HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:12 PM

Didn't take long for Dieppe to get their own beer Garden after Euston Park opened in Moncton

Le BarBu will open a beer garden at place 1604 July 1st. They will only carry beer from local Greater Moncton breweries.

We're starting to get spoiled with options in the Moncton, and compared to 5 years ago there seems to be stronger entrepreneurs in the city with better business plans & marketing.

All 3 communities now have their own beer garden

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 12:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

CBC article about the new UNIplex in Dieppe

Dieppe's $31M UNIplex takes shape as steel frame rises
Two-rink arena, community centre expected to open in fall 2020
Shane Magee · CBC News · Posted: Jun 06, 2019 6:30 AM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...tion-1.5154261

Render of the building showing it's relationship to surrounding playing fields.

a couple of construction photos

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 1:19 AM

They were pouring the concrete for the new building appartement on dieppe boulvard this morning

Old Posted Jun 15, 2019, 9:58 PM
Throbbing Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post

To confirm the orientation of the building... is this Acadie in the front? I hope that the parking is in the back, but there's large "230 Acadie" signage on the parking-lot render...

What direction is the prominent corner facing?
Can I say this looks like a garbled mess?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 4:49 PM

Looks like they are getting ready to put up another tower crane, this one for an apartment building off Dieppe blvd on Lakeburn ave.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 4:28 PM

I don't think Promenade Neuf will look like a garbled mess.

The experience of walking or driving by up close will be quite different from looking at a render.

I know there are some misgivings on here about some of Spitfire's designs, but in a very recent past, we were complaining about all the cheap four-storey, wooden-frame, vinyl-siding appartment buildings with no architectural features to speak of that were built far off the sidewalk. It seemed like we'd never move past them.

Spitfire's designs (and in this case, Dieppe's by-law too) have pretty much single-handedly changed this. I think all the buildings in this style have looked good so far and have all been a bit different from each other, but even if someone felt otherwise, the buildings themselves have been spread out enough through Greater Moncton that the style will probably change again before we achieve too much density of them.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
Looks like they are getting ready to put up another tower crane, this one for an apartment building off Dieppe blvd on Lakeburn ave.
I went by the site last night, it isn't a tower crane, but a portable crane that is being set up on the site.
I believe this will be another Killam properties apartment building. They already have two located here and the foot print of the building looks identical to the two existing buildings.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 3:49 PM

Quote:
I went by the site last night, it isn't a tower crane, but a portable crane that is being set up on the site.
I believe this will be another Killam properties apartment building. They already have two located here and the foot print of the building looks identical to the two existing buildings.

The new appartement building on dieppe blvd is being build by perfection realty/contracting

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 8:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

Your Image didn't display properly. I got it to work:

I took the liberty of sending you a personal message showing you how to get the correct image URL in order to post the photo in a message board such as this one. If you have any problems or concerns, let me know.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 21, 2019 at 10:16 PM.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2019, 7:48 PM

I am also under the impression that the building going up at Dieppe/Lakeburn is a Killam building.

I checked Killam's website -

It's not listed on their New Developments page, but I get the impression that page is only for major projects.

Of the three neighbouring Killam buildings, Promenade Kedgwick 1 and 2 have no availability and Chateau Canaan has an apartment coming up in September.

At the right pricepoint, there are few other neighborhoods as good for empty-nesters looking to unload their house and move into an apartment. Golf, walking trails, gas, groceries, TCH, and city are crazy close, but there is limited/no congestion.

PS Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that Lakeburn Ave isn't really in Lakeburn?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2019, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBourque View Post
I am also under the impression that the building going up at Dieppe/Lakeburn is a Killam building.

I checked Killam's website -

It's not listed on their New Developments page, but I get the impression that page is only for major projects.

Of the three neighbouring Killam buildings, Promenade Kedgwick 1 and 2 have no availability and Chateau Canaan has an apartment coming up in September.

At the right pricepoint, there are few other neighborhoods as good for empty-nesters looking to unload their house and move into an apartment. Golf, walking trails, gas, groceries, TCH, and city are crazy close, but there is limited/no congestion.

PS Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that Lakeburn Ave isn't really in Lakeburn?
That building on lakeburn street is being built by perfection realty/contracting the same owner as the ultramar and the second cup

Old Posted Jun 23, 2019, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdesign View Post
That building on lakeburn street is being built by perfection realty/contracting the same owner as the ultramar and the second cup
Ah, sorry. The first time I read that, I understood you to be naming the contractor.

Are you able to clarify what type of property this will be? There is no mention of it on Perfection's website.

Based on the company, footprint, and zoning, I'd assume this is either condos or commercial, then (and not apartments).

Old Posted Jun 23, 2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBourque View Post
Ah, sorry. The first time I read that, I understood you to be naming the contractor.

Are you able to clarify what type of property this will be? There is no mention of it on Perfection's website.

Based on the company, footprint, and zoning, I'd assume this is either condos or commercial, then (and not apartments).
Somebody told me it will be similar to the last appartement building that they built on cannon drive. Im not 100% sure though! Im pretty sure they will put a picture of it on the side of the ultramar with some pricing just like the last one that they built

Last edited by hbdesign; Jun 23, 2019 at 10:17 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 7:48 AM

hello everyone i'm new here not quite sure how to post my picture but there are building something on lionel/oxiard street there a tower crane it's next to an already existing three storey building.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 2:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadieman View Post
hello everyone i'm new here not quite sure how to post my picture but there are building something on lionel/oxiard street there a tower crane it's next to an already existing three storey building.
Welcome to the forums.

If you intend to post pictures, you're first going to have to establish an account with an online photo hosting service. Many people use services like Flickr or TinyPic. These services provide each uploaded photo with a unique URL that you can use to refer to in your post. You just have to remember to enclose this URL between [img] and [/img] so that it will display properly.

I would give you more specific instructions, but each photo hosting service works in a different way.

Google Photo will give you a URL for your photo too so that you can post it here.

You'll just have to play around with it a bit to see how it works. Don't worry, your computer won't blow up.

When I was learning, I found it useful to look at the code used to post a photo from a pre-existing post. To do this, just click on "quote" on a pre-existing post containing a photo, and study the structure of the text used to create the message. You will see the code used to post the photo, and can use this to reverse engineer how you would have to do it for yourself. This is how I learned.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 25, 2019 at 3:25 PM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 12:41 PM

TD centre had their grand opening yesterday. The T&T article mentions that there are more than 500 people now working at TD centre

https://tj.news/story/100985426?ref=ee

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 4:50 PM

This summer, the city of Dieppe has blocked the section of Gauvin Rd. in front of Place 1604, allowing families to enjoy the weather with games, while the adults can grab a drink at container bar Le Barbu.

Downtown Dieppe Gets Its Own Summer Beer Garden On Gauvin Road

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 1:31 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Photo of the tower crane for Promenade Neuf as seen from Rue du Marche.

Promenade Neuf sits squarely at the end of the north/south portion of du Marche, and will give this portion of downtown Dieppe disproportionately added density, similar in the way that Horizon Place really deepens the Moncton skyline as you drive eastbound on Main Street.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 2:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of the UNIplex (screen capture from the live web cam operated by the City of Dieppe).

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 12:48 PM

Work has been busy in recent days/weeks demolishing houses in the area of Sunset, Acadie and St Therese. They have demolished at least 4 houses and they are gutting another house now. There are only 3 left standing on the whole block. For reference this is the entire rest of the block in behind Place Horizon. It's a large area. Gotta think something is happening here.

FYI the yellow X is the one they are gutting now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces