HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 10:41 PM

1st St Bridge, Zilker Tree, Downtown Sunset photos

Saw this crazy guy drive off the side of the 1st street bridge yesterday. Thought I would share the pic. Also had an opportunity to get what could have been some great shots of a beautiful sunset last weekend, if only I had a decent camera. You can just make out the Zilker Christmas tree in the top one. Still debating between a Sony DSC-T10 and a Canon SD800 IS.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 1:22 AM
Meh

Haha, that's cool. Crazy drunk drivers, (Back to the Future reference).

I've actually been able to just barely make out the Zilker Christmas tree from here in South Austin. If you're driving along William Cannon just west of Westgate Boulevard, go up to Deaton Hill. Park in the China Hill restaurant parking lot and either walk down the hill on the sidewalk, and check out the view there, or walk down Deaton Hill Lane and see it there. It's very faint just barely poking above the horizon, but you can see it.

We saw a bad wreck today around 2 pm on Stassney Lane at Gobi. A small car, probably a Mazda hit a Ford F-150 head on. That's the 2nd head on there in 3 years.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin