HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 6:53 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Scottsdale refuses to do anything involving other valley cities including the light rail.

Back in 06' the Mayor of Scottsdale said something like "We arent interested in being that Connected to other Valley cities"
I think their thinking will change as Scottsdale and Tempe densifies along Scottsdale Rd. Traffic is bad enough and they have several more multi-family residential projects in the pipeline. Traffic will eventually become too congested and they are going to have to look for other options.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 7:17 PM
Skyriser

I don't know how you can look at at least South Scottsdale and not want to throw a train down. I understand how it could alter the character of Scottsdale Rd through Old Town, but they could at least run it on the couplet. Then throw it over to the 101 so it hits SCC and the airpark.... clearly getting ahead of the curve here.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Well, maybe other than flying cars - but even then you have the airport there.
Maybe we can bring hitch hiking back and thumb a ride from Amazon's delivery drones.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 7:57 PM

Toured the new local development. Here is a view from their 9th floor looking out to Mirabella. Still has 8 floors left to go!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Does anyone know what all the boxed up date palms are for on the corner of Terrace/Apache? Seems to be a holding area but there are not developments near by close enough along to start landscaping Improvements?
Pretty sure they're being planted in the new medians on University Dr. between College and Rural.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Toured the new local development. Here is a view from their 9th floor looking out to Mirabella. Still has 8 floors left to go!

Looks awesome. It's going to really pop from that angle (although *hopefully* it will be partially obscured by the Omni).

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Pretty sure they're being planted in the new medians on University Dr. between College and Rural.
That definitely seems to be the most likely option. Didn't think of that, thanks!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 1:48 PM

The City's Development Map Tracker has the "Hilo" project (the parcel next to the Westin along Mill Ave) as going thru entitlements and there is a small rendering....it looks nice to me!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 1:50 PM

Also they show the permit issued for Skyview and that it's under construction...not sure if this was a mistake?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
The City's Development Map Tracker has the "Hilo" project (the parcel next to the Westin along Mill Ave) as going thru entitlements and there is a small rendering....it looks nice to me!
Good shout. For the lazy:

I really like the step up from Mill.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 9:57 PM

That is really nice. That area is getting so dense, I hope the rest of Mill Ave follows suit!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Also they show the permit issued for Skyview and that it's under construction...not sure if this was a mistake?
I just noticed this too! I hope its not a mistake... but I can confirm this weekend if any activity is taking place on site. I thought this project was dead but Golub could have been accelerating plans through the city tthis whole time for the past couple years.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 10:02 PM

Also, there are a few more office developments popping up on the tracker. 979 Playa says a 6 story office building and Ten 01 Playa showed up on the vacant lot site adjacent to the Lofts hotel and Ten01 apartments. Hope to see some plans for these soon!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Also, there are a few more office developments popping up on the tracker. 979 Playa says a 6 story office building and Ten 01 Playa showed up on the vacant lot site adjacent to the Lofts hotel and Ten01 apartments. Hope to see some plans for these soon!
Not sure if this is the current rendering, but the height seems to match.

https://www.irgens.com/wp-content/up...bifold_ALL.pdf

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 6:23 AM

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 5:20 PM

Strange article--apples to oranges comparisons between deals in the aughts to deals today; primarily sourced by a former city manager that was not involved with the deal when negotiated and is not involved today; vague insinuations of impropriety for Charles Huellmantel like "he has his fingers on everything" with no specifics; no attempt to independently value the public amenities in the deal, but rather just hand-waving them away to be able to argue that the land was sold for "$50,000.00;" over-promising with claims like that there were bids north of $14m, while only later in the article revealing that the bidder was clearly unqualified, and failing to articulate whether those bids would also have sought tax breaks; pimping a "secret audit," a draft of which was apparently provided to the Republic, but then not including any portions of the audit in the article, apparently because the City wouldn't confirm the authenticity of the document, and/or because the audit concluded that there was no evidence of impropriety, etc.

I'm all for scrutinizing deals like this, but this article reads like a justification of a foregone conclusion.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 9:02 PM

Updates

777 Tower:

Side Profile of Watermark:

I love the different colors in the glass.

Hyatt House: (Not Pictured) up on the 4th floor and looks to be pouring the columns for floor 5. This thing is moving quick!

Skyview: Drove by today and no new activity on the site. Makes me doubt the development tracker to be true about issuing a building permit (unless construction is a bit delayed)

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Skyview: Drove by today and no new activity on the site. Makes me doubt the development tracker to be true about issuing a building permit (unless construction is a bit delayed)
Let's hope it doesn't move as slowly as The Pier if it is indeed moving forward at all.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
Let's hope it doesn't move as slowly as The Pier if it is indeed moving forward at all.
The Pier finally has columns peaking out above the ground - only took 2 years!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
The Pier finally has columns peaking out above the ground - only took 2 years!
I saw that too. By the end of the year, we’ll finally be on the second floor.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest