HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 4:28 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
What street is that taken from? Is that Broadway? I'm hoping to be up in New York next Saturday, and I'd like to see that angle for myself.
Yep, Broadway north of Times Square.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 5:06 PM
New Yorker for life

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/1/19/1690...e-ryan-serhant

Central Park Tower’s elusive condos aren’t on the market, but they’re selling
A noteworthy broker says he’s sold one of the 1,550-foot building’s multimillion dollar condos

By Zoe Rosenberg
Jan 19, 2018

Quote:
For as much as we know about Central Park Tower, there’s 10 times as much that we don’t know. Make no mistake, developer Extell likes it that way. That’s why every bit and bob of information about the building comes largely from outside sources.

The latest player to pierce the mystique of the city’s future tallest residential building is none other than Nest Seekers broker Ryan Serhant, who took to Instagram to share some news: he’s made one of the first residential sales within the building.

“Excited to announce I’ve sold one of the first units at Central Park Tower (the most exclusive supertall on Billionaire’s Row) with jaw dropping views of the park from every room!!!,” Serhant writes. “But please don’t tell anyone. The building isn’t even on the market for sale yet : - ).” Very cute, Serhant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeGxFhZj...by=ryanserhant

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 5:21 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

they are really chucking out the stealth, exculsive, word of mouth type hype at this point lol.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 5:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
they are really chucking out the stealth, exculsive, word of mouth type hype at this point lol.
Yeah, for me I can never get enough renderings. I'm surprised there still isn't a render on site. But just when I think I have an idea of what exactly this tower will look like, I get another impression. I think a lot is riding on exactly what the facade will look like, which I think will look nice. I don't want to see a mockup, I want to see the facade in place, enough to get a look at the reflective surfaces, how it plays with the rest of the buildings in the surroundings.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 11:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 4:31 AM

I had been under the assumption that the part jutting on to the right of the building would be resting on top of something different, not just hanging out there in the open.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 5:55 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
I had been under the assumption that the part jutting on to the right of the building would be resting on top of something different, not just hanging out there in the open.

It'll be like that for most of it's height...

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 8:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 11:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 4:48 AM

Those pictures are cool, it looks like 220 central park south's crane is on the courtyard Marriott's crown which looks like a separate building all to itself. Also that's a really cool drawing in post 5068 I wish I could draw like that lol

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 11:09 PM
Ω

I wonder how common these cantilevers over adjacent lots are going to become. There is something kind of futuristic about it.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 2:47 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Is this thing really gonna have 131 floors?

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 2:52 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
Is this thing really gonna have 131 floors?
131 figure is marking floors. It will be 95 real floors.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 2:56 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
I wonder how common these cantilevers over adjacent lots are going to become. There is something kind of futuristic about it.
I could see them become common if there is a land marked structure nearby and the dimensions of an assemblage either surround it or form a sort of T-Shaped. It really depends on the aim and specs of the design and the intention.

Also, to use all of the air rights from an adjacent parcel (if sold by the untouchable structure's owner or administration in question) without damaging or touching "X" land marked structure.

As a side note, landmark structures can be modified or incorporated into a new structure... BUT... it must be approved by the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Which depending on the property, may or may not be an easy thing to do.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 11:31 AM
Architectural Junkie

NY guy.....A few questions if you could indulge me, please? Your input would be most valuable to me in the near future when I am ready to purchase in one of these new supertalls. The wait is killing me, plus I am about to have a melt down living right on The High Line @ 520, the newish Cary building. I can no longer stand the thousands of tourists walking by looking in my place snapping thousands of pictures from sun up to sun down. I think the interior of my home has been viewed by over half of the world by this point. My furnishings are to kill for but come on now....enough is enough!!!!
Main question? In your above picture #5069, what is the name of the building that is on the FAR left of the picture 'frame'. The one with the white irregular rectangles/squares that is not quite finished? It seems to have brown supports or scaffolding on the uppermost 14 floors?
Is there any chance you know the name as well as the address? Out of all buildings in this area, that one is SCREAMING BUY ME, BUY ME.
I will be buying a unit, hopefully there once I get the name & addy to locate the agency handling sales and I have more info on it.
BTW. YOUR pics are by FAR the best and most detailed on the forum. Thank You personally for bringing us up close pictures of these monster buildings! It sets my mind in motion seeing each of your outstanding pics.
Might you have albums of all of your pics in one place for easier viewing?
And finally, when I do buy in one of these new supertalls (this is a confirmed guarantee that I am purchasing at least one unit in one of these new buildings) you are cordially invited to share a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label with me on day one in my new unit....furnished or not.... in payment for sharing your amazing pics with all of us. Just think of the possibilities which would be open for you this far in the sky!!
One more...do you photograph interiors of apartments throughout the city for RE purposes on I have completed staging for sale? As many units I have bought and sold over the past ten years here in NYC, I have yet to find just ONE capable and talented photographer that can make the sales process that much easier. In a city of this magnitude, one would think there would be an abundance of capable interior photographers but that is not the case.
Thanks for your time and I await your response. Brody.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody Natario View Post
NY guy.....A few questions if you could indulge me, please? Your input would be most valuable to me in the near future when I am ready to purchase in one of these new supertalls. The wait is killing me, plus I am about to have a melt down living right on The High Line @ 520, the newish Cary building. I can no longer stand the thousands of tourists walking by looking in my place snapping thousands of pictures from sun up to sun down. I think the interior of my home has been viewed by over half of the world by this point. My furnishings are to kill for but come on now....enough is enough!!!!
Main question? In your above picture #5069, what is the name of the building that is on the FAR left of the picture 'frame'. The one with the white irregular rectangles/squares that is not quite finished? It seems to have brown supports or scaffolding on the uppermost 14 floors?
Is there any chance you know the name as well as the address? Out of all buildings in this area, that one is SCREAMING BUY ME, BUY ME.
I will be buying a unit, hopefully there once I get the name & addy to locate the agency handling sales and I have more info on it.
BTW. YOUR pics are by FAR the best and most detailed on the forum. Thank You personally for bringing us up close pictures of these monster buildings! It sets my mind in motion seeing each of your outstanding pics.
Might you have albums of all of your pics in one place for easier viewing?
And finally, when I do buy in one of these new supertalls (this is a confirmed guarantee that I am purchasing at least one unit in one of these new buildings) you are cordially invited to share a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label with me on day one in my new unit....furnished or not.... in payment for sharing your amazing pics with all of us. Just think of the possibilities which would be open for you this far in the sky!!
One more...do you photograph interiors of apartments throughout the city for RE purposes on I have completed staging for sale? As many units I have bought and sold over the past ten years here in NYC, I have yet to find just ONE capable and talented photographer that can make the sales process that much easier. In a city of this magnitude, one would think there would be an abundance of capable interior photographers but that is not the case.
Thanks for your time and I await your response. Brody.
Inquiring minds want to know what your occupation is to be able to afford a luxury unit in any of these towers?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Wow these pics really put into perspective how close this tower is to reaching 1000 feet now. What is that? 50 feet below 220 CPS?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Wow these pics really put into perspective how close this tower is to reaching 1000 feet now. What is that? 50 feet below 220 CPS?
Maybe 50 meters would have been a closer guess but hey, we're getting there

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 10:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Its about 800 ft. Cityspire as a reference which is 814'.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2018, 10:03 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Inquiring minds want to know what your occupation is to be able to afford a luxury unit in any of these towers?
my guess is international bon vivant.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive