HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 7:09 PM

Why does Google maps show Sarcee Trail as being closed between Richmond Road and Glenmore/Hwy 8? It's been like this for a few days now, and Google is giving really weird routing instructions. I am assuming it has to do with the roadway changes there, but whomever made those updates really pooched it.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
Why does Google maps show Sarcee Trail as being closed between Richmond Road and Glenmore/Hwy 8? It's been like this for a few days now, and Google is giving really weird routing instructions. I am assuming it has to do with the roadway changes there, but whomever made those updates really pooched it.
I think it's because the new realignment and intersection are now (or soon to be) active. Technically Google is correct in that the old bits of roadway are (or will be) closed, but they have yet to add the replacement road sections. I imagine most of their data is automated so they don't realize that they're giving bad routing instructions.

http://www.swcrrproject.com/wp-conte...tour_Jul25.pdf

Last edited by Porfiry; Aug 11, 2018 at 12:16 AM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 11:04 PM

^It wasn't open yesterday at least.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porfiry View Post
I imagine most of their data is automated so they don't realize that they're giving bad routing instructions.
...actually it looks like Google is pulling their data straight from Waze, where a user marked those sections as "permanently closed". They jumped the gun a bit since the switchover apparently hasn't been completed just yet.

https://www.waze.com/livemap?lat=51....808473&zoom=16

Last edited by Porfiry; Aug 11, 2018 at 2:53 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure