HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 22, 2008, 11:33 PM

That would be an interesting location. I wonder if there's any height restrictions there with the airport being fairly close and all.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2008, 10:31 PM
Closed account

I don't know about airport restrictions, but count on the Terrel Heights neighborhood behind the site to fight the tower with everything they've got.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2008, 2:24 AM

True that, they were up in arms over 3-story apartments. You'd think all the trees around there would block their view of most of this stuff and keep them safely ensconced within their anti-height, anti-urban cocoons.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2008, 5:20 PM

I have searched the internet but no info. The info I have is from inside sources...and they say a highrise like the broadway where the BillyTs and the old plant nursery use to be.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2008, 9:45 PM

Old Posted Nov 13, 2008, 1:47 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Looks like they're prepping the lot next to billy t's.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2008, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post

That first picture is the JW Marriott Resort right?

The second is the Tesoro Building...

Old Posted Nov 26, 2008, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiphanes View Post
I also went to the Starwood Hotels website and saw two San Antonio A loft hotels that they are going to build. One downtown and one in the North Side of town..

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofth...els/index.html

San Antonio aloft San Antonio Downtown - Opening December, 2009
San Antonio aloft San Antonio North - Opening January, 2011

Here are some other hotels rumored:

Now these are all small...but the Springhill Suites downtown looks like a 5 story building and the Aloft Hotel by Starwood looks huge. The Hyatt Summerfield downtown looks like at least a 12 story building.

I am not sure how accurate this information is but if anybody knows anything about these hotels being built please pass it along.

http://www.alamocityhotels.com/

14) ALoft Hotel by Starwood
408 Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
210-340-9991
1-800-704-9998 (Res. only)
ttribby@alamocityhotels.com
Opening July 2009

16)Springhill Suites
411 S. Flores Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
210-340-9991
Fax 210-340-9580
ttribby@alamocityhotels.com
Opening July 2009

10) Hyatt Summerfield Downtown
603 Navarro Street
San Antonio, TX
Opening Summer 2009

13) SpringHill Suites Airport
514 NE Loop 410
San Antonio TX 78216
Phone: (210) 340-9991
Opening Jan. 2009
The aloft North (Stone Oak) location has been taken off the website. Two other locations (Airport and Northwest/La Cantera) are listed to open in 2009 and 2010.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2008, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSanAntonioLame View Post
All I know is about the two apartment complexes on Austin Highway. The first one, at the site of the former Seven Oaks hotel, is already complete. The second one is being built where there were some crummy old motels. I had seen that Billy Ts had been closed, but I just thought it was because their burgers sucked. I don't know anything about a condo.
skimmed through some records and came up with some info/updates on projects:
  • "The second one" is a Chancellor Development project that will look like this, but with 120 more units; the one in this pic has 240

Its similar to Artessa at Quarry or the 1800 on Broadway in that it will be a wrap-around complex.
    Quote:
    The current properties are located at 1107 to 1125 Austin Highway, along the north side of the road between Mt.
    Calvary Drive and North New Braunfels Avenue, and near Terrell Hills and Alamo Heights.
    “We are very excited about this sale because the new project will represent one of very few new redevelopments of its
    kind close in to the urban center of the city,” said Sykes, of First American. “It will be bring a fresh look and complement other
    continuing improvements along Austin Highway.”
    Chancellor plans to construct a single building wrapping around an interior parking garage, with two swimming pools –
    one resort-style and the other a lap pool – as well as a cabana. The project will be similar to one the company developed in
    Kingwood, north of Houston, called Harbor View, a four-story, 250-unit apartment complex that also wraps around an internal
    parking garage, as part of a mixed-use development called Kings Harbor.
  • Many permits were granted this week for 1901 S. San Marcos for what most of us might know is going to be the development at Union Stockyards.
    Franklin Developments is the company and valuation of permits is well over 6 million for what looks like 9 total buildings
  • Also in the "same area;" there was also permits in valuation of over 4 million to NRP Group on S. Calaveras off of Frio City Rd; they already have the San Juan Apts on Ceralvo.
  • Building at 1962 Alamo St. received permit for million dollar addition and renovation.
  • 161 Commerce, the building across from Aztec Building and Drury Inn, got permit for interior renovation. *studio/condos* w/ retail on 1st floor is what is being tried there.
  • Trying to find out what Malitz Construction is doing at the Billy T's site.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Last edited by miaht82; Nov 28, 2008 at 7:28 AM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2008, 8:19 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

The quarry golf course clubhouse is going to be the site of a new medium size hotel. No word on a brand, specific size or height or whether the golf course will remain open to the public or whether it will be for hotel guests only.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

They're digging foundations for whatever they're building next to Bill T's (which is unfortunately still standing). It's not a very big footprint, so my guess is that it's a strip center, but the foundation is more extensive than what I would expect for something like that.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
The quarry golf course clubhouse is going to be the site of a new medium size hotel. No word on a brand, specific size or height or whether the golf course will remain open to the public or whether it will be for hotel guests only.

I have some connections at the golf course. I won't say much because it is all still preliminary ideas. The master plan for the Golf Course is to make it more difficult (slight altering to the layout), rebuild greens and bunkers, replace clubhouse with a new building that will also house a boutique hotel, and moving the maintenance shed from the back to front 9 and replace with a condo tower (low to mid-rise).

The hotel would be no where near big enough to restrict play to hotel guests. The quarry makes too much money off of tourists and conventioners from downtown and other area hotels. They have to be very careful in planning to build a hotel. They don't want to step on any toes.

A Boutique hotel is really the only way to go.

All of these are just plans. Expect the course to be improved first, but I wouldn't expect anything else to happen anytime soon.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2009, 9:40 PM

I just went up I10 past 1604....lots of cranes on both sides of the freeway...in the Rim and on the other side. What are these hotels?

I will take some pictures...

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 3:04 PM

eilan on the left, twin marriotts at the Rim.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted Jan 8, 2009, 3:51 PM

There is finally some activity at the Village at the Rim. The signs give a 2010 opening for it. I'm hoping that the 13 story hotel is still a part of it.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2009, 8:23 PM
Meh

The Broadway building heights.

So, I emailed the folks at thebroadwaysanantonio.com yesterday for the building heights and floor count info.

I got a reply back today from Mike Reddell with the Ironwood Marketing Group. They of course are the company that is marketing The Broadway.

Here's a San Antonio Business Journal article that mentions them:

Koontz McCombs taps Dallas firm to lead marketing efforts for The Broadway
http://wichita.bizjournals.com/wichi...4/daily14.html

From Mike's email to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Reddell
Kevin:

Please see answers to your questions about The Broadway in red.

Thanks for your interest. I have enjoyed Emporis for some time.

Kindest regards,

Mike Reddell

President

Ironwood Marketing Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Reddell
We will have 21 “floors” since we don’t have a 13th “floor.” The reality is that there are 20 floors, we just refer to them as levels. Confusing?
Basically what this means is that if you stood there and counted the floors, you would see 20 actual floors. But because of the tradition of skipping the 13th floor for superstitious reasons, once they reach the 13th floor, they skip it. So instead of it reading "13" on the elevator, it's actually labeled as the 14th floor. So what would be the 20th floor ends up being counted as the 21st. Make sense? So the building should be listed as having 20 floors.

Here are the heights.

278 feet, 7 inches to the top of the mechanical penthouse parapet. This is the highest point on the building and would be the official height of it.

260 feet, 11 inches to the main roof parapet.

240 feet, 5 inches is the height of the 20th and highest floor. So standing on the 20th floor looking out the window, you'd be 240 feet, 11 inches above the street.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Feb 19, 2009, 2:41 AM

24 story boutique hotel

2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2009, 3:04 AM

Aloft hotel downtown.

2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2009, 3:28 AM

originally posted by Sirkingwilliam

Pearl District.

Last edited by Paul in S.A TX; Feb 19, 2009 at 5:38 PM.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2009, 5:15 PM

The Eillian mixed use development. UC

RACKSPACE HQ

Last edited by Paul in S.A TX; Feb 25, 2009 at 7:07 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations