HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 3, 2022, 8:27 PM

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 4, 2022, 4:55 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
This building has changed a lot, and for the better from the looks of it.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Agreed, but I wish there was a better retail connection/public space on the paseo.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
This building would do so much to transform that area for the better. There are some ROUGH buildings nearby that could use either revitalization or need to be razed.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 8:08 PM

The change to the site boundary described on pages 17/18 helps the project a lot. The previous massing was being driven by a fairly arbitrary line on a map; however just because it was arbitrary doesn't mean that it was easy to change. Big kudos to the project team for making that happen.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2023, 3:02 AM

Good update via Bike Portland - mostly focused on transit center bike/ped access but mentions that construction is expected to get underway early next year: https://bikeportland.org/2023/01/13/...-center-369294

Old Posted Jan 17, 2023, 8:00 PM

The public realm portion of the project has been submitted for design review:

Quote:
This project is building a new public plaza, stair and ramp structure up to the existing ODOT pedestrian bridge over I-84 and to the Hollywood light rail station. In addition, this project is replacing an aging substation that powers the MAX line; the new substation will be housed underneath the ramp and stair structure. Approximately one third of the existing transit center, within a vacated portion of NE 42nd Ave, will become the new public plaza, stair/ramp, and substation. Two thirds of the existing transit center will become a new affordable housing building (a separate project by others). Existing bus facilities will be moved to an in-street configuration.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 8:22 PM

The affordable housing has also been submitted for design review:

Quote:
Design proposes a new 12-story, 224-unit, Type I construction affordable housing project. Sixty percent of these homes are two- and three-bedroom units with an overall average of 1.77 beds per unit. Homes will be geared towards families earning between 30-60% AMI, and all will be affirmatively marketed to BIPOC families. Building amenities will include community rooms, meetings spaces, resident services, bike and vehicular parking. The project incorporates a central courtyard and adjacent paseo/market street (built by TriMet), serving not just the immediate residents but functioning as an amenity for the greater community.One Modification is requested for Landscaped Areas

Old Posted Jan 19, 2023, 7:30 PM
A before E

Quote:
The affordable housing has also been submitted for design review:
This is fantastic news

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 5:55 PM

Notice of a Type II Proposal for the new pedestrian accessway.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2023, 12:03 AM

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 9:39 PM

Drawings [45 MB], Appendix [72 MB] and Staff Report (which recommends approval).

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Drawings [45 MB], Appendix [72 MB] and Staff Report (which recommends approval).
I know they need to put the loading spaces SOMEWHERE but it's kind of astounding to see just how much of the ground floor square footage is dedicated to loading and a half-dozen parking spaces. Regardless, yay to 224 new homes!

Old Posted Apr 4, 2023, 1:13 AM
BANNED

When does construction anticipate to start? Next year?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2023, 2:27 AM

I have no idea, but i wouldn’t expect it to start before then.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 1:57 PM

This one will take a while before construction begins on the building. The street vacation of 42nd ave next to 24hr fitness isn't complete. The city council needs to approve that before TriMet can submit for building permits. The first permit will build a temporary ramp before they build a new substation under the permanent stairs/ramp. They need that complete before they can demo the old substation where the building will go. So there should be construction starting next year, but it likely won't be the building. I'm glad they found a way to do this, as complicated as it may be.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 3:42 PM

This project was approved by the Design Commission yesterday.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 12:19 AM

Old Posted Nov 22, 2023, 5:19 PM

Looks like they broke ground last month.

Quote:
Hollywood Transit Center construction project will add affordable housing and business space

A major project aimed at modernizing Northeast Portland's Hollywood Transit Center and bringing more affordable housing to the area is officially underway.

TriMet and city officials broke ground on constructing the hollywoodHUB development on Thursday. The mixed-use building will include more than 220 permanently affordable housing units, business and community-gathering spaces, bike parking and a courtyard. Construction is expected to be complete in 2026.

The Portland Housing Bureau and Metro combined resources to provide $31.9 million of affordable housing bond funding for the project. It's the largest funding award ever received for an affordable housing project, according to TriMet.

"We’re revitalizing this transit center into homes and community space seamlessly linked to TriMet’s bus and MAX service and other shared mobility options," said TriMet General Manager Sam Desue Jr. in a news release.

The improvement project also includes updating transit facilities on the 35,000 square foot site. Crews will first begin demolishing TriMet's existing ramp and stairs. A temporary structure will be installed for TriMet rides to get to and from the MAX station before the new permanent ramp and stairs are built in early 2024. Crews will also update crosswalks and install a new bus shelter on Northeast 42nd Avenue.

TriMet is partnering with the developer BRIDGE Housing to build the affordable housing development between July 2024 and July 2026.
Read more at KGW...

Old Posted Nov 23, 2023, 12:58 PM

Looks good (enough)! 12 stories should be the standard for any block-sized development this close to downtown.

Looking at the area, and knowing that this level of development--blocks of SFH, a small handful of 2-6 story apartment buildings, an office building of <5 stories--is what's around most MAX stations throughout the region, it's no wonder ridership's been stuck for a bit over a decade.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland