HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 1:56 AM

Does anyone have information on The Bridge District’s new projects The Bridge or Grannery Lofts? The projects were posted on the Biz last year but Friedman or Fulcrum has made no announcements.

I find it quite dissappointing that Friedman and Fulcrum are taking their time with TBD. I mean for crying out loud we can be seeing larger projects and a faster buildout, especially due to TBD’s “high demand” and “high attention/interest”, yet they are still working on 980 Central after over a year and no new projects have emerged. The least Fulcrum can do is work on multiple projects at once to get the momentum going.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 5:41 PM

The speed at which west sac has built up compared to midtown is quite dissapointing.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 10:34 PM

Very disappointing there is so much potential and the demand is there.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
Does anyone have information on The Bridge District’s new projects The Bridge or Grannery Lofts? The projects were posted on the Biz last year but Friedman or Fulcrum has made no announcements.

I find it quite dissappointing that Friedman and Fulcrum are taking their time with TBD. I mean for crying out loud we can be seeing larger projects and a faster buildout, especially due to TBD’s “high demand” and “high attention/interest”, yet they are still working on 980 Central after over a year and no new projects have emerged. The least Fulcrum can do is work on multiple projects at once to get the momentum going.
I've heard from a credible source that both the Grannery lofts (and townhouses/condos) as well as the planned apartment building at Riverfront and Bridge streets will both be built at the same time. I imagine these will break ground in the next few months.

What I really want to know is what happened to that Riveredge project. They moved a bunch of dirt around two years ago and then nothing...

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
I've heard from a credible source that both the Grannery lofts (and townhouses/condos) as well as the planned apartment building at Riverfront and Bridge streets will both be built at the same time. I imagine these will break ground in the next few months.

What I really want to know is what happened to that Riveredge project. They moved a bunch of dirt around two years ago and then nothing...

[IMG]http://media.bizj.us/view/img/7369702/631b2733-0b24-4e05-81fd-9d966d871ae6*1200xx961-541-0-7.png[/IMG]

That's a relief, Friedman and Fulcrum have been building one phase at a time and it bugs the hell out of me knowing that there is so much potential where TBD is but they are building like a snail. As seen in the last photo that's what Fulcrum is expecting the area to turn into, but at the rate they are building we won't see TBD turn out for another few decades or even at all because of how badly Sacramento is affected by recessions.

Riveredge has always bugged me, 200+ homes for people and in a perfect location too, IDK what happened as they said they would start a few years back if I am not mistaken. However, according to the SBJ they did an article on Riveredge and said it would start this year so I remain hopeful indeed.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 8:19 PM

Hey what bridge is that connecting west sac to sac? Is it going to be built?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeFutbolero View Post
It's just a conceptual pedestrian/bike path bridge... as with anything, would be nice, but I doubt both cities have an extra $10-20 million sitting around to build it.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 5:17 AM
Sac-O-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeFutbolero View Post
A permit for a bridge of that design from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers might be difficult to get. The Sacramento River is a navigable waterway. That bridge doesn't look very friendly to navigation.

But man it would be cool.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac-O-Lantern View Post
A permit for a bridge of that design from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers might be difficult to get. The Sacramento River is a navigable waterway. That bridge doesn't look very friendly to navigation.

But man it would be cool.
I hope Sac-O-Lantern that the cities can work together to build the bridge, it's the reason TBD is called TBD and it would add a unique bridge to the river and would connect The Docks with TBD.

Is there any new news on Grannery Lofts or the Bridge or what Fulcrum and Friedman will do after those two projects?

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
The speed at which west sac has built up compared to midtown is quite dissapointing.
1. West Sac is hungry, desperate, stuck with a bad reputation, call it what you will.

2. West Sac has no historic buildings in that area for anyone to get goo-goo about.

Last edited by NickB1967; May 23, 2018 at 6:53 PM.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Maybe you should clarify where your disappoint lies. There’s far more construction going on in Midtown at the moment than there is in West Sacramento.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Maybe you should clarify where your disappoint lies. There’s far more construction going on in Midtown at the moment than there is in West Sacramento.
Ozone I think what he meant to say was that Midtown is developing rapidly while West Sacramento is building incredibly slow. I agree w/that statement, TBD is building out as slow af, they are already years into the project and only a few hundred homes have been built. While that is great, there is a lot more potential for that area and the demand in Sacramento justifies a faster buildout, especially due to TBD's location.

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
1. West Sac is hungry, desperate, stuck with a bad reputation, call it what you will.

2. West Sac has no historic buildings in that area for anyone to get goo-goo about.
1. Do you really think that West Sacramento still has thy bad of a reputation? And if it does that it applies to the WS River District?

2. True but I doubt that makes much of difference. I think the lack of retail and commercial waterfront development is hindering the development.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 8:24 AM

Hey guys so I was looking at an aerial photo of TBD from yesterday and I saw that there was shovel work or a bunch of dirt near the riverfront around the center of that area. Is there construction going on there?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
Hey guys so I was looking at an aerial photo of TBD from yesterday and I saw that there was shovel work or a bunch of dirt near the riverfront around the center of that area. Is there construction going on there?
I don’t know where you were looking but could have something to do with the new Drakes Brewing Company at The Barn?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 3:52 PM

Quote:
I don’t know where you were looking but could have something to do with the new Drakes Brewing Company at The Barn?
I can show you later but it’s an Instagram link.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 5:33 PM

^^^ It's probably the addition they're doing to the Barn.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 4:07 PM

Not earth shattering but Presidio Cos. has proposed building a 115-room Home2 Suites/Hilton hotel in downtown West Sacramento.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Not earth shattering but Presidio Cos. has proposed building a 115-room Home2 Suites/Hilton hotel in downtown West Sacramento.
1020 West Capitol Ave.. "The most upscale hotel in West Sacramento" will be sandwiched in the sketchy motel row east of City Hall?

When are they supposed to build a hotel on the riverfront or somewhere out there?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 5:59 PM

I noticed that Fulcrum has officially broken ground on the next phase in the Bridge District. The Foundry (aka Grannery Lofts) lot is fenced off and site work has begun.

Also noticed this morning there was some heavy equipment moving around dirt on the lot across from Raley Field where that big dirt mound has been for the last 3 years. Not sure what's going on there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area