HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 6:10 PM
Brooklyn Baby!

Good article by NBC Rock Center.

World Trade Center nears 'top out,' workers reflect on building nation's tallest tower

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-tallest-tower

Last edited by pnapp1; Apr 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
Amazing.

What's so special about New York is that the average high-rise is so much nicer than those in Shanghai, São Paulo, or even Hong Kong.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 6:59 PM

The reflections off the facades are really nice on a cloudy day! Very moody, in a good way. Also the black marble in the lobby of Tower 4 is elegant and reflects 1 Liberty Plaza behind it.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTCman7301 View Post
Yeah. These elevators are the fastest in North America, it said in the Discovery Documentary "Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero".
I thought i heard somewhere that they were the fastest in the world? I could have just heard the same thing and decided not to listen to the north america part. Can anyone verify?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 7:37 PM

Base Cladding

I hate to keep bring this up, but did anybody notice on the lower right hand corner, they are putting something grey on that steel and concrete?

Look at the pics.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post
I hate to keep bring this up, but did anybody notice on the lower right hand corner, they are putting something grey on that steel and concrete?

Look at the pics.
That isn't cladding. That seems to be concrete to protect the steel.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 9:17 PM

More info about the *cough*ugly*cough* logo

1 World Trade Center now has a logo

Quote:

The logo, designed by Wordsearch, uses a customized version of Hoefler & Frere-Jones’s Gotham font. The logo's "ONE," when used on postcards and stationery, will be set in Pantone 301 flat blue, which the marketers are calling "One World Trade Center Blue."

“Unsurpassed in quality and prestige, there can be only one One World Trade Center,” said Jody Durst, president of the Durst Organization. “The brand’s emphasis on the number ‘One’ effectively conveys that message.”

The logo leverages both conceptual and practical connotations of the word “One.” On one level, the brand declares that 1 World Trade Center is “first among many” as a part of the world-renowned New York City skyline. The “One” in the logo emphasizes its status as the Western Hemisphere’s tallest building. The logo and tagline also reinforce messages of achievement and aspiration associated with the building.
On a practical basis, the dominance of the word “One” conveys a strong message about the building’s singular features: its functionality, its sustainability, its location, its floorplates, its specifications, and its central role in the Lower Manhattan renaissance.” The brand was designed by Wordsearch.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
DENNAB

The spire looks pretty normal in the logo, maybe it will in real life

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
The spire looks pretty normal in the logo, maybe it will in real life
I don't get it. Why not make a logo that includes the entire World Trade Center. It won't make sense to have a logo for each specific building.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post

I don't have a problem with the logo; I kinda like it actually. Bold yet somewhat understated. As for each building having its own logo, why not??

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 11:35 PM
BANNED

I actually am a fan of the logo! I like how they have it appearing as if the spire/mast/antenna gives it the similarity of it equaling the number, "1"!

Last edited by SoaringSkylines; Apr 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 12:13 AM

I also heard that stairways will be coated with glow in the dark paint so that people will be able to see where they're going in the event of an electrical failure. Can anyone confirm this? That sounds pretty cool...

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchTheSky13 View Post
I also heard that stairways will be coated with glow in the dark paint so that people will be able to see where they're going in the event of an electrical failure. Can anyone confirm this? That sounds pretty cool...
So does WTC 7. And the old WTC after 1993. Nothing new.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:07 AM
BANNED

I like that logo alot honestly. NewYorkSkyline117, if you read this, please post some more distant shots soon!! that vantage point is breathtaking

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchTheSky13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
So does WTC 7. And the old WTC after 1993. Nothing new.
so does my 1923 office building

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:32 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
I don't get it. Why not make a logo that includes the entire World Trade Center. It won't make sense to have a logo for each specific building.
The logo was designed specifically for the marketing of this tower, not the entire complex. Silverstein would have to create his own if he wanted a specific WTC logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnapp1 View Post
Good article by NBC Rock Center.

World Trade Center nears 'top out,' workers reflect on building nation's tallest tower

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-tallest-tower

Quote:
The building now soars more than 1,244 feet. The tower is a couple of weeks away from surpassing the height of the roof of the Empire State building. “We’re right there,” said iron worker Kevin Murphy. “In the next couple of weeks, we’re there. That’s going to be another big, you know, special day. Pretty much from here on up, everything’s special, you know?”

“Just to be part of something that’s going to be the tallest building in the nation and a monument to all the people that lost their lives down here. As an iron worker, you couldn’t ask for a better place to work,” Murphy said.

In a matter of months, the tower is expected to “top out.” That’s what it means when the last steel beam gets put in place. After the spire is added, One World Trade Center will be the tallest building in the United States at a symbolic 1,776 feet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Nearly there: Freedom Tower just one floor away from becoming New York's tallest building

By Mail Foreign Service
11 April 2012

Quote:
The skyscraper being built to replace New York’s Twin Towers is about to officially become the city’s tallest building. The new Freedom Tower reached 100 floors on April 2 and once the 101st floor is completed it will stand at 1254 feet, four feet taller than the Empire State Building. This picture of the famous New York skyline shows how the Freedom Tower is about to take its historic place as the city’s new giant. The Empire State Building then became New York’s tallest skyscraper, but now the Freedom Tower is set to regain the title for the World Trade Centre site.

bozer★

Destinfabuleux1975

Christoslilu

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Apr 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 2:07 AM

I don't like the logo. It looks like it was made in the 90s and it doesn't look sleek and modern like the actualy 1wtc. It looks like some kid made it on word on their computer, then someone put the top of the wtc in the O of ONE. They could've been a little more creative.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
They can always keep the bottom bold "World Trade Center" and the blue color and just change the number to Two or Three or Four with the buildings' outline in the first letter.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Wow, this is a pretty neat interior shot! Now you have a good idea of what it'll be like to stand at one of the windows and look out.

This is making me more excited for the observatory floors. The views will be ridiculously awesome!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 3:08 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Based on how long it took for them to set up the previous floors, 1 WTC won't top out in May. June is a better guess. Then they will have the rest of the year to set up the spire so 2012 will end with the WTC being the tallest building in the U.S. by pinnacle height.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive