HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 12:45 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
I see that Aldo has packed up in the Cornwall Centre. I always thought Aldo was a better store than Spring but who knows...Tough times for brick and mortar retail these days for sure.
I'm saddened by it. I much prefered Aldo to Spring. It's a little more expensive, but it feels like Spring shoes are "fit for the pit" within a year, while Also last much longer.

Couldn't help dropping an old Canadian TV reference there.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 4:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'm saddened by it. I much prefered Aldo to Spring. It's a little more expensive, but it feels like Spring shoes are "fit for the pit" within a year, while Also last much longer.

Couldn't help dropping an old Canadian TV reference there.
Honestly, both aren't that great but it does suck to lose a men's shoe retailer. DSW does fill some of that void, however. Regina really lacks a variety of high-end men's shoe stores.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 4:36 AM

It's sad that several shoe stores have come and gone from Cornwall Centre (ie: Skechers, Town Shoes, etc). Even Dacks, which was a high end shoe store that used to be in the retail space on the Hamilton Street side of the Royal Bank building. It seems that a lot of people in Regina either buy their shoes out of town or at *gasp* Payless or Walmart

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 3:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
It's sad that several shoe stores have come and gone from Cornwall Centre (ie: Skechers, Town Shoes, etc). Even Dacks, which was a high end shoe store that used to be in the retail space on the Hamilton Street side of the Royal Bank building. It seems that a lot of people in Regina either buy their shoes out of town or at *gasp* Payless or Walmart
I think it speaks to the market trends. Most of my guy friends don't wear high-end shoes. I myself would prefer a comfy skater shoe and presently wear black slip-on Vans (purchased at Tiki Room) both at work and elsewhere. My next pair will likely be some DC Shoes from Boathouse.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 4:57 PM

A reply from the Aldo on Facebook...

“As noted within our files, the Cornwall Center is under renovations until 7/20/2019. We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from this.”

Then I asked why 9-12months...

“Yeah, that's what we have noted for that location. Usually our renovations could take up to 9-12 months depending on the store. We're probably revamping the entire store or maybe even expanding. Sorry for the inconvenience! As an alternative, you could always order your shoes online and have them shipped to your address.”

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 8:46 PM

That's a pretty big renovation.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 11:49 PM

With that much time they must be expanding/relocating.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 8:30 PM

Has anyone seen the temporary Lululemon location? I always thought the store would be better suited inside the mall, or with an indoor entrance at least.

Its also nice to see that stores are being renovated (and potentially) expanded. Its a good sign for the mall if its tenants are putting in the work rather than neglecting their Cornwall locations.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 3:52 PM

Does anyone know what may be going into the former Home Outfitters location beside Michaels in the east end? There has been a lot of work in there over the last 2 weeks but no new signage is up yet.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustACitizen View Post
Does anyone know what may be going into the former Home Outfitters location beside Michaels in the east end? There has been a lot of work in there over the last 2 weeks but no new signage is up yet.
Marshall's is taking about 2/3 of the space:

https://www.smartcentres.com/propert...regina-e-i-sk/

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 4:35 PM

Interesting. Wonder who'd be a good tenant in that remaining space based on size. Urban Barn/Structube-type-store comes to mind.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 6:06 PM

Any update regarding the Lululemon renovations or the Sears space at the Cornwall Centre?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2018, 3:13 PM

The front walls were removed on Friday night on the old Home Outfitters location as the renovation gets underway for the new Marshalls store

https://imgur.com/a/CA2xCMh

edit : photo didn't appear, so I've added a link, hope that works

Last edited by bourbonandbranch; Aug 12, 2018 at 3:18 PM. Reason: link didn't work

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 12:02 AM

Any updates new at the Cornwall? It’s pretty quiet around here lately

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 6:47 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
Any updates new at the Cornwall? It’s pretty quiet around here lately
There is a patch with the new tile in the corner by the Bay and Payless shoes. They also have clear plastic rolled up and tied above the entrances throughout the whole mall, so it looks like something at least decently extensive is starting up and in such a way so as not to disturb current retailers.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 2:47 PM

Quote:
There is a patch with the new tile in the corner by the Bay and Payless shoes. They also have clear plastic rolled up and tied above the entrances throughout the whole mall, so it looks like something at least decently extensive is starting up and in such a way so as not to disturb current retailers.
As in it looks like they will be redoing the flooring through the entire mall? (Like the tile by H&M/Laura Secord?)

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
As in it looks like they will be redoing the flooring through the entire mall? (Like the tile by H&M/Laura Secord?)
I thought I heard there was a major tile job happening throughout.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
I thought I heard there was a major tile job happening throughout.
That would be amazing!!!!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 2:57 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
That would be amazing!!!!
I would say that seems likely. The patch by the Bay is on the opposite side of the mall, and it's the same tile as around H&M. They also removed the border tiles around the railing running down the centre. It looks very nice.

I wonder if they're doing improvements (hopefully more updates than just the tile) to help attract new stores for the Sears space. They have the ceiling right be Sears on the main floor ripped away too, so some fixes/improvements are happening there as well.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 4:02 AM

Quote:
I would say that seems likely. The patch by the Bay is on the opposite side of the mall, and it's the same tile as around H&M. They also removed the border tiles around the railing running down the centre. It looks very nice.

I wonder if they're doing improvements (hopefully more updates than just the tile) to help attract new stores for the Sears space. They have the ceiling right be Sears on the main floor ripped away too, so some fixes/improvements are happening there as well.
New tile throughout the mall will allow for easier flooring transition into the Sears redevelopment concourse areas.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan