HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
or syringes, empty paint cans, etc..... I know for a fact a few hotdog venders have dumped unused cooked hotdogs over the wall. I see it everyweek, and I know there is a stray cat that lives in within the walls.
Nice...so "The Hole" is full of weenies

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangpogi View Post
I'm sure the foundation needs to be designed for the specific needs of the building. When the Boise Tower was scrapped and Boise Place took it's place, I seem to recall them planning on utilizing the original foundation. It seems like it would have been more economical to design the 8th and Main tower around the existing foundation, but maybe they have been sitting exposed too long to be reliable...
That and construction regulations have likely changed.

I see the pit every day from our office's main window in the US Bank building, and it's quite the eyesore. I will try to snap a photo if I remember. That way, we can see a before and after.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 8:14 PM

At a valley-wide meeting held this afternoon, the 8th & Main project was discussed by Colliers. One of the comments made by George Iliff, and confirmed by a member of the audience, is that the building is officially to be 18-stories! Don't know how this will be announced, but that is what we were told. GREAT NEWS!!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 8:22 PM

An 18 floor office building comes out to about 280'. It seems as though Boise may be getting a new tallest...

The CBD will look pretty dense looking east from the westside of downtown.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 8:57 PM
Dare Mighty Things

WOO-HOO!!!!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 10:19 PM

I will amend the thread title again

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 11:10 PM

Sweet! The rendering from the Idaho Press Tribune from a few days back must be the most current rendering then.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 3:11 PM

Does anyone know where the crane will be sitting...Main or 8th? I am thinking there may be a impact to the Saturday Market on that block of 8th when construction is going hard and heavy.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 6:04 PM

Well that is exciting news. I can't wait to see this structure start coming out of the ground.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Does anyone know where the crane will be sitting...Main or 8th? I am thinking there may be a impact to the Saturday Market on that block of 8th when construction is going hard and heavy.
From what I remember when the Boise Tower construction was underway, they entirely closed off 8th and also closed the left lane of Main. That will be a bummer if they do have to shut off 8th--in addition to Saturday Market it's also such a critical route for bikes and pedestrians.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 9:57 PM

KTVB story on work starting

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Constructio...146477445.html

Interestingly enough, they are still quoting it as 15 stories.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 10:40 PM

And they are also using what appears to be an outdated rendering, so there you have it..I'm pretty confident George Iliff of Colliers was correct in stating the building will be 18-stories. I guess we'll hear on Monday..I would hope there will be a ceremony to officially kick-off construction.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 3:25 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo_business View Post
http://www.ktvb.com/news/Constructio...146477445.html

Interestingly enough, they are still quoting it as 15 stories.
This is just a guess, but with so many different quoted heights in different articles... I've seen everything in the last few months from 15, 16, 18, and 20... I'll go with my gut and trust ATLonthebrain. The numbers just seem to constantly vary depending on where you get your news from.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 3:18 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
This is just a guess, but with so many different quoted heights in different articles... I've seen everything in the last few months from 15, 16, 18, and 20... I'll go with my gut and trust ATLonthebrain. The numbers just seem to constantly vary depending on where you get your news from.

the idaho statesman said the "final" floor count is 16.

and the idaho statesman, as you all know, is never, EVER wrong.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 3:31 PM

I wonder what it would be worth in marketing for Zions Bank to go down in the history books forever as having the tallest building in Boise from 2012-whenever, and also among the countless photos that will be taken as it being the top dog in one of the county's "best places to live" brochures pimped out everywhere.

Any chance this could offset the cost of building a couple more floors that might sit vacant for a while? Consider it an investment?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 10:19 PM

I think I'll go with my gut as well and go with the 18 floor count. And about the Vacant floors, this is only sarcasm....but wouldn't the OWS hippies bitch and moan about them wasting money if they do decide to leave a few floors vacant? xD

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 4:05 AM

I believe the renderings I have seen for the layout of the floors were numbered 16 and 17, but I could be wrong. I don't suppose they are required to have a final floor count by the time construction begins?

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I think I'll go with my gut as well and go with the 18 floor count. And about the Vacant floors, this is only sarcasm....but wouldn't the OWS hippies bitch and moan about them wasting money if they do decide to leave a few floors vacant? xD
Their antics are going to cost the state of ID (all of us) thousands of dollars to fix the damage to the lawn, landscaping, and grounds. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...tion-from.html

Gound Breaking at the hole is today!!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 7:12 PM
All man. Half nuts.

from today's statesman:

Quote:
Ahlquist said all retail spaces and six floors of office space are leased in the 16-story, 268,000-square-foot building.
Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...#storylink=cpy

being the eternal pessimist, i'm going to presume that the statesman's floor count is actually a typo, and that the final building will only be 6 floors.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 8:37 PM

Oh please don't get me to start worrying about this! lol I'm still going with my gut that is saying the statesman is wrong on the floor count (surely they'd do their research) I HOPE. but what's kind of bothering me is when I read the article today in the statesman is that they said "small crane". wouldn't they just erect one of those tall stationary large cranes up. forgot what they're called. i'm guessing that's going to be put up later?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West