HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 3:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
I actually really like this representation... have there already been subtle changes from the original Ingels re-design of this tower?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
^Yes

Biggest seems to be that the south face is no longer totally flat and theres a subtle height change.

The other is that the north/east elevation is no longer that very horizontal glass as we saw in the video with horizontal mullions every several feet, but is now that 'shingled' glass as we see in hudson yards. Much better IMO.
I don't know if the south side has ever really been completely flat, just not as defined in the renderings. The facade still looks pretty similar to Foster's version as far as I can tell.

Resized smaller for a better look...

A look at the base of both versions...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 8:17 PM

In Ingels 1st iteration the facade along fulton seemed to be flat along the entire face. No doubt however the kink is in relation to the foster foundation.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
In Ingels 1st iteration the facade along fulton seemed to be flat along the entire face. No doubt however the kink is in relation to the foster foundation.

They've "secretly" did a design change, might be confirmed, back in January

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 11:01 PM
New Yorker for life

By all means, the "wedge of light" must be saved...

More of that outline here...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 8:42 PM

This version of BiG design is not so bad, but still praying for fosters!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 10:30 PM

It's friggin amazing how many pages this thread is without any signs of a design commitment, tenant commitment, or construction starting any time soon...

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
It's friggin amazing how many pages this thread is without any signs of a design commitment, tenant commitment, or construction starting any time soon...
Well it is part of the biggest, most well known construction project of our time...

Old Posted Nov 6, 2016, 6:08 PM

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 8:25 AM
Ann Arbor, Pale Blue Dot

It'd be nice to get some tenant interest for this property while we still have Silverstein with us.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 2:58 AM
New Yorker for life

https://www.bisnow.com/new-york/news...ethestic-67545

WHY HUDSON YARDS IS MAKING 93% OF NYC'S OFFICE MARKET SEEM OBSOLETE

Nov 10, 2016
Benjamin Mazzara

Quote:
London and Hong Kong have added over 20% of new office supply since 2000. In the same time frame, New York has only added 7%. That small fraction is head and shoulders above the other 93% of office buildings in the city, and it's changed the game in attracting tenants.

Recalling his experience with Hudson Yards, Related Cos VP Stephen Winter says new construction’s appeal doesn’t just lie in lower cost receipts. When Hudson Yards started leasing, Related pitched tenants on how efficient the buildings would be and their lower cost-to-employee ratio. “Those numbers impress the CFOs, but don’t get over the hump with CEOs,” he told the crowd of around 200. Instead, Related started pitching amenities and technology only new construction offers, which has the power to attract and retain talent, which resonates more with top brass and helped Related get ahead of the curve. Now, he says, the firm’s no longer focused on just filling up the space, but getting the highest rents it can.

Silverstein Properties chairman Larry Silverstein says the quality of the World Trade Center makes him confident he can land an anchor tenant for 2 World Trade Center after negotiations with Rupert Murdoch fell through. He said there's a deal in the works on a replacement anchor, but couldn't offer more specifics.

.....The biggest attractive element these new offices have is their flexible, open floor plans, which give the younger workforce—of startups and mature companies—more options of where and how to work and the potential to keep innovating, expanding and densifying.

.....While companies and younger workers love flexibility and connectivity, they’re also looking for something authentic and iconic, Woods Bagot global head of workplace Sarah Kay says. Developers either need to provide a distinct architectural experience like Hudson Yards, or tap into a neighborhood's aesthetic, as Toby has done with 25 Kent Ave’s brick and masonry.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 3:59 PM
Ω

^This is good news.

This design is not growing on me. I'll never like how it appears to be leaning. I hope there is a redesign.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
^This is good news.

This design is not growing on me. I'll never like how it appears to be leaning. I hope there is a redesign.
But that's what will, for better or worse, make it a world-wide architectural icon.

Despite it being just a mass of boxes, it's actually quite unique. I still prefer the Foster Design, but the BIG design will never be accused of being boring, derivative or unimaginative.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
But that's what will, for better or worse, make it a world-wide architectural icon.

Despite it being just a mass of boxes, it's actually quite unique. I still prefer the Foster Design, but the BIG design will never be accused of being boring, derivative or unimaginative.
Being unique doesn't make it good. I hate this design.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 12:45 AM

I never liked both designs. They should just make a twin of 1.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 2:42 AM

Honestly, I still think Foster's design is the best. If by some miracle Foster's gets built, I will be very happy. This is honestly one of my least favorite buildings proposed in New York right now, if my my least favorite. (111 W 57th is probably my least favorite U/C, though)

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Honestly, I still think Foster's design is the best. If by some miracle Foster's gets built, I will be very happy. This is honestly one of my least favorite buildings proposed in New York right now, if my my least favorite. (111 W 57th is probably my least favorite U/C, though)
What buildings do you LIKE? 111 W 57th is a stunner...

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 6:47 PM

Honestly Foster's design never convinced me, always it sounded aged much more than "a classic new" that lot of person are claiming-screaming of it.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 8:28 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Being unique doesn't make it good. I hate this design.
I agree 100% with you!
Just keep your fingers crossed on this development.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 9:34 AM

". . . the BIG design will never be accused of being
boring, derivative or unimaginative." . . - submariner

HORSEFEATHERS !

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 11:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This site has been a disaster from a development timetable standpoint. So many disappointments.

Thing is, the whole cities booming, the surroundings next to this are booming, but this tower.... this parcel... is just misfortune. And not the tower design I'm referring to, but the course of updates pertaining to its status. Bad enough the towers went down, but the idea that the missing void is still there. That patch of air that is not reclaimed. That is a reminder of what we lost. We haven't yet reclaimed it.

For me, I just want the site to feel normal again. Essentially, not a construction zone.

Greed has poisoned the site. From the chopping of 1 WTC's cladded spire, to the greedy rents being asked for sq-ft in this tower (2wtc), amidst much better rates over at HY, there is no symbolism, only greed from Silverstein.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction