HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

1 Triad Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Salt Lake City Skyscraper Diagram

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 12:04 AM

SALT LAKE CITY | The Triad Center | 43 FLOORS | 1986 | NEVER BUILT

The Triad Center would have taken up three blocks: the one occupied by the current Triad Center and the ones south and east of it. At the time, in 1984, the cost was estimated to be $410 million. Converting that to current dollars is beyond me, but with inflation it probably would have dwarfed City Creek Center, currently under construction in downtown Salt Lake.

News of the Triad Center plans generated a lot of excitement in Salt Lake, and lots of conceptual drawings appeared in local newspapers. I'd like to share some of these with forum members. Personally, I was very excited by this project.

The Triad Center was to be built in phases. The first phase consisted of the existing buildings. This building, One Triad Center, was planned to be one of two identical (but mirrored) buildings that would have framed the historic Union Pacific Depot to the west. It would have been constructed during the second phase. I've always liked the looks of it, especially the blending of historic elements, such as the brick arches, with the modern elements. I think the shape and setting was wonderful and would have complemented the historic nature of Salt Lake perfectly. At forty-three stories, it would have dominated the skyline.

Last edited by Dylan Leblanc; Dec 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects