HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 5:50 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
For those who haven't seen it completed, I found these pictures. Adds some much needed colour to the downtown. It's too bad they didn't glaze the concrete panels like they originaly plan because it still looks like crap in the day time.

http://ottawaphotochallenge.blogspot...s-seen-in.html
For those too lazy to click:

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish View Post
For those too lazy to click:

I like it, looks great at night - though I doubt the day time shots would have the same appeal.

And I'd have to agree with the other poster, too bad they didn't do any improvements to the grey, ugly concrete.

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 4:44 AM

Why is that ugly brown concrete paneling still there? It's like a high quality renovation to a bathroom but keeping the old barf green fixtures. Sure there better quality, but damn they're ugly!

BTW, what's happening around there anyway; they seem to be digging the perimeter after only a few months of opening the new entrance. I figure it has something to do with the city's infrastructure and not the hotel, but I'm not sure.

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Why is that ugly brown concrete paneling still there? It's like a high quality renovation to a bathroom but keeping the old barf green fixtures. Sure there better quality, but damn they're ugly!

BTW, what's happening around there anyway; they seem to be digging the perimeter after only a few months of opening the new entrance. I figure it has something to do with the city's infrastructure and not the hotel, but I'm not sure.
The last time I walked by there it looked like they were digging up the concrete to put in grass.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Marriott expanding in Canadian market with purchase of Delta Hotel brand

The Canadian Press ~ OBJPublished on January 27, 2015

Marriott International Inc. has signed a deal to buy the Delta hotel brand from B.C. Investment Management Corp. for $168 million.

Under the agreement, the U.S. hotel chain will take over the management and franchise operations for the 38 Delta hotels and resorts, including the Ottawa location on Lyon Street, from the provincial investment manager.

Marriott, which has more than 4,100 hotels around the world, says the acquisition will bring its operations to more than 120 hotels and 27,000 rooms in Canada.

Affiliates of B.C. Investment Management own 13 of the Delta hotels and will sign new 30-year management agreements with Marriott.

Meanwhile, third parties own the other 25 Delta hotels including 15 that are managed by Delta and 10 are that franchised.

Marriott says it plans to integrate the Delta hotels into its systems, loyalty program and website.

It expects to close the deal in the second quarter after getting approvals from Canadian competition authorities and certain other consents.

B.C. Investment Management manages investments for public sector pension funds as well as publicly administered trust funds and government operating funds.
http://www.obj.ca/Canada---World/201...-Hotel-brand/1

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 5:25 PM
Closed account

The article is a bit vague on whether Delta will carry on as a brand or not.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 5:43 PM

Based on the quote below, I think they will be rebranded to Marriott, which kind of sucks; we already have like 10 Marriotts, including the one connected through Place de Ville a block away.

Marriott says it plans to integrate the Delta hotels into its systems, loyalty program and website.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Based on the quote below, I think they will be rebranded to Marriott, which kind of sucks; we already have like 10 Marriotts, including the one connected through Place de Ville a block away.

I'd think the most likely rebranding would be to the Renaissance Ottawa or something like that...

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 6:40 PM

Or "AC Hotel"?
Quote:
This is an upper-moderate tier lifestyle hotel brand for the design conscious traveler. Each offers a convenient city location and a stylish, cosmopolitan feel. Urban in the best sense of the word, these hotels are ideal for both business and leisure travelers who want to really experience all the options of a city
http://www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 7:40 PM

Quote:

The article seems to suggest that Marriott was buying the brand, which would suggest that the brand has some intrinsic value in and of itself. Otherwise they could have just cherry-picked the real estate.

Regardless, this is too much Marriott and too little competition for my liking.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 2:20 AM
National Capital Region

http://www.thestar.com/business/tech...lta-hotel.html

Quote:
Hoffman said the company does not anticipate changing any Delta hotels into Marriott locations, but will extend its Marriott rewards platform to Delta properties.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I stayed at one in Bologna in the fall and I really liked the experience/aesthetic, but as waterloowarrior pointed out, doesn't look like the brand will be changing.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa