HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 15, 2009, 4:59 PM

A Zip Line proposed for the Snake River Canyon at Twin Falls.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/busine...ry/934122.html

http://magicvalley.com/news/local/ar...4004cd45d.html

A zip line ride, similar to this one seen at Devil’s Corral on the north side of the Snake River Canyon in 2007, is proposed to be installed along an area of the canyon near Canyon Crest Dining and Event Center in Twin Falls.

Zip line proposed for Twin Falls

An enterprise billed as the "world's first powered zip line," with controllable speeds of up to 90 mph, has been proposed for the Twin Falls side of the Snake River canyon.

Magic Valley Flight Simulation, a Twin Falls limited liability company, wants to bring a zip line to the canyon rim that would be 3,558 feet long. Under the proposal, the zip line would be bidirectional and turn 180 degrees to return to its launch site adjacent to Canyon Crest Dining and Event Center, offering a 1.3 mile round-trip ride.

The company needs an amendment for the zip line to be an allowable land use and is appearing before the city's planning and zoning commission at its meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers, 305 Third Ave. E. The commission will make a recommendation that is forwarded to the City Council.

The zip line will be visible from the Perrine Bridge and Canyon Crest Dining and Event Center, but cannot be seen from private property or the walking paths along the rim, said Jody Tatum, a representative of the company.

The zip line would be battery-powered and have speeds that the rider could control - up to 90 mph for the first leg of the ride before the zip line turns around and heads back. That makes the zip line equally appealing to "adventure seekers and sightseers alike," Tatum said.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 8:19 PM

Get your Hot Mormon Muffin!

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/s...25f7b7f3d.html

Idaho mom defends her decision to pose for Hot Mormon Muffins calendar

Nishi Gupta
Idaho's NewsChannel 7

Other Mormoms upset

BOISE -- From mom to cover girl, an Idaho Falls woman is one of the 12 Mormon moms to pose for a new calendar. In fact, she's on the front cover.

The calendar is stirring up a debate over modesty.

Tami Roberts of Idaho Falls is one of the "Devout Dozen" in this calendar.

She says it was all done in good taste but not everyone agrees.

Tami loves to spend time with her girls, help them with homework and knows her way around the kitchen. She also enjoyed being a vintage pin-up girl.

"There's so many people that find it, that are upset about it. I don't see what the big deal is," Tami Roberts said.

She's the cover model of Hot Mormon Muffins, a calendar which gives readers "a taste of motherhood."

"I think it would be wrong," Mormon Erica Anderson said.

It's a taste that some in her conservative Mormon religion don't like.

They feel the pictures are immodest.

"What I thought when I saw the picture is she has large breasts and how she has a sleeveless outfit," Mormon Jennifer Gray said.

"I'm disappointed in the way that she's acting and telling people that she's LDS but she's acting this way. I don't think it backs up the beliefs that we have", Anderson said.

"We're not all in a stereotype, we're not all the same. And I'm not a stereotypical Mormon for sure," Roberts said.

Roberts says she was raised LDS and has brought her daughters up with its values too.

Posing for the calender is not in violation of her faith, she says.

It's about challenging the religion's common perceptions with a sense of humor.

How does her husband feel about it? He's her biggest fan.

"It's not one of those sleazy type things which I don't think I'd be all for that so I think it's pretty tasteful the way they did it," Christian Roberts said.

Tami knows other Mormons think she's not behaving as she should. But she says by being Miss May, she's not turning her back on her church. She's just expressing her individuality and asking for tolerance.

"My friends and my family, and the people who are important in my life are fine. They're going to be fine with it," Roberts said.

The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not commenting about this calendar.

According to the calendar's website, proceeds from its sales will be donated to breast cancer research.

The calendar's creator came out with a controversial 2008 version called Men on a Mission. It featured partially-nude Mormon men.

The creator was stripped of his church membership.
Share this storyPrint this story Add RSS Feeds Email this story Advertisement

Last edited by Cottonwood; Oct 29, 2009 at 3:38 PM.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 2:07 AM
Always running Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post

Nishi Gupta
Idaho's NewsChannel 7

Other Mormoms upset

BOISE -- From mom to cover girl, an Idaho Falls woman is one of the 12 Mormon moms to pose for a new calendar. In fact, she's on the front cover.

The calendar is stirring up a debate over modesty.

Tami Roberts of Idaho Falls is one of the "Devout Dozen" in this calendar.

She says it was all done in good taste but not everyone agrees.

Tami loves to spend time with her girls, help them with homework and knows her way around the kitchen. She also enjoyed being a vintage pin-up girl.

"There's so many people that find it, that are upset about it. I don't see what the big deal is," Tami Roberts said.

She's the cover model of Hot Mormon Muffins, a calendar which gives readers "a taste of motherhood."

"I think it would be wrong," Mormon Erica Anderson said.

It's a taste that some in her conservative Mormon religion don't like.

They feel the pictures are immodest.

"What I thought when I saw the picture is she has large breasts and how she has a sleeveless outfit," Mormon Jennifer Gray said.

"I'm disappointed in the way that she's acting and telling people that she's LDS but she's acting this way. I don't think it backs up the beliefs that we have", Anderson said.

"We're not all in a stereotype, we're not all the same. And I'm not a stereotypical Mormon for sure," Roberts said.

Roberts says she was raised LDS and has brought her daughters up with its values too.

Posing for the calender is not in violation of her faith, she says.

It's about challenging the religion's common perceptions with a sense of humor.

How does her husband feel about it? He's her biggest fan.

"It's not one of those sleazy type things which I don't think I'd be all for that so I think it's pretty tasteful the way they did it," Christian Roberts said.

Tami knows other Mormons think she's not behaving as she should. But she says by being Miss May, she's not turning her back on her church. She's just expressing her individuality and asking for tolerance.

"My friends and my family, and the people who are important in my life are fine. They're going to be fine with it," Roberts said.

The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not commenting about this calendar.

According to the calendar's website, proceeds from its sales will be donated to breast cancer research.

The calendar's creator came out with a controversial 2008 version called Men on a Mission. It featured partially-nude Mormon men.

The creator was stripped of his church membership.
Share this storyPrint this story Add RSS Feeds Email this story Advertisement
I think its a cute idea, but you know they're just freaking out because obviously she doesnt have her super power underwear on in the picture
her shoulder is exposed!! lol...

I don't care what anyone says.. it's cute..

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 4:30 PM

Ok, this is getting silly, and who cares about New Yorkers opinions on this subject...as if it really matters what they think. It isn't as if they have a clue what life is like outside of their narrow minded confinement of skyscrapers

Oh, Most Holy New Yorkers, tell us your views and opinions and how we must all think and act as you do, Most Holy New Yorkers.

http://bozemandailychronicle.com/art...news/100ad.txt
Defenders of Wildlife says people in New York City are in the dark about the wolf hunts taking place in Montana and Idaho and has launched a Times Square ad campaign to raise their awareness.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
I think its a cute idea, but you know they're just freaking out because obviously she doesnt have her super power underwear on in the picture
her shoulder is exposed!! lol...

I don't care what anyone says.. it's cute..
Hey, nobody told me my underwear has super powers! Think of all the things I could have accomplished over the last few years.
I hope this guy makes a calendar of incredibly handsome 30 something Mormon guys with moderately big afros. I'd pose! -But I doubt that taking my shirt off would add much to the viewer's experience.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 9:47 PM
Always running Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Hey, nobody told me my underwear has super powers! Think of all the things I could have accomplished over the last few years.
I hope this guy makes a calendar of incredibly handsome 30 something Mormon guys with moderately big afros. I'd pose! -But I doubt that taking my shirt off would add much to the viewer's experience.
oooOOooo.. cute mormon boys.. sign me up.. I'll buy it

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 9:55 PM

Quote:
oooOOooo.. cute mormon boys.. sign me up.. I'll buy it
The person or people who put together the Muffin calendar did an all boy return missionary topless calendar a year or so ago.
Do you think those RM's who posed are the kind who come home off of their missions gay?

http://menonamissioncalendar.com/

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 9:58 PM
Always running Late

Quote:
The person or people who put together the Muffin calendar did an all boy return missionary topless calendar a year or so ago.
Do you think those RM's who posed are the kind who come home off of their missions gay?

http://menonamissioncalendar.com/

if I had a nickle for everytime that is the case....

Old Posted Oct 30, 2009, 7:32 PM

Quote:
if I had a nickle for everytime that is the case....
Even if it was only a penny you could still be rich

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 8:15 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The Statehouse from Capitol Park, this past Sunday eve. According to some news this past week, there are a few months left of renovations and then the Capitol will re-open.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 5:12 PM

The color of the sandstone used for this capitol is attractive, much more so than some capitols that are glaring white and clinical looking.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 7:49 PM

Quote:

That's the first thing you thought Jennifer? Hmm...

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 16, 2009, 4:53 PM
Always running Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
That's the first thing you thought Jennifer? Hmm...
sounds like jennifer needs to speak with her bishop...
the calender is about mormon motherhood, and all she can think about is the muffins....

Old Posted Nov 18, 2009, 6:34 PM

From the IBR:
http://www.idahobusiness.net/archive...d-harvest-ends

Wine grapes look good as frost-challenged harvest ends
POSTED: 10:58 MST Wednesday, November 18, 2009

by IBR Staff

Idaho’s wine industry recorded a strong grape harvest this year despite a frost scare in October, the Idaho Grape Growers and Wine Producers Commission reported. The Caldwell-based group represents 40 wineries as well as growers of some 1,600 vineyard acres.

http://www.idahowines.org/

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 6:26 PM

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Officials-w...-71645067.html

Officials warn Idaho motorists to watch for wolves
by Associated Pres

Posted on November 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Updated today at 10:07 AM

OSBURN, Idaho -- Officials with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game say that motorists in northern Idaho should watch out for wolves on the road.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 2:00 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

That is crazy. I know the non native Canadians have invaded places like Lowman and Sun Valley. In the winter you can see the Canadian wolves walking through the streets of Lowman and Hailey/Ketchum/Sun Valley. Maybe Tom Hanks will get set straight by a pack of wolves! If you ever decide to snowshoe up beyond Bogus Basin towards Idaho City keep your eyes peeled.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Dec 13, 2009, 7:06 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

ahhhhh, some sweet Sun Valley/Ketchum development news.

Bald Mountain Lodge
http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?...=12&var_Day=09

and some Sun Valley Company news:

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?...=12&var_Day=02
River Run plan clears another hurdle

P&Z approves 19-acre hotel core after much deliberation

Ketchum's Planning and Zoning Commission gave Sun Valley Co. the go-ahead Tuesday for its 19-acre hotel core to be built at the River Run base of Bald Mountain. It would include a 110-foot-tall hotel, retail space, plaza and parking garages

The 19-acre area sits along the east side of the Big Wood River, a little northeast of the existing River Run Day Lodge. It would be the centerpiece of Sun Valley Co.'s proposed 138-acre base village, which includes residential units, condominiums and small cabins.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2009, 5:09 PM
Always running Late

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Idaho-candi...-79940847.html

this is disturbing.. I hope he isn't elected... keep your Faith based agenda out of politics please...
the only thing holding on by a thread is your slim chance of governor of idaho.. thanks for playing...

Old Posted Dec 23, 2009, 5:30 PM

Quote:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/Idaho-candi...-79940847.html

this is disturbing.. I hope he isn't elected... keep your Faith based agenda out of politics please...
the only thing holding on by a thread is your slim chance of governor of idaho.. thanks for playing...
I don't think he will get elected because he is a loony freak. Remember this is the guy who had or has the controversial elk farm in Eastern Idaho, he is the idiot who retracted back to his racist religious views and said our President should be tagged and hunted, and then he was very cocky when asked to apologize by Idaho's leaders. It is pathetic he is trying to rally the Mormons in Eastern Idaho to get behind him so that they can block vote him in as governor but it will never happen. Citizens of the rest of the state need to rise up and stamp out this discrespectful wacko and it appears that even the Mormons in East Idaho are not into him. He has also been hit with $29,000 in fines imposed by the Idaho Department of Agriculture for his stupid elk farm.
Otter is running and I cannot remember the newly announced DEM candidate who seems interesting.

http://www.kidk.com/news/79846597.html

IDAHO FALLS - Gubernatorial candidate Rex Rammell is disturbing some members of the LDS Faith.

He's dropping fliers off to Mormon Priesthood Holders and asking them to attend an "Elders only" meeting where he will discuss the Constitution.

Many believe he's blurring the line between religion and politics.

We've confirmed with the Red Lion Hotel that the meeting will be held January 19th at 7pm.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2009, 12:33 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The word I hear from my family in the Idaho Falls area, and many of them are active LDS members, is that this guy is not liked very much, he certainly is not taken seriously here in the Boise area at all. ahhhhhhhh, mixing a facist, almost militia/religious so called prophecy with politics is wrong. I wonder what the peeps at Church Headquarters in Salt Lake think about his tactics!

Merry Christmas Idaho!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West