HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 28, 2008, 10:59 PM

Pattullo Bridge Discussion: Upgrades/Replacement | U/C

Important decisions on the Patullo Bridge expected tomorrow
Surrey/CKNW(AM980)

5/28/2008

Tomorrow the Translink board meets and it's reported they will approve either a median for the Patullo Bridge, or 3 wider lanes using a counter flow system similar to the Lions Gate Bridge.

Four years ago John Heida died in a head-on crash on the Patullo Bridge and friend Bob Behnke has since lobbied for better safety on the bridge.

He's very happy something is being done.

"If it happens, I’ll believe it when I see. I'm sorry to be so negative but I’ve heard so much talk for so many years now, this is four years, been to many meetings myself, gone in front of Translink, of course you can't very well do that even any more. You can only rehash the same point over and over. I'm ecstatic if they're going to do something."

Behnke says he favors a median on the Patullo Bridge, but he understands the engineering for that could be very difficult.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure