HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 15, 2011, 11:43 PM

Update on new Pearl District apartments.

2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
? Where would that be located? Does San Antonio really have the market for that kind of development? I would understand Houston, but San Antonio? Really?
The asian population isn't very big probably 40K but, it is growing, thus a proposed development like this. I have no idea where in the city this will be built.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Last edited by Paul in S.A TX; Jun 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2011, 12:49 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
The asian population isn't very big probably 40K but, it is growing, thus a proposed development like this. I have no idea where in the city this would be built.
It is in Helotes, which is the worst possible place for the Asian community.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:17 AM

Glad to see this

I actually stumbled upon this about a year and half ago. I've read pretty much from the beginning to current. Glad to see ya'll kept this up, and that others are interested in the future of San Antonio also.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 5:29 PM

Apologies if this has already been addressed but is there a reason why downtown SA is so short on highrises ?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 7:43 PM
Paradise

There really hasn't been much of a reason for a massive amount of people to move downtown. Hopefully that will change soon with 1221, Pearl, and Cevallos and others on the horizon.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 12:09 AM

What's the story behind that building that I saw going up at 3rd Street and Ave E today as I was driving downtown SATX? Anyone have any details on the building? I looked at a website that features downtown development in SATX, but I didn't find anything listed for that site.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 5:55 PM

VIA to proceed with development of multi-modal center in West San Antonio

Quote:
The U.S. Department of Transportation .. awarded VIA Metropolitan Transit .. a $15 million grant to fund the development of San Antonio’s first multi-modal transportation hub in the Cattleman Square area.

VIA will invest in a Westside Multimodal Transit Center that will offer commuters access to regular bus service, bus rapid-transit service, intercity bus service, local taxi service, access to Amtrak .. and the proposed Lone Star Rail commuter service between San Antonio and Austin. The center will be located in and around the International and Great Northern Railroad depot building just west of downtown.

“The Westside Multimodal Center is the hub of our mass transit future,” says San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro. “Because of this and other investments, people coming down the I-10 and State Highway 151 corridors will soon find it easier to get to downtown and on to their destinations in other parts of the city.”
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...opment-of.html

Old Posted Dec 18, 2011, 9:46 AM

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Announces Major Tower Attraction for 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdyl...yer_detailpage" target="_blank">Video Link

Quote:
Guests Will Experience Thrills at New Heights with SkyScreamer

Six Flags Fiesta Texas revealed plans today to give guests more to scream about in 2012 with the introduction of SkyScreamer. The newest sensation in tower rides, SkyScreamer joins the park’s already spectacular lineup of thrills as it takes guests skyward, high above the park. The addition of SkyScreamer continues Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ tradition of providing thrilling rides and award-winning live entertainment. A selection of new and returning show favorites will also be featured in 2012.

Towering 200-ft. above the ground, SkyScreamer will surpass the height of the park’s quarry walls. Thirty-two guests will board the ride and sit two across in open air swings as they climb to the top of the SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round. At full swing, guests will soar in a 98-ft. circle at speeds of 40 mph with the rest of the park far below their dangling feet.

“SkyScreamer will provide a breathtaking, panoramic view towering above our unique park setting. From the vantage point of these thrilling, open-air swings, guests will have an unusual birds’ eye perspective of the San Antonio skyline as they soar to new heights,” stated Park President Martin Bozer.

By day, guests will have an aerial view for miles past the cliff walls and even into downtown. By night, SkyScreamer will provide a totally different experience. SkyScreamer will take flight in Spring 2012.
http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/...eamer2012.aspx

Last edited by JoninATX; Dec 29, 2011 at 3:03 PM.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2011, 7:18 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post

FANTASTIC! Finally, San Antonio does something to get people around without using a car.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2011, 10:07 PM
~Hook'em~

Quote:

That is fantastic! Due to my limited experience of San Antonio I am a little confused on just where this is located. I tried Google maps and can't seem to find the depot they are going to redo to build this. Could someone please point it out to me? I found a museum north of downtown, but the article says it is west of downtown. This looks quite nice.

Also, hopefully Austin does something like this for the Austin side of the LSR project. I wonder if they did do something like this where it would be? Everything I have seen for the Austin side of the LSR, is that the downtown location is going to be the Amtrak station. That whole area has been bought up and under continuous development the past few years, and on the back side of it is the YMCA so they can't do much of anything that way. Also the Austin Metro Rail is on the east side of downtown at the Convention Center, while the Amtrak is on the west side of downtown near Lamar. It would be nice to get all of that together in one place for the LSR SA to Austin commuter line.

Having two nice hubs just like this one SA is planning in both downtown SA and downtown Austin I think would go a long way to helping the LSR become a reality and a smashing success. And it would be great to create more of a stronger SA and Austin connection for all of our fantastic local business. Each city helps each other be stronger and more successful that way. Plus anything that can be done to help that traffic mess that is I-35 is great!

Old Posted Dec 18, 2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:

The former Missouri-Pacific Depot!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 7:58 AM

I'm really exicited for this thing to start. 2012 is going to be a good year for San Antonio.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2011, 3:01 PM

Sea World Expansion

Last edited by JoninATX; Dec 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 3:38 PM

Cool Pearl Brewery

Does Anyone know what are the plans at the Pearl are for the old Alamo lodge hotel they torn down?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 5:46 PM

Central S.A.

Under construction.

Can Plant

1800 Broadway

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 5:54 PM

Hemisfair park redevelopment @ Alamo Street/ New central & downtown Street Car system approved.

mysa.com

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 6:05 PM

Hemisfair Park reopening historic street grid that was removed to build the '68 Worlds fair. Graphic of new street grid.

mysa.com

MIG Berkeley urban design group.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 6:19 PM
~Hook'em~

SA streets confuse the heck out of me. lol.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 6:30 PM

Museum Reach Riverwalk development.

Wyndham Hotel River North.
mysa.com
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/downtow...ages-new-look/

New San Antonio Children's Museum Broadway
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/downtow...useum-to-move/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations