HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 12:52 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 View Post
and yet i would much rather live in the west loop
^ I don't know, I've definitely seen the west loop get better and better over the years, but even today it's still too quiet and underdeveloped for me. Madison St is filling in nicely with some restaurants/shops but otherwise.....just lacking.

And this has nothing to do with highrises. I find Lakeview or Wicker Park much more interesting than the West Loop, for example.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 2:18 PM

Speaking of 905 N Orleans - it got its permit yesterday for foundation/caissons and superstructure up to the 4th floor...The permit also states it's 18 stories, but page 1 of this thread states 17 stories.

So within about a block around there, that makes 2 high rises and a 6 story building going to be U/C this year in an area that was an afterthought just a few years ago. A total of 563 units basically within 1 block. Then we must not forget 750 N Hudson which is barely south of there also U/C with 240 units - so a grand total in that area all of a sudden of 803 units. If a lot of those units get taken then talk about awesome stuff. Hope more retail/commercial business follows. Good news for Big & Little and some of those more unknown ethnic cabbie joints

But wait - there's more. Go barely East to around LaSalle and we have another 785 units U/C with another 442 for the Gino's East tower and 251 for Ed Debevic's old site. Oh yeah, and a little north of there is another 369 unit building next to the US Bank also under construction. Which means that essentially right now from about Clark on west to Orleans or Sedgwick we have currently almost 2000 units under construction. with another almost 700 that will probably start early 2016. So we will see at one point in that area, mainly west of LaSalle, with probably over 2500 units under construction in a decent small area U/C at one point.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!! Exciting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ I don't know, I've definitely seen the west loop get better and better over the years, but even today it's still too quiet and underdeveloped for me. Madison St is filling in nicely with some restaurants/shops but otherwise.....just lacking.

And this has nothing to do with highrises. I find Lakeview or Wicker Park much more interesting than the West Loop, for example.
Agree completely. I think though at this rate in 3-5 years, it will become somewhere I'd want to live. More and more people are going there - it's only a matter of time. I'm also doing a map right now (unreleased) of tenant space buildouts that don't even necessarily have business license yet for stuff like restaurants, spas, bars, offices (not counting random stuff in the Loop at the 25th floor), etc etc. It goes back to late September right now and West Loop has 8 of them, which is what River North has too. The Loop has 7, Streeterville has 3, and Gold Coast has 2.

Last edited by marothisu; Nov 26, 2015 at 2:40 PM.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 3:41 AM
dream fast

11/26

Cedar Hotel

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 3:42 AM
dream fast

11/26

4 E Elm

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 4:22 AM

What's going in place of the Cedar Hotel?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
What's going in place of the Cedar Hotel?
An 18 story Viceroy Hotel by Goettsch Partners. The Cedar Hotel facade is being disassembled and stored, and will be reconstructed as the podium for the new building.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 1:44 PM
The City

^ I'm pretty stoked about that project, actually. One of the better ones happening downtown.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 2:08 PM

Geek Out

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned.B View Post
An 18 story Viceroy Hotel by Goettsch Partners. The Cedar Hotel facade is being disassembled and stored, and will be reconstructed as the podium for the new building.

Are they going to move the facade closer to the sidewalk upon reconstruction?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 9:14 PM
dream fast

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 10:51 PM

Oak Park

Harlem / South

Westgate

This building has been demo'd for truck access, the facade and the one next door will be saved.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2015, 12:49 AM

Looking NNW from 321 N Clark - Nov 23

Old Posted Nov 28, 2015, 3:59 AM

845 N State

Sept

Nov

Old Posted Nov 28, 2015, 5:48 PM

Ginos / Blanc - Nov 24

Old Posted Nov 28, 2015, 6:02 PM

720 N LaSalle - HoJo tower

Nov 23

Nov 24

Old Posted Nov 28, 2015, 10:32 PM

Grand / Milwaukee

Oct 17

Oct 27

Nov5

Old Posted Nov 28, 2015, 10:44 PM

1001 S State

Nov 16

Old Posted Nov 29, 2015, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Speaking of 905 N Orleans - it got its permit yesterday for foundation/caissons and superstructure up to the 4th floor...The permit also states it's 18 stories, but page 1 of this thread states 17 stories.

So within about a block around there, that makes 2 high rises and a 6 story building going to be U/C this year in an area that was an afterthought just a few years ago. A total of 563 units basically within 1 block. Then we must not forget 750 N Hudson which is barely south of there also U/C with 240 units - so a grand total in that area all of a sudden of 803 units. If a lot of those units get taken then talk about awesome stuff. Hope more retail/commercial business follows. Good news for Big & Little and some of those more unknown ethnic cabbie joints

But wait - there's more. Go barely East to around LaSalle and we have another 785 units U/C with another 442 for the Gino's East tower and 251 for Ed Debevic's old site. Oh yeah, and a little north of there is another 369 unit building next to the US Bank also under construction. Which means that essentially right now from about Clark on west to Orleans or Sedgwick we have currently almost 2000 units under construction. with another almost 700 that will probably start early 2016. So we will see at one point in that area, mainly west of LaSalle, with probably over 2500 units under construction in a decent small area U/C at one point.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!! Exciting stuff.

Agree completely. I think though at this rate in 3-5 years, it will become somewhere I'd want to live. More and more people are going there - it's only a matter of time. I'm also doing a map right now (unreleased) of tenant space buildouts that don't even necessarily have business license yet for stuff like restaurants, spas, bars, offices (not counting random stuff in the Loop at the 25th floor), etc etc. It goes back to late September right now and West Loop has 8 of them, which is what River North has too. The Loop has 7, Streeterville has 3, and Gold Coast has 2.
you're also forgetting the atrium village redevelopment and there is some senior housing stuff going in on oak street... also there is a hostel being built in the old borden's dairy building right now which is kinda cool

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 4:29 AM

35 N. State

With Gap's lease at 35 N. State set to expire in a little over a year (early 2017), should we expect to see plans for development from Georgetown Co. in the next couple months?

I know a previous article stated they're planning street-level retail with some combo of residential/hotel above. They also opened an office here relatively recently...

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 4:41 AM
MPLSXCHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
With Gap's lease at 35 N. State set to expire in a little over a year (early 2017), should we expect to see plans for development from Georgetown Co. in the next couple months?

I know a previous article stated they're planning street-level retail with some combo of residential/hotel above. They also opened an office here relatively recently...
Yeah it's very possible. I have a good feeling about this tower, with big time New York developers I have a good feeling we'll see an architectural significant building.

I'm also wondering if we'll see anything soon with 443 n Wabash lot, it was sold a year ago and still nothing. Last time we heard of it it would be part of the Realtor building that was going to be torn down and built to 93 stories. Too bad they got cold feet.... Whatever it is I hope Macerich wont be using it for a food trucks lot for much longer.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations