HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 12:42 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
Being "certified" bilingual is probably more relevant in NB, because of the "legalness" of the province's bilingualism. Since NS isn't "officially" bilingual, it is less important for individuals to be "officially" bilingual - simply being able to speak both French and English fluently is the most that an employer seeking bilingual staff is likely to want or expect (gov't jobs might be a different story). For some reason I am assuming that you went to high school in NB... is that right? Or was it Truro?
This bilingual certification thingy is something I am not accustomed to hearing, but it sounds like a new trend. Almost ISO-ish.

No one had bilingual certification back in my day.

I believe some francophone schools in Ottawa have been using this as part of their marketing to draw students in. (There is a lot of competition between school boards for students in Ottawa: public, Catholic, French, English, etc.)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General