HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 11:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
That will leave a large section of empty store fronts.
Indeed. There is already online speculation about this.

There is a rumour that Bikini Village may in fact be relocating (apparently their merchandise is in storage). If so, were they asked to move to allow something else to move in?

This could jive with the rumour that West 49 is also a relocation. Could West 49 be relocating to that section of the mall???

We'll know in the next couple of months.......

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Indeed. There is already online speculation about this.

There is a rumour that Bikini Village may in fact be relocating (apparently their merchandise is in storage). If so, were they asked to move to allow something else to move in?

This could jive with the rumour that West 49 is also a relocation. Could West 49 be relocating to that section of the mall???

We'll know in the next couple of months.......
I'm wondering why nobody seems to have thought about Starbucks potentiallymoving to the Vacant 515 Sq/ft unit next to Laura Secord.
It has 2 visible faces.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 6:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I'm wondering why nobody seems to have thought about Starbucks potentiallymoving to the Vacant 515 Sq/ft unit next to Laura Secord.
It has 2 visible faces.
The current kiosk location for Starbucks has always seemed awkward to me. It faces away from one of the two main corridors passing by it, and the (small) seating section is pretty exposed and not particularly restful.

I've always thought Starbucks should relocate to a vacant storefront. With over 1,000 thirsty TD bank employees soon to occupy the former Sears space, I would think this a golden opportunity for Starbucks to relocate along that corridor......

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 7:13 PM

Not sure if CF is thinking that far ahead, but with the TD centre at that end of the mall, they should consider basically shifting the Food Court to be down at that end.

Without Sears or a big retail anchor down there, that hallway is going to be a commercial dead zone as far as getting browsing traffic. If the Food court was down there, then the approaches would still get traffic, and the TD Centre employees would have a handy spot to duck out for a quick bite to eat or a quick drink.

If they were to do that, probably the best way to do it would be to have two food courts for 5-10 years, as businesses shift from one area to the other.

They would probably lose a storefront for a bit, since they would likely want to turn a store into a hallway to the bathrooms (Looking at the map, The Source, or Claire would be likely ones to be turned into a hallway)

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 2:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

So I see that Country Lane has a moving sale on right now.

For over a decade, Country Lane has been the loyal foot soldier of CF Champlain, occupying whatever vacant CRU that the mall managers deem that they should move into.

One would assume if Country Lane has been told by mall management that they have to move, that Champlain Place has plans in place for a new tenant for that particular CRU. It will be interesting do see what happens over the next few months........

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 3:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of the new Cannabis NB store in the Mapleton Centre.

Photo courtesy of Retail Talk & Share

Pretty bland exterior if you ask me, but of course it is owned by the province, and I'm sure they had no intention of "glamourizing" the sale of pot.......

As you can see, there will be two CRUs in the building. Originally I had been speculating the second unit could be occupied by an NBLC store (possibly a specialty wine store given it's relatively small footprint), but, since the recent announcement of a specialty wine store for FiveFive Queen, this seems unlikely. Maybe a convenience store with lots of munchies for sale will move in........

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 7:55 PM

It's the same style of bricks being put up at the back of the Brookside Mall in Fredericton, where another Cannabis NB location is supposed to be. The Brookside Mall location is similarly low-key, with no apparent mall access, and an entrance in the back of the mall away from all the other entrances and businesses.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 3:43 AM

Yeah, no money was spent on any fancy architecture for those stores. The completed one at Landsdowne Plaza in Saint John is tragically plain as well. Literally a brick box with a door and 1 window on one side and nothing on the other 3 sides.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 9:17 AM

in 5 years they'll redo them cause it's not good looking and we'll have to pay them(taxpayers). like they did with liquor stores

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 10:22 PM

The design is more for protecting the building than to make it pleasing to the eye.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 10:38 PM

There is actually three locations in Moncton area.

Greater Moncton

Choice Properties – 165 Main St.
Mapleton Holdings Inc. – 40 Wyse St.
Perfection Realty – 780 Dieppe Blvd.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 2:04 PM

Unpopular opinion I suppose, but I actually kinda like the almost brutalist look.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 2:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The rusty old Sears sign (with the LED display) at the main entrance into CF Champlain off of Champlain Street is being taken down today (good riddance).

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
There is actually three locations in Moncton area.

Greater Moncton

Choice Properties – 165 Main St.
Mapleton Holdings Inc. – 40 Wyse St.
Perfection Realty – 780 Dieppe Blvd.
And a fourth in a yet to be announced Shediac location.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 3:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
And a fourth in a yet to be announced Shediac location.
They are building an extension onto the back of the new NBLC on Main Street in Shediac. Even though they have not announced it, I think its pretty obvious where the pot store is going to be going........

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The rusty old Sears sign (with the LED display) at the main entrance into CF Champlain off of Champlain Street is being taken down today (good riddance).
agreed. Hopefully somebody... anybody will paint those god awful post-apocalyptic light poles in the parking lot as well.

side note but the little ice cream stand that has traditionally gone up in the summer right beside that sign has been kicked out. Not sure if and where they will relocate. A little disappointing as it was a family favourite of ours on the way home from baseball and such. Also they've torn down the ice cream stand between the Needs and Pizza Delight on Mountain road by the Dumont. I'm wondering if this is actually part of the old Curling Club land and they are prepping for a sale.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
. Also they've torn down the ice cream stand between the Needs and Pizza Delight on Mountain road by the Dumont. I'm wondering if this is actually part of the old Curling Club land and they are prepping for a sale.
An ice cream stand popped up in the parking lot of Crystal Mountain Party Palace on Elmwood which I think might be that one from Mountain Rd. What I don't understand is I thought the city said they needed to have a connection to water to continue operating and I don't see how it would have that in the middle of a parking lot. (Note, I found that particular ice cream stand rather seedy and never went)

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
An ice cream stand popped up in the parking lot of Crystal Mountain Party Palace on Elmwood which I think might be that one from Mountain Rd. What I don't understand is I thought the city said they needed to have a connection to water to continue operating and I don't see how it would have that in the middle of a parking lot. (Note, I found that particular ice cream stand rather seedy and never went)
The Ice Cream stand at Crystal Mountain was there last year, it was up next to the building. This year they moved it closer to the road to get better visibility (Opening June 1st). No association with the one on Mountain Rd.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
agreed. Hopefully somebody... anybody will paint those god awful post-apocalyptic light poles in the parking lot as well.

side note but the little ice cream stand that has traditionally gone up in the summer right beside that sign has been kicked out. Not sure if and where they will relocate. A little disappointing as it was a family favourite of ours on the way home from baseball and such. Also they've torn down the ice cream stand between the Needs and Pizza Delight on Mountain road by the Dumont. I'm wondering if this is actually part of the old Curling Club land and they are prepping for a sale.
Oh my that one on Mountain Road was our "go to" place, Now we'll need to find another.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
Oh my that one on Mountain Road was our "go to" place, Now we'll need to find another.
there's a sign up now that says they've moved to 96 King st.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces