HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 2:50 AM

Any news on the streetcar ?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
There are 3 cool buildings, not sure what one you're asking about
The building in the center of the last pic.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 7:39 PM

250 new apartments and 8200 sf of retail for Midtown. Rendering from newsok.com.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 9:24 PM

Beat me to it Shane!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 11:10 PM

^^ I think 1212 may be under construction, quietly. The whole back side of the building is torn off and there is construction going on in there most days.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 7:11 PM

New photos from LevelOKC.com of their 4-story, 230-unit apartment building. Groundwork is ready to begin across the street from this project on the Aloft Hotel.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 6:52 PM

There has been soft discussion over at OKCTALK.COM that Sandridge Energy will be building a new office tower in addition to their campus development, supposed to be 20-30 stories, no announcement yet, but seems pretty solid, anybody have more details?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
There has been soft discussion over at OKCTALK.COM that Sandridge Energy will be building a new office tower in addition to their campus development, supposed to be 20-30 stories, no announcement yet, but seems pretty solid, anybody have more details?
It seems the worst-kept secret it OKC at this point. I don't have any details but 30 stories would make it taller than the main tower.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 8:42 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Would this be in downtown, near the U/C building?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 8:49 PM

^^^It will be built directly east of the current Sandridge tower, where a parking garage is now, but is scheduled to be demolished.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 8:54 PM

Remember that Devon was originally thought to be a 37-story tower.

Just sayin' ...

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Where are you getting 30 stories from ? I just perused the thread on OKCTalk and all I saw was 20.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Where are you getting 30 stories from ? I just perused the thread on OKCTalk and all I saw was 20.
Well someone had mentioned before 20 stories, that they had a reliable source that told them between 300-400 ft, so that's why I said between 20-30 stories, I guess we won't know until the firm announcement. I highly doubt it will be 30 stories, as it will be about the same size as their current tower. In reality, I see it being 20-25 stories, nonetheless, it will be a good infill project, better than a 30 year old parking garage, and a new building for young/urban residents in the Deep Deuce area to view...

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Well someone had mentioned before 20 stories, that they had a reliable source that told them between 300-400 ft, so that's why I said between 20-30 stories, I guess we won't know until the firm announcement. I highly doubt it will be 30 stories, as it will be about the same size as their current tower. In reality, I see it being 20-25 stories, nonetheless, it will be a good infill project, better than a 30 year old parking garage, and a new building for young/urban residents in the Deep Deuce area to view...
Maybe that came from the source saying that it will be "Three-fourths as tall as Cotter's Ranch" ? That would be around 375. If so, I think it's interesting that they'd build a tower almost as tall as the main one, rather than either taller or significantly shorter.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe that came from the source saying that it will be "Three-fourths as tall as Cotter's Ranch" ? That would be around 375. If so, I think it's interesting that they'd build a tower almost as tall as the main one, rather than either taller or significantly shorter.
Yea, I know, I suppose it will be shorter, I would say 20 stories, the next 30+ tower OKC will see, will probably be the convention center hotel, that is proposed to be built with the new convention center in 2014.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Yea, I know, I suppose it will be shorter, I would say 20 stories, the next 30+ tower OKC will see, will probably be the convention center hotel, that is proposed to be built with the new convention center in 2014.
20 stories or no, as I understand it, will extend the skyline to the north. And I also hear that the convention center lot is small, so the only way they can go is up. But the skyline will be extended N and S.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 5:18 PM

Quote:
20 stories or no, as I understand it, will extend the skyline to the north. And I also hear that the convention center lot is small, so the only way they can go is up. But the skyline will be extended N and S.
Yea, the current OKC central business district is crowded, and buildings will have to be demolished to build more skyscrapers, south of downtown in the Core 2 Shore area is prime for development, especially when the new crosstown and park are completed, but that is still 4 years out.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Yea, the current OKC central business district is crowded, and buildings will have to be demolished to build more skyscrapers, south of downtown in the Core 2 Shore area is prime for development, especially when the new crosstown and park are completed, but that is still 4 years out.
What IS south of the downtown core now ? Is it mostly low-rise industrial and surface lots ?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 5:51 PM

Quote:
What IS south of the downtown core now ? Is it mostly low-rise industrial and surface lots ?
Yes, currently the city is buying up land and demolishing old dilapidated buildings in that area making way for new 70 acre park. The land acquisition process is slow, but the land should be 100% acquired by summer of 2012.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2011, 3:27 PM

First rendering for this one. About 140 more affordable rental units with underground parking at 4th and Oklahoma in Deep Deuce, breaking ground this fall. A second phase on the adjacent block will also begin planning when this project starts construction.

photo from NewsOK

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations