HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
One scenario could see a new bank building no longer needed. I haven't seen anything about the impact of the RBC / HSBC merger in Vancouver, but they start closing branches and rebranding others at the end of the month. As existing leases run out, we're likely to see consolidation of office space, and probably some bank branches as well.
I wonder if they would still have any remaining beneficial terms from their original lease..

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 2:30 AM

524 Granville is for sale it had that proposed 24 storey office tower on top of the heritage building. Bonnis seems to be dumping all their smaller sites..

https://e2.spacelist.ca/listings/bc/...anville_street

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
524 Granville is for sale it had that proposed 24 storey office tower on top of the heritage building. Bonnis seems to be dumping all their smaller sites..

Maybe the developer speculation in the Rumour thread shouldn’t have been about Westbank after all….

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 2:53 AM

Quote:
... Bonnis seems to be dumping all their smaller sites..
That sounds promising for 800 Granville, putting all their eggs (Happy Easter) in one basket, for a better (more enticeful) business and financial plan for investors and development decision makers.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 8:25 PM

Coal Harbour Waterfront Elementary School and Social Housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2source View Post
Just to add to the last post, Coal Harbour Phase 2, lots of pre-cast panels attached and the first bit of glazing installed.
Photo by Me :
[IMG]...jpg[/IMG]
Coal Harbour Community Centre

This morning

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 8:40 PM

Coal Harbour Elementary School

Old Posted Mar 29, 2024, 9:31 AM

414-420 W Pender St
Quote:
To rezone from DD to CD-1 under the Downtown Eastside Plan to allow for development of a 12-storey residential rental building with 87 secured market rental units. A FSR of 9.58 and a building height of 35.8 m (117.5 ft) are proposed.
https://plposweb.vancouver.ca/Public...ctId=223146876

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 4:32 AM

Gastown:

Also noticed they partially removed the ugly power lines in this area of Blood Alley:

Before:

After:

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 3:39 PM

Looks great.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 2:57 AM

Seems as tall as Vancouver House. I assume this was a revision of their previous concept for Coromandel. Facade sort of has some similarities with the 2019 version.

https://www.urbanyvr.com/anchor-poin...strata-windup/

Quote:
A NEW URBAN FOREST PARK AT THE BURRARD BRIDGEHEAD,
COMPLETING DOWNTOWN SOUTH'S GREEN NETWORK
LOCATION: 1380 BURRARD ST. VANCOUVER TYPE: HOTEL, COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL SIZE: 400,000 SF

This podium, point tower and urban park mark the northern gateway of the Burrard Street Bridge.

LONGHOUSE FORM: : Inspired by the plank-like formations of the longhouses that once populated Vancouver’s downtown peninsula, this gateway project celebrates Vancouver’s story through locally inspired geometries and materials..

A NEW URBAN FOREST PARK: With its proximity to the Burrard Street Bridgehead, the site presents the opportunity for an ‘urban forest heart,’ linking downtown Vancouver’s existing tree canopy along Burrard St to the waterfront, completing the Downtown South’s Green Network.

A large open green public plaza is proposed at the base of the development to serve as a new Urban Forest Park at the Burrard bridgehead. The landscape strategy uses innovative, on-slab planting strategies that could guide future projects of a similar scale and treatment, helping to fulfill Vancouver and Metro Vancouver Urban Forest targets.

COAST SALISH ART: The proposal offers a highly visible opportunity at Burrard Bridge’s northern landing to showcase Vancouver’s aboriginal origins through local Coast Salish art.
https://www.arnomatisarchitecture.co...380burrard.php

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 3:02 AM

Are they actually going to be fixing the masonry work in Gastown!!??

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 3:07 AM

It seems weird that there's not that much drainage in that area except over by where the statue used to be.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Editor’s note: the rendering previously included in this story is outdated and has been removed at the request of the architect.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Seems as tall as Vancouver House. I assume this was a revision of their previous concept for Coromandel. Facade sort of has some similarities with the 2019 version.

https://www.urbanyvr.com/anchor-poin...strata-windup/
jollyburger, your post is bringing me down.
When that article was publish it was an exciting time to be part of that 37%, but sadly never when any further, I signed on every year (4 years) until Michelle Yu gave up on us.
My thinking of the other owners (63%) angle of the offer was "We must make all the money and no profit or a loss for the developer and investors"
I'm thinking the development of the property on Pacific would diminish the value of Anchor Point 1 - 2 - 3 due to new height restriction or shadow concerns.
I know One Burrard would not be happy with 3 or more towers blocking their view.

Back on Sep 20, 2019, I thought it was a fair offer. Any future offers, I'm all in.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madog222 View Post
They posted it on their website so I don't think the care about this version of the rendering being published. The rendering they requested to be removed wasn't this one.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfancouver View Post
When that article was publish it was an exciting time to be part of that 37%, but sadly never when any further, I signed on every year (4 years) until Michelle Yu gave up on us.
Yeah it's hard to see anything happening unless there was a major mechanical/repair issue in the buildings that would force people to dump their units. It's a lot of units to buy out especially if people are expecting to win the lottery by selling. 477 units.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 6:09 AM

Quote:
They posted it on their website so I don't think the care about this version of the rendering being published. The rendering they requested to be removed wasn't this one.
Ah, I got you now.

I wonder if this is the project LeftCoaster was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Hey guys remember the Bing Thom Crystal from way back when?

Well it's back.... sorta, and in a different location.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfancouver View Post
My thinking of the other owners (63%) angle of the offer was "We must make all the money and no profit or a loss for the developer and investors"
I'm thinking the development of the property on Pacific would diminish the value of Anchor Point 1 - 2 - 3 due to new height restriction or shadow concerns.
I know One Burrard would not be happy with 3 or more towers blocking their view.

Back on Sep 20, 2019, I thought it was a fair offer. Any future offers, I'm all in.
It would be a shame to lose Anchor Point. One of the few sources of affordable market condos downtown. Its also fascinating to me to walk around it and see how architects and developers in the late Seventies were trying to replicate European urbanism with a central courtyard, retail windows in the "lanes" leading into the courtyard etc. Not sure how the courtyard for the strata has worked out. The one between that and the office building is a bit of a disaster unfortunately.

I also dislike how large buildings of this size are being viewed as disposable after less than 50 years.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
Looks great.
The City is also fixing the severely-damaged and shameful walkway in front of Canada Place at the Waterfront Station west entrance.

Thank you again, ABC.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
It would be a shame to lose Anchor Point. One of the few sources of affordable market condos downtown. Its also fascinating to me to walk around it and see how architects and developers in the late Seventies were trying to replicate European urbanism with a central courtyard, retail windows in the "lanes" leading into the courtyard etc. Not sure how the courtyard for the strata has worked out. The one between that and the office building is a bit of a disaster unfortunately.

I also dislike how large buildings of this size are being viewed as disposable after less than 50 years.
That courtyard has been in a sad state of disrepair for years and years. When I moved to the West End in 2014 there were already condo listings marketed by hopeful realtors promising potential buyers that a sale to a developer was just around the corner. Who knows how long it was going on before that. I'm sure there's been zero interest by strata council/owners to invest in anything but the bare minimum for a building that will eventually be torn down.

Agreed about losing affordable condos in the downtown core. Also a surprisingly lively set of businesses on Burrard. Number e is one of the best semi-hidden gem food joints around downtown and I have a strong suspicion that the (simultaneously friendly and curmudgeonly) owner will simply throw in the towel when it's time to go, not set up shop somewhere else.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver