HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Today, 4:04 AM

I love Horton Plaza

Old Posted Today, 4:56 AM
Babylon falling

Horton blows, does Westfield actually own the land the mall sits on? It should be sold to a Chinese Billionaire for a mega mixed use ego project. Modern and sleek something to put SD on the map! Like Brickell City Center in Miami but with better design. Or maybe something like MGM City Center. We need something to really knock peoples socks off.

Old Posted Today, 7:48 PM

^ Hardly anyone would disagree that Horton Plaza needs at least a massive renovation. It served a good purpose in downtown for several years, but has failed to adapt to the changes in retail. Losing Nordstrom's clearly hurt and Macy's, like many anchor stores, isn't doing very well lately.

As far as I know Westfield owns the land. Then there are several other properties that would have to be worked around: Balboa Theatre, Horton Apartments and Golden West Hotel on Fourth; the Westin on First, etc. Personally I would love to see something that doesn't feel so claustrophobic as part of Horton Plaza's redevelopment, but other than that I'm keeping an open mind.

Old Posted Today, 9:10 PM
Kiwi

I think more playing off of the atmosphere, weather and lifestyle more like Paseo Nuevo in Santa Barbara would be plenty, it integrates well with a downtown and has a cool factor without being ostentatious.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations