HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 26, 2010, 9:25 PM
Wen Lambo

News on Adobe's campus...

Plans have finally been drawn up and it will most likely break ground in mid-Feb or early March and will be 4 stories. However, it will incorporate a design that builds (and connects both pieces of property) over Cabela's Blvd.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2010, 3:33 AM

I believe this is the Embassy Suites Hotel in Pleasant Grove. If it is, then it sure has been reduced from the original 12-13 stories to only 5 now, and it was proposed to have a convention center with it.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2010, 5:57 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Hold on...I thought it was rumored that Adobe's building would be around 7-stories. There would be two buildings with a skybridge to connect them both.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 1:20 PM

MATC plans to open Thanksgiving Point campus Jan. 12

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...52ae255fe.html

LEHI -- Thanksgiving Point will have approximately 2,000 students entering a new neighboring educational facility southwest of its Electric Park on Jan. 18 for classes at Mountainland Applied Technology College.

A ribbon-cutting and dedication program for the new MATC administration headquarters for the area is planned for Jan. 12 at 11 a.m...

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 9:11 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I believe this is the Embassy Suites Hotel in Pleasant Grove. If it is, then it sure has been reduced from the original 12-13 stories to only 5 now, and it was proposed to have a convention center with it.
You believe what is this?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 9:20 PM
Bring out the cranes...

LDS Church to turn Utah County property into old Jerusalem
January 2nd, 2011 @ 10:00pm
By Sam Penrod

GOSHEN -- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is about to begin work on a major film project focused on the New Testament. The Church won't be filming on location in Israel, but will use a large area of property in Utah County where a set of Jerusalem is being built.

The set is not for a full-length movie about the Bible. Producers say they are creating scriptural stock footage to be used in a variety of LDS Church productions.

This summer, they plan to shoot more than 30 short stories from the New Testament in an area of Utah that they found has a similar look to the terrain of Jerusalem.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=13858132

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 6:28 PM
Wen Lambo

I just saw renderings of the new Adobe campus... very unique and looks nothing like any of the cookie cutter office buildings already at Thanksgiving point.

Lots of glass, elevated in parts. It almost looked like its in the shape of an x or something...

Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 4:35 PM

New towers at Thanksgiving Point?

Does anyone know what these towers are that are going up next to the big office building at Thanksgiving Point (the one with Microsoft)? This photo is a few weeks old and the towers now look like they are about three stories each so far and still rising.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 6:09 PM
Bring out the cranes...

The term "Tower" gets overused. I don't think this building will rise any higher then 5 stories. I always laugh at developers who call their buildings "Towers" when the buildings itself are only 4-stories. Thanks for the photo update. But I don't think this will be a "Tower" by any means.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 8:30 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I was thinking that same thing, and then I read your post, and you said exactly what I was thinking.

Here's my loose definitions, what does everyone think?
Low rise 2-5 stories
Mid rise 6-10 stories
High rise 11 +

Obviously in other metros these numbers would be different, but for me this fits nicely for SLC.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post

I was thinking that same thing, and then I read your post, and you said exactly what I was thinking.

Here's my loose definitions, what does everyone think?
Low rise 2-5 stories
Mid rise 6-10 stories
High rise 11 +

mine is close to that.

Low rise 1-4 stories
Mid rise 5-10 stories
High rise 11-19 stories
Skyscrapers 20 +

While I think most people might have skyscrapers at a little bit higher then 20-floors, this is salt lake and we don't really have that many buildings over 20 stories so I lower the bar just a bit. IMHO.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 7:11 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubber View Post
Does anyone know what these towers are that are going up next to the big office building at Thanksgiving Point (the one with Microsoft)? This photo is a few weeks old and the towers now look like they are about three stories each so far and still rising.
So, does anybody remember what these low to mid-rises are intended for? There's been so much going on at Thanksgiving Point, I stopped trying to keep track.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
So, does anybody remember what these low to mid-rises are intended for? There's been so much going on at Thanksgiving Point, I stopped trying to keep track.
It's called 'Thanksgiving Park'. The one that is going up right now is the 'sister' to the one that is already built right next to it. It's all going to be one big complex.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 7:36 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4vok View Post
It's called 'Thanksgiving Park'. The one that is going up right now is the 'sister' to the one that is already built right next to it. It's all going to be one big complex.

http://www.thanksgivingpark.com/

So in other words, it's just another business park.

I also found a live cam.

http://www.thanksgivingpark.com/Camera.html

Ok I'm learning some more about this. Looks like the first building is 5-story and the 2nd one ( the one that is getting built right now ) will be 4-stories.
this layout gives you an idea of why it's just another office park and that there's way too much parking lot. Oh well, that's about what I expected.

http://www.thanksgivingpark.com/uplo...1x17_Flyer.pdf

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 9:06 PM

It's too bad thall of this office development is being developed there. 1.1 million square feet would be a nice highrise downtown! IMO, those office buildings are ugly.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 11:02 AM

Springville library constructions moves on

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...4cf62c846.html

SPRINGVILLE -- Construction of the Springville Library is on schedule and will open in the fall, said library director Pamela Vaughn.

"We're feeling really good about the library and everybody who goes by will see what the library is like," she said. The roofline is completed and the curves and angles of the building have been revealed in structural steel.

springvillelibraryfoundation.com

Old Posted Feb 2, 2011, 12:50 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
Well I guess it could go three ways using the most recent examples I could think of:

1. Go the Spring Lake, Utah route and make no decision until the county just ends up allowing it to be split up and annexed into neighboring cities (Spring Lake, Utah is currently being absorbed by Payson and Santaquin).
Spring Lake proper is not currently being annexed by either city. Payson and Sataquin are both interested in the undeveloped land west of Spring Lake and possibly Spring Lake proper, and Payson City actually owns the lake itself.

Payson City Council and Santaquin City Council recently sat down to begin discussions about drawing a "line in the sand" of where each city will annex. Not that this will do any good really because Santaquins previous annexation policy plan, which is filed with the county (every city has one) didn't stop them from annexing about 1400 acres beyond that plan, last year.

One major issue is that a large number of land owners south of the proposed line in the sand, have no interest in ever being in Santaquin and would rather be in Payson City. There is going to be a public meeting held on Wednesday March 30th for the property owners to express their opinions on annexation.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2011, 2:32 AM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
Spring Lake proper is not currently being annexed by either city. Payson and Sataquin are both interested in the undeveloped land west of Spring Lake and possibly Spring Lake proper, and Payson City actually owns the lake itself.

Payson City Council and Santaquin City Council recently sat down to begin discussions about drawing a "line in the sand" of where each city will annex. Not that this will do any good really because Santaquins previous annexation policy plan, which is filed with the county (every city has one) didn't stop them from annexing about 1400 acres beyond that plan, last year.

One major issue is that a large number of land owners south of the proposed line in the sand, have no interest in ever being in Santaquin and would rather be in Payson City. There is going to be a public meeting held on Wednesday March 30th for the property owners to express their opinions on annexation.
Very interesting. I knew there is a lot of drama with this. They should have gotten their crap together like Genola did and they wouldn't be getting carved up.

I hope most of Spring Lake does go to Payson. My however many greats grandfather founded Santaquin and then later on Spring Lake. He left Santaquin to help colonize somewhere down in Southern Utah and that endeavor failed, so he moved near his son in law in Mesa Arizona to help with the colonization process down there. Eventually he came back up to Santaquin, but found he had too many differences with the people there and so he founded Spring Lake.

So it seems right that Santaquin not absorb most of Spring lake, at least not any of the built up parts.

I used to love going to the trout farm in Spring Lake; I have so many good memories of that place and the wonderful people who owned and operated it.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2011, 5:50 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
Very interesting. I knew there is a lot of drama with this. They should have gotten their crap together like Genola did and they wouldn't be getting carved up.
Spring Lake attempted to incorporate 2 years ago, but the 6 sponsors that initiated the incorporation effort weren't exactly detailed when they collected signatures. They claim they told people they were collecting signatures for incorporation and those that signed that didn't want the incorporation claim they signed simply to see the results of a financial feasibility study. When the petition went to the county commissioners for approval, it was denied, based on the mis-leading information that the sponsors had distributed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West