HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
Foster's 2WTC would look a lot better in the complex if the slant faced the other direction.

Gotta preserve that vertical infinity from the freedom tower.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 4:31 PM

Quote:
I don't even think it will be high enough to be called a "stump". They've got the foundations built, the necessary connections for the entire complex. The tower will rise unimpeded when it lands a tenant and achieves financing. And yet its still a year or two ahead of most other New York supertall proposals.
We had a building in Toronto started in 1989. They built the parking garage and four floors of elevator core when construction stopped due to the recession. It sat like that until 5 years ago when they tore down the stump and finally completed a 50 story tower.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 6:31 PM
JoeCooper

I am in the minority here, but I overall don't like the design of the top of this building. I hav tried hard to, but when looking at it from a distance it looks like an unfinished construction project. Especially from the Empire State building, there is no balance or good sequence from that view nor the Brooklyn Bridge as well. I am really disappointed with the numbers as well. Just think 420 Park Avenue will be taller even by floor height.

Whatever happened to the homage thing too, I thought they were going to have the whole 1,362 foot high roof one of the buildings did they not? I just rather this and tower 3 wait out until they find tenants for both towers and build to more respectable heights, yes even if only 100 feet higher as proposed. I am also upset how the bastardized tower 3's height as well. Won't even technically be as tall as the Bank of America Tower now. Yeah, I know I'm a Debby Downer, but I just had to rant. I mean no quarrel, just voicing some of what I've been thinking about for quite some time following the treads. I guess the straw that broke the camels back was seeing the height changes on the T2 and T3 threads...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
I agree 100%
For those of you how aren't NewYorkers, I can understand the reasoning behind not appreciating the design of wtc2, but if you go back to the original design of Libeskind's Master plan, all of the buildings were tappered in some form or another. I welcomed the idea that on September 11 the buildings would channnel the light down to Ground Zero.

I championed the thought of giving honor to those how lost there lives on that Tuesday morning. And let me add, I was to young to remember where I was and what I was doing when JFK was shot, but I will never forget the "where and the what" of that morning; therefore, for me, I'm cool with the top. Unfortunately, the others (mainly wtc3 & wtc4) have lost the concept, but when I observe the design of wtc2, it brings everthing back into focus.

All the building are beautiful, and scientific marvels in there own rite. I am proud to be an American, and most of all, I am proud to be a NewYorker.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 7:47 PM

Hope 2 wtc finds tenants soon.

Old Posted May 6, 2012, 9:17 PM

Architecture is subjective, that's what makes it so interesting. I like 1wtc as it will look when finished, but not a fan of 2wtc at all. Just don't like how it slants at the top. But maybe it will grow on me if it is built, who knows. That being said, whether 2wtc gets built will depend on the success of 1wtc, which I am sure will be enormous, in attracting tourists, visitors, and sight-seers to the sight. So I am confident it will get built, it just might be a few years down the road.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 11:33 AM

WTC Progress on Twitter

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 7:02 PM

Old Posted May 15, 2012, 11:59 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Just messing around with the new PC...don't expect a barrage of new renders. This was mainly to stress test the new 4.2GHz CPU.

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 4:51 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
Just messing around with the new PC...don't expect a barrage of new renders. This was mainly to stress test the new 4.2GHz CPU.
I'm getting a broken link
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 2:52 AM

^^ Same. STR, can you repost the link?

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 5:34 AM
Because I'm Clever!

I had to find a free image host that didn't shrink things down. I also need to copy the rest of my files over from my old laptop, since the medallions are just black squares without the png's

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 1:53 PM

Amazing as usual STR. Hope to see some more renders in the future from you, thanks for sharing.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
I had to find a free image host that didn't shrink things down.
If your webpage is still up, use the hosting service.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 4:24 PM

STR's picture will finally prove to people that 2 WTC isn't small.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 5:38 PM
don't *meddle*...

Imho the most beautiful tower of the whole complex, without a doubt. It's right behind Torre Verre on my list of most favourite buildings under construction or proposed in New York.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 9:09 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
STR's picture will finally prove to people that 2 WTC isn't small.
It's not small, but it would have been better taller I think, I like the building very much though.

It's also about 20' too short in that rendering because it's roof is exactly tied with ESB, not that it isn't an amazing drawing.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 5:17 PM
New Yorker for life

Joel Woolhead at www.wtc.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 25, 2012, 6:28 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
It's also about 20' too short in that rendering because it's roof is exactly tied with ESB, not that it isn't an amazing drawing.
Comments like this are one of the reasons why I don't post much anymore. While I can skimp on details ( I hate doing tiny rooftop details no one will ever see) the implication that I'd get something as wrong as the height is insulting. If you don't understand perspective, you are not in a position to make a critique on massing.

Old Posted May 25, 2012, 6:37 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Many of us here appreciate your work with no critiques. I, for one, hope you keep posting.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction