HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 8:12 AM
A before E

This building is really going to dominate this area. I took a photo from my favorite viewpoint in the city on the southend of downtown and you can see the impact this building will have and how much it will stand out.

instagram Portland Skyline

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
This building is really going to dominate this area.
Not from that vantage point urbanlife! It's not a tall building and not very distinctive from a distance. At street level it most definitely will have an impact, particularly from the south and east. This and the Ladd Tower will be quite the glossy/glassy duo!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcmeGreg View Post
Not from that vantage point urbanlife! It's not a tall building and not very distinctive from a distance. At street level it most definitely will have an impact, particularly from the south and east. This and the Ladd Tower will be quite the glossy/glassy duo!
Yeah. I had trouble finding the Ladd Tower from that view. Glassy buildings don't really command much attention unless they are heads and shoulders above the skyline. This a great building from a close-up view though.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 8:40 AM
A before E

I like it, and am really going to notice it from my favorite spot.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 10:53 PM

Exclusive: AWS Elemental to nearly double Portland footprint with big lease in Broadway Tower
The company has signed a lease for close to 85,000 square feet just across the street from its Portland headquarters.
By Jon Bell – Staff Reporter, Portland Business Journal
Jan 12, 2018, 2:35pm PST Updated 4 minutes ago

https://www.bizjournals.com/portland...390&j=79496451

Quote:
Amazon's AWS Elemental has signed a lease for nearly 85,000 square feet of space inside the under-construction Broadway Tower in a move that nearly doubles the fast-growing company's footprint in downtown Portland.

The expansion comes just four months after AWS Elemental — a developer of video processing technology which Amazon acquired for $296 million in 2015 — moved into a new headquarters across the street in the 1320 Broadway Building, where it occupies 101,000 square feet.

Rumors have been swirling in Portland's commercial real estate scene for months that Elemental or possibly even parent company Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) would be leasing space in the tower. AWS Elemental on Friday confirmed that it is leasing the space as a normal part of scaling to meet the needs of its customers.
...(continues)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland