HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Apr 28, 2010, 10:48 AM

The space is smack in the middle of a transit hub, I don't think a sit-down restaurant or a Family-style restaurant would do that well. Don't really want to see a food fair there either as there are a few within a few blocks.

What I'd like to see and think would do well there is a good, I mean real good, jewish deli. You know, bowls of kosher pickles, hefty helpings of tasty easy to eat deli food. Steaming piles of Montreal smoked meat or pastrami, chopped liver pate, on a good hearty rye bread. Schnizels, salmon lox, matzo balls, goulash, latke pancakes.... jeez I miss that food here.

There's a couple of delis in Manhatten I miss alot, and I remember having a killer meatball deli sandwich in Chicago. Dang, I'm drooling.

Great type of food for the business lunch crowd. I know there are some solid 'deli-style' cafes in Gastown and Yaletown, but they're not really what I'm thinking about.

Actually come to think of it, doesn't really need to be at the Transcontinental location. Just open one somewhere!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2010, 3:49 PM

Funny, I never ate at the transcontinental, but the word-of-mouth is always the same. Even non-Foodie ppl I know disliked it.

The interior looked great though. too bad they are ripping that out, like we need more earls/cactus clones. As chains go they're ok, but they really not about the food. I was at the cactus club at bentall the other day and every nook and cranny, in the lounge and even in the dining area had a TV for the playoffs.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2010, 12:59 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

I was reading the food critic in the Globe this morning talking about Rogue and it was identical to my experience I posted in the retail section. Well worth the read, I think we can start the countdown till the next version is revealed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1639465/

Old Posted Jul 16, 2010, 3:16 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
I was reading the food critic in the Globe this morning talking about Rogue and it was identical to my experience I posted in the retail section. Well worth the read, I think we can start the countdown till the next version is revealed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1639465/
Yeah, that about reflects my sentiments from that place. The service was awful and the food was shitty. Plus the concept isn't truly a pay what you think its worth concept, its a pay "within a certain range of what is deemed socially acceptable and if the manager agrees with what you have to say about the food and service, we may knock that off your bill" concept.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining