 compared to 22 during the same timeframe last year. There have been 90 multi-family sites approved as of the end of March compared to zero at the same time last year.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2024, 7:39 PM

Hi ppl! Hope all is well with you guys today I drove by 1693 East Trans Canada HWY earlier this week and saw some groundwork’s happening in the location. Although I’m not sure construction is happening for the 5 storey building quite yet, it certainly looked like it! If someone can confirm with us all that would be amazing!

IMG_5606 by Jr Jensen, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 13, 2024, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen201 View Post
Hi ppl! Hope all is well with you guys today I drove by 1693 East Trans Canada HWY earlier this week and saw some groundwork’s happening in the location. Although I’m not sure construction is happening for the 5 storey building quite yet, it certainly looked like it! If someone can confirm with us all that would be amazing!

IMG_5606 by Jr Jensen, on Flickr
Hey Jensen, according to the cities active permits website, they do have a building permit active. Should be a nice addition to the area!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2024, 12:16 AM

I think it's safe to say that ones under construction.

This one in Aberdeen might have started up as well. Equipment on site and the buffet restaurant has been demolished. Might be seeing another crane go up on that side of the highway.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2024, 2:58 PM

Anyone know what's going in above costco? City's website says there's a DP out for 116 unit apartment. It's too bad their website didn't just link all DP's. Would be interesting to see everything people are proposing.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2024, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VantageHD View Post
Anyone know what's going in above costco? City's website says there's a DP out for 116 unit apartment. It's too bad their website didn't just link all DP's. Would be interesting to see everything people are proposing.
I drive by it every single day as I live Nearby, they're on site pretty much every single day but yet nothing has changed much in the past 2 years lol. People in the neighborhood thinks its some kind of illegal quarry operation.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2024, 9:03 PM

Property housing The Loop in North Kamloops sold to Kamloops realtor

“The opportunity to purchase this property came to my attention a number of months ago,” Shaw said in a statement. “At the time when this property was being considered, it was winter, and we did not want to cause undue stress or disruption at The Loop and those it serves.”

“This announcement comes after thoughtful consideration of the community’s needs and the property’s potential to contribute positively to the city’s growth.”

In the statement, Shaw says he envisions turning the property into “a vibrant commercial space that will not only enable local businesses to thrive but also contribute significantly to the community’s growth.”

“It will need a lot of clean up, repairs, and renovation work to create a space that will work for businesses, but it’s a great, central location in the heart of the Tranquille Market Corridor,” he said.

https://www.radionl.com/2024/04/16/116911/

This is great to see happen, that place has been an eye-sore for so long.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2024, 9:13 PM
SkyTrain Nut

Stinks to me.
I hated The Loop just as much as everyone else on the street but I always saw real estate agents buying properties as really shady, even if it's just to diversify a portfolio.
I'm citing Mike again for this and his multiple derelict buildings up and down Tranquille.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia