HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Marquee Residence in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Hamilton Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 4:56 PM
It's Hammer Time

As I mentioned in another thread there seems to be a race for Hamilton 2nd tallest with a crowded field, this project, Royal Connaught Phase 3, the Connolly, and we don't know the height of Television city yet but I'm willing to bet it's over 30 storeys.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
As I mentioned in another thread there seems to be a race for Hamilton 2nd tallest with a crowded field, this project, Royal Connaught Phase 3, the Connolly, and we don't know the height of Television city yet but I'm willing to bet it's over 30 storeys.
Probably, but if its lower than that, why bother, I mean in that location? Who will notice if you go short..

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:28 PM

Quote:
I'm interested to see how the geography of certain sites impacts their perceived height. T.v city & Queen st condos for example are both located on higher ground than 22 George & the Connaught. So even if they're proposed at under 30 stories, they could feel a lot taller just because of their location.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
Century 21 should be second tallest bulding - time for a new iconic building to replace the reigning 40+ year old champ

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 3:38 AM

Winner of Tallest AND Ugliest

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 9:11 PM
Ham-burgher

I've probably thought about potential re-clads of Landmark/C21 dozens of times and have never come up with a good idea for it. It's tall with irregularly shaped floor-plates, awkward, unique... a 1970s iconic concrete nightmare.

That said, I don't mind it that much. It could have been more -- which is basically the story of 1970s Hamilton (and 1980s, and 90s, and 00s, though things have looked much better and more promising the past 10 years)

And it's been deserving of being de-throned as the city's tallest for far too long.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
I've probably thought about potential re-clads of Landmark/C21 dozens of times and have never come up with a good idea for it. It's tall with irregularly shaped floor-plates, awkward, unique... a 1970s iconic concrete nightmare.

That said, I don't mind it that much. It could have been more -- which is basically the story of 1970s Hamilton (and 1980s, and 90s, and 00s, though things have looked much better and more promising the past 10 years)

And it's been deserving of being de-throned as the city's tallest for far too long.
Change the color of the windows blue, thats it and itll look amazing.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 10:36 PM

I know this is Phase 5 , (and getting greedy here) , but would be great if they could just keep taking out adjacent parking lots until none remained

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 10:47 PM

If you were to change the balconies to glass (black) and the windows and then re-clad the concrete with white painted back glass (like the first canadian place in toronto) it would be a pretty decent looking building

that being said - I completely agree that it's time to have a new tallest in Hamilton - something much more visible from the Skyway

also it would be nice to have some building tops lit up at night - kind of like the condos at city place in Toronto

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 11:02 PM

Landmark place needs new windows and a thorough cleaning. That alone would go miles to making it look better. Combine with new storefronts & better signage & lighting and you've got yourself a substantially better looking building. I'm not too sure about the First Canadian place treatment. That works so well because of the shape of the building. I think the many angles of Landmark place covered in Back painted glass would end up looking really cluttered.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 1:00 AM

I'm not sure if it's related to the excavation at 22 George or the rain recently, but this mini sink hole is appearing beside 150 Main West at the S/E corner of George & Caroline

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 7:12 PM

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 12:37 AM

New construction prep makes me happy...Hamilton will never be the same in only a few short years...

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 1:34 AM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

Fixing that intersection will make a very big difference for the feel of the city.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 1:45 AM

The city should turn the middle of king and bay (parking lot beside hilton hotel) an outdoor concert hall (no seats, people will just stand to watch each concert). It'll look nice with all the tall building surrounding it, specially with this one going up beside it.

Last edited by Rg2016; Apr 26, 2017 at 2:05 AM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 3:37 PM

I guess the title of this thread can be changed from "Proposed"

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 12:18 PM

P.s. maybe they should demolish that square brick building and consider my idea, heheh

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 12:24 PM

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 10:05 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Under Construction? Isn't this just site prep...

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Under Construction? Isn't this just site prep...
Theyre driving piles and digging out the basement. I think its beyond site prep.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton