HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 10:06 PM

While woodroffe might have to closed for longer than the queensway was for either of the Carling area bridges, I think the comparison is silly. The 417 is part of the main east-west cross country highway in Canada, and the main arterial road through Ottawa. I am sure the MTO paid a lot more money than Ottawa is paying to minimize downtime on the 417 as much as possible since the route is the economic backbone of the city in terms of transportation infrastructure. Shutting down a suburban road for a day longer to save a couple million dollars for the city is an excellent policy decision in my opinion. Besides, there are alternative routes along merivale and through centerpoint.

As for the poor planning in delivery of the bridge, It's too bad, but hopefully not too expensive. A week isn't that much for a project that is to last 3 years I think...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs