HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 1, 2010, 6:10 AM

Tobin Endowment Commits $15 million
For Performing Arts Center Project:
The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO, June 30, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — The Bexar County Performing Arts Center Foundation today announced a $15 million challenge gift from The Tobin Endowment to lead the private-sector capital campaign which will supplement the $100 million approved by Bexar County voters in 2008 for the re-construction of Municipal Auditorium into a new performing arts center. In recognition of that lead gift, the new facility will be named The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts.
http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/be...ingarts/42366/

Old Posted Jul 3, 2010, 3:38 AM
robert die katze

^ That looks pretty frickin' sweet!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2010, 3:52 AM
Let's Eat!

Wow alot of action going on for that River North Project. Im guessing with the completion of that culinary arts school it will lead to possible fine dinning restaurants, housing and diversify downtown. Keep posting guys! Doing a great job!!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2010, 8:17 PM

Tobin Center for the Peforming Arts on the Riverwalk. New home for the Symphony, and dance companies.

LMN Architects

Front Aerial existing Municipal Auditorium.

Riverwalk portion.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2010, 11:47 PM

Please Please Please and don't let those nasty city people who screwed they Hyatt up get involved. This will be one of the first major class things I have seen in San Antonio in a long time.....way way cool.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 3:30 AM
San Antonio

rivercenter mall

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 3:29 PM
Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
Please Please Please and don't let those nasty city people who screwed they Hyatt up get involved. This will be one of the first major class things I have seen in San Antonio in a long time.....way way cool.
Ditched this

For this

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 11:33 PM

One of the worst exchanges in recent North American urban development (esp. proportionate to existing building stock).

Liking the Municipal Auditorium makeover, though -- and the new North Branch of the Riverwalk looks fantastic; can't wait to see it.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2010, 12:17 AM
San Antonio

the first picture looks better than the grand hyatt...

Old Posted Aug 12, 2010, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice93 View Post
Ditched this

For this

I was so pissed when they decided to go with the design that we have today.The proposal above would've been sweet! I also liked the other proposed design.

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?buildingID=17335

Old Posted Aug 12, 2010, 9:02 AM
robert die katze

Ugh. This makes me speechless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice93 View Post
Ditched this

For this

Old Posted Aug 14, 2010, 9:30 AM

Those old ladies of that commitee need to go back to playing bingo. I was royalie pissed off for awhile when I saw the plans for the Grand Hyatt, I was throwing stuff around the room lol, non damaging stuff of course. I honestly thought someone was joking when they posted the new plans.
I sent the review board a nice email about the grand Hyatt and the new boring box vidorri w/o the fins. I think I pissed them off because one responded with a lil attitude. I don't remember everything, but she started off by saying,
"I don't know whom you are, but" basically saying that they don't shoot down everything modern... hmm?
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2010, 10:25 AM

Another rendering of the Tobin Center.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2010, 10:42 AM

Hays street historic Bridge restoration project.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2010, 7:54 PM
Meh

^Very nice. I need to go over there next time for some pics. Is there a chance they might turn that area into a park? That would be great.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 3:26 PM
Endless Moments...

The bridge looks nice. I likes...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 7:39 PM

Cevallos St lofts Under constructon Downtown/Southtown mysa.com

Chef Wisemann trailer style dining on River banks at Pearl

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 8:23 PM

SAPD/FD Headquarters uc. boring!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 8:35 PM

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 8:40 PM

More on the Pearl

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations