HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 8:41 PM

No... I can still complain from a distance.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
No... I can still complain from a distance.
oh yeah I'm not saying that you can't but I think the way they are pushing commercial, and attempting to push residential development. They are looking for ways to lessen the complaining.

Edit: I'm not sure if you had seen it but there where some plans that looked nice but not by professionals. They where listed as The City of Moncton, City of Dieppe, and City of Riverview. Both Dieppe, and Riverview being the size of Current Moncton borders, and Moncton designed bigger then Toronto, and had a lot of Info that would not be on Professional city planers would not add.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 10:35 PM

I was driving across the causeway tonight towards Riverview and noticed the new bridge is almost the exact same level as the overpass. I am willing to bet that they will be replacing the overpass with an at grade crossing. There is already a set of traffic lights for some traffic anyway and they have enough fill from the causeway to make the grade change easily.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I was driving across the causeway tonight towards Riverview and noticed the new bridge is almost the exact same level as the overpass. I am willing to bet that they will be replacing the overpass with an at grade crossing. There is already a set of traffic lights for some traffic anyway and they have enough fill from the causeway to make the grade change easily.
Looks like Google just updated their sat view of the area recently. The images are from 2018 and show a lot of the construction around the causeway now.

Streetview is older, and you can't 'drive' the old route any more. I wish Google could somehow let you go through the old routes even when it is rerouted. (You can no longer cross the old Jemseg bridge on Street view because the route is officially closed now.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 12:51 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Coincidence I think. I'm unaware of any plans to remove the overpass on Coverdale Road.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 1:21 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

Every announcement so far has shown the existing overpass and ramps staying put, albeit with some slight realignments.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 5:33 AM

I just find it odd that they are making the bridge so high up. I haven’t heard anything about them removing the overpass neither, but with the bridge being so high up they could.

So I we know this configuration isn’t what is being built because that’s not where the bridge is currently being built.

The only other official picture is this one and it’s rather vague in terms of the alignment (there is some concept pictures released but they were never official I don’t think)

Last edited by josh_cat_eyes; Aug 1, 2018 at 5:59 AM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 9:51 AM

Quote:
I just find it odd that they are making the bridge so high up. I haven’t heard anything about them removing the overpass neither, but with the bridge being so high up they could.

So I we know this configuration isn’t what is being built because that’s not where the bridge is currently being built.

The only other official picture is this one and it’s rather vague in terms of the alignment (there is some concept pictures released but they were never official I don’t think)

From what google has drawn up on the map, and all the concept drawings I think the new bridge is going to connect where the old bridge use to, and they seem to be planing some changes to the tracks, and transfer points as the current roundabout is another accident waiting to happen.So I think this might be one of the reasons for the bridge seemingly being so high up. It's to remove the danger zone they call a roundabout/traffic circle.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
From what google has drawn up on the map, and all the concept drawings I think the new bridge is going to connect where the old bridge use to, and they seem to be planing some changes to the tracks, and transfer points as the current roundabout is another accident waiting to happen.So I think this might be one of the reasons for the bridge seemingly being so high up. It's to remove the danger zone they call a roundabout/traffic circle.
I’m talking about the Riverview side. They very well could make the rest of the causeway that height and build an overpass over the train tracks, but that seems to be longer term.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 7:09 PM

Quote:
I’m talking about the Riverview side. They very well could make the rest of the causeway that height and build an overpass over the train tracks, but that seems to be longer term.
It makes no sense on the Riverview side because of the land high difference between east of Findlay , and West of Findlay . Unless they're planing to have The parking lots, and roadways west of Findlay dropped down.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 3:50 PM

I don't know if this had been shared before, But i'm pretty sure this was the final concept for the entire bridge/surrouding area. I'm not sure if every other part is a go, but this seems to be exactly what the bridge will be like based on the work so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk1pQRELpBM

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 4:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice find, and welcome to the forums!

Video Link

No, this video has not been posted before, and gives an excellent conceptual overview of what Renaissance Petitcodiac wants to have happen around the new partial bridge.

I have no doubt that the actual bridge itself will look exactly like what is presented in the video. All the other enhancements however constitute nothing more than a "wish list" of what these people would like to see done with the surrounding lands. AFAIK, there are no actual funds set aside to make any of this happen.

The concept is fantastic, but I doubt that we will see it come to fruition......

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 4:58 PM

That video was created a few years ago by former Riverkeeper Daniel LeBlanc and his colleagues. It is their vision (or it was their vision when they made it) but nothing more than that.
It's very interesting and tres cool indeed, but not to dampen anyone's dreams but it is just that, a dream, and nothing more. Daniel even said so at the time they released the video.
They made the video back when there was zero movement on the issue of removing the illegal damming of the Petitcodiac River. They hoped to inspire some action on the file and get people to think about what "could" be with a freer flowing river, and for that I commend them. In fact, I would go so far as to say that without visionaries like Daniel LeBlanc, we'd still be the home a river filled with human waste, capped by a stagnating, infilling mosquito factory.
Most people thought he was nuts, back in the day.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 2:12 PM

Are they actually planning to keep the causeway structure in place and infill around it like the video suggests? I'd have thought they'd want to remove that. Seems it'd be a safety liability and a maintenance issue.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 3:02 PM

Those are just concepts and nothing more. When I think about it there never anything released that showed “this is what we are actually going to build except that one very grainy picture of the bridge that I posted above.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 1:54 PM

Right, I understand that those are concepts - was just wondering if the inclusion of the causeway in the concept was due to any known plan to fill around it intact, or whether it was just rote speculation on the part of the concept artists.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 7:22 PM

The Ultramar on Coverdale rd has been re-branded as an Irving / Circle K. I know the Irving expansion was mentioned in another thread, but this is strange. You can practically see the other Irving from that store.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
The Ultramar on Coverdale rd has been re-branded as an Irving / Circle K. I know the Irving expansion was mentioned in another thread, but this is strange. You can practically see the other Irving from that store.
They have the same thing going on on Champlain in Dieppe. I think the plan where this has happen is to close down the old store.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 12:53 AM

Bella Casa apartments Riverview

Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 3:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that they are going to rename the Super Play Park at the Frank L Bowser School in honour of Rebecca Schofield. Seems appropriate.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces