HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Telus Garden Residential Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 1:10 AM

Has any estimated completion date been given for the residential tower?

edit: 2015

Last edited by GeeCee; Mar 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
Has any estimated completion date been given for the residential tower?

edit: 2015
2015 but most projects are delayed so wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to 2016

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 11:43 PM

Pic by me today - looks like some Central Steam pipes producing a cloud:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by officedweller; Mar 19, 2012 at 5:28 AM.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 12:36 AM

The presentation centre was packed today for employees and their families who booked appointments. The atrium has these impressive 4 storey tall renderings of the project; one each for the office tower and condominium. I don't know if they could purchase today though.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 12:55 AM
testify

would be really weird to live in a building built by my employer, and though the walk would be as short as an elevator ride, a sort of soviet union-eque "working from home". plus, you'd always have to keep those blinds drawn...

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 2:07 AM

I'd really like to buy a place in this building, but I don't think that I'll be able to by the time that sales start.

I might end up moving to Kamloops to work for the MOT anyways though, so we'll see.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 7:51 PM

City staff report for the overhang on Georgia Street - 16 metres wide and will project 3.5 metres over the property line - sounds pretty substantial.

http://vancouver.ca/ctyclerk/cclerk/...cuments/a2.pdf

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_from_kamakura View Post
would be really weird to live in a building built by my employer, and though the walk would be as short as an elevator ride, a sort of soviet union-eque "working from home". plus, you'd always have to keep those blinds drawn...
...and how would you feel about living there if you got fired, or got headhunted by the competition? What if you're having problems at work, and you can't get away from it because you open your blinds and BLAM there is your problem, 23 stories tall, staring back at you...

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djh View Post
...and how would you feel about living there if you got fired, or got headhunted by the competition? What if you're having problems at work, and you can't get away from it because you open your blinds and BLAM there is your problem, 23 stories tall, staring back at you...
How about just living there and working elsewhere, and your friends all complain to you about cell phone service, their internet bill, Telus customer service, etc.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 10:04 PM

Got this reply from the TG reps after I emailed some questions in:

Quote:

1.We do not have any storage lockers, we do have a bike storage room (you can lock your bike to a rack)

2. You will be able to purchase a parking stall at a later date for the amount of $50,000

3. Total deposit is 25% before completion. $20,000 bank draft upon writing. On the 8th day from when the contract was written increase to full 10%. 6 months from when the contract was written another 5%. 12 months from when the contract was written another 5% of the purchase price. 18 months from when the contract was written another 5%. In total 25% of the purchase price would be paid in 1 1/2 year time.

4. estimated completion is June 2015

5. for the floors that are missing have different floor plans and are only on a couple of floors. The floor plans that was sent to you are of the ones that are typical floor plans.
$50k for a parking spot! Those car nuts around here will flip out.

Actually a little surprising considering some 2 BR suites don't come with parking. I didn't notice a huge difference in pricing, but the $50k should be factored in.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 10:14 PM
ON3P Skis

$50k is pricy, but that isn't that much of a premium over what they cost to build. Other developments that sell spots (or 2nd spots) at $25k are actually quite a deal.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 10:27 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

They don't cost 50K to make, they are charging 50K because that's what the market will pay. There are not enough spots to go around due to arrangements made with Telus.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 10:29 PM
Vancouver User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenegade View Post
$50k is pricy, but that isn't that much of a premium over what they cost to build. Other developments that sell spots (or 2nd spots) at $25k are actually quite a deal.
WOW! Not DT, but my previous residence in Kits charged I think $15K for additional parking spaces, and a UBC residence I owned was $10K/space.

I found this surprisingly cheap to contravene property lines, etc.:
Quote:
As was the case for the Seymour and Richards Projections the Director of Real
Estate Services has determined that the lease payment is to be based on the
annual charges established (from time to time) under the Encroachment Bylaw
which as of January, 2012 are set at $170.03 plus $4.54 for every square foot
exceeding 150 square feet. A calculation based on preliminary drawings yields
an annual charge of approximately $2300 for the Lease Premises.
The annual
Encroachment charge will be allocated to the Encroachment Revenue Account
(Business Area 9200, Cost Centre 91050, Account 418300).

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post

Actually a little surprising considering some 2 BR suites don't come with parking. I didn't notice a huge difference in pricing, but the $50k should be factored in.
That's a little high for parking, but I'd get more wound up about not having a storage locker, especially with how small some of the suites are. The bike and ski gear has got to go somewhere.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 10:58 PM
ON3P Skis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
They don't cost 50K to make, they are charging 50K because that's what the market will pay. There are not enough spots to go around due to arrangements made with Telus.
We just built a 2 storey underground parkade and when all costs were added up it came to approximately $40k per stall. It was a smaller building so with larger parkades efficiencies will be gained, but I have a hard time seeing the cost get down to $10k or $15k.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 11:58 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Probably closer to the $20K mark and I've seen up to $30K with soft costs included, once it gets much higher then that it stops being economically feesible unless you require them.

I agree though on a small site the costs could even surpass 50K as most of the space is taken up with driving lanes causing the need to go deeper. Would not be surprised if some of those south downtown towers being built now that have 7-8 floors of u/g parking have some spots that cost over $50K to build.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post

2 beds over 800 sq feet do come with parking.
Those that are smaller were priced cheep anyway, so even after adding in 50K the price is still competitive or better than resale options.
Those homes have mostly all sold anyway, so clearly Telus employees were happy without parking or paying 50K.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 6:30 PM

Looks like all the 1 bedrooms are gone (to employees and early VIPs I believe):

Quote:
The day you've been waiting for is finally here. We invite you to a one-day only preview Sunday March 25, 12-5pm at our Discovery Atrium located at 768 Seymour Street.

Public response has been sensational, and the TELUS employee community has embraced this project in overwhelming numbers. They believe in the development team, the location, and the investment potential and leapt at the opportunity to be first in.

While that does mean that some of our homes have been sold, we have a variety of 2- and 3-bedroom homes throughout the tower, many with stunning views. Homes are priced from $679,900 and include parking.

We do apologize if you were looking for a 1-bedroom home, but we strongly encourage you to explore areas in the tower you hadn't previously considered.

You won't want to miss your opportunity to be part of Vancouver real estate history.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 7:50 PM

^Wow.That's gotta be close to half the project? Too bad they have nothing to offer the public below $680k...

Anyone been on the www.telusgarden.com website and view the rendering of the pool? Shangri-la has magically appeared on Seymour Street!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 8:32 PM
ON3P Skis

Looks like no one has to worry about getting a unit without parking anymore I guess. lol

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver