HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
There is a also second large complex about to break ground just to the west.

This second development will be by Tucker Development, and include residential and hotel towers, and a significant retail component.

Yes, it is "Hudson Lights", I think it would break ground during this year.

Here's an article about it.

Luxury in Fort Lee

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...348476542.html

Quote:
An eight-acre lot in Fort Lee, N.J., once owned by Harry Helmsley, is slated to soon become a large mixed-use development after four decades of failed plans.

Tucker Development Corp., Ares Management and Kushner Real Estate Group have secured financing for the first phase of Hudson Lights, which will include 143,000 square feet of retail, 276 luxury rental apartments and 864 parking spots.

Sovereign Bank, a unit of Banco Santander SA, SAN.MC +0.03% is supplying a $117 million construction loan, and the developers will provide equity for the rest of the $218 million budget for the first phase of the project. A groundbreaking will be announced soon, and construction is expected to take around 22 months, said Richard Tucker, chief executive of Highland Park, Ill.-based Tucker Development.

Phase two of the project, which could break ground by next year, is slated to include a hotel, more retail space and an additional 200 residential units. Tucker Development also has the option of including an office building, but Mr. Tucker said that would only happen if an anchor tenant was secured before construction began.
They are doing three projects there, the smaller one, Twenty 50, is already completed and has 194 units
http://newjersey.news12.com/news/new...area-1.6090607

Here's a map with the three projects, between the tree there will be more than 1500 new housing units plus a lot of rtail space.

And here are some renders of Hudson Lights, whose first phase could break ground this year. It is another project not related to The Modern but for now I think it could be here.

The renders are from Martin demczyk http://www.demczyk.com/hudsonlights/# and the project is supposed to be from Arquitectonica, although I can't find it on their page.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 8:48 PM

Given the prominence of these building (if your in the right place you can almost see the entire city of New York) I imagine the rent on the upper floors are pretty lofty for Northern New Jersey. I wouldn't be surprise is developers are keeping a close eye on how fast these apartment fill-up. I expect more residential towers may be on the horizon.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares41 View Post
I expect more residential towers may be on the horizon.
Yep. There are lots of parking lots and underutilized land in Fort Lee.

With the Manhattan views, I suspect more highrises will be built. The whole city is built on very high land.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 12:16 AM

Road Warrior: New Fort Lee high-rise blinds drivers - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/2256....YqKXhCcx.dpuf

Quote:
As they move through Fort Lee, eastbound drivers approaching the George Washington Bridge just before sundown can’t help but bathe uncomfortably in the intense glow of the dazzling glass tower that’s slowly reaching into the sky.

The 47-story luxury high-rise — called The Modern — is being billed as a huge attraction for the little borough by the Hudson, but the blinding glare has made some Manhattan-bound motorists look away and scream.
Quote:
September gripes about this phenomenon are hardly unusual, but late-afternoon gripers normally are heading west into the sun, not east into Manhattan. Besides offering 450 luxury rental apartments and spectacular views of New York City, The Modern manages to reverse this dynamic by bouncing the sun’s rays into the eyes of eastbound drivers.

"It felt like somebody shined a Bat-Signal into our faces," Bogert recalled.

The Park Ridge reader said the glare was so strong that neither his polarized sunglasses nor his windshield visor could block it.
Quote:
But none of the reflected sunlight from The Modern in Fort Lee approaches the hideous intensity of the Walkie Talkie in London, where the sun in early fall beats directly on the building for two hours or more. The glare from the high-rise on the Jersey side of the Hudson generally lasts several minutes at most.

And unlike the enormous engineering challenges posed by the Walkie Talkie, the Fort Lee mayor believes The Modern may one day elude the sun’s rays altogether.

"This is only the first building being built for this project," Sokolich noted. "There’s more to come, so I think the sun won’t get through."

And the other mega project across the street from this one Hudson Lights, has just broke ground

Retail, luxury development to rise on Fort Lee lot that sat empty 50 years

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2..._50_years.html

Quote:
Earth movers and tractors were pushing dirt around Wednesday at a lot that had sat undeveloped for almost 50 years.

Tucker Development plans to to construct 1 million square feet of retail, luxury apartments and parking at the parcel bordered by Main Street, Martha Washington Way, Bruce Reynolds Boulevard and Central Road.

“This has taken a little bit of time,” Richard Tucker, CEO of Tucker Development, said at the official groundbreaking for Hudson Lights, drawing laughs.

Developers have been trying to make something of the lot for almost all of 50-year-old Mayor Mark Sokolich’s life. Today, a half-built 48-story glass building looms over the site, with a sister building to go up soon after, part of the Modern, one of the other large developments coming to Fort Lee.

The first phase of the Hudson Lights development will join the towers soon. It will make Fort Lee a shopping destination, Sokolich said, and continue what the mayor called the Borough’s “renaissance.”
Quote:
He also did not give a time frame for phase two of the project, which would include a hotel and more residences and retail space.

Phase one should open in less than two years, Tucker said.

Work starts on new Fort Lee community

http://www.rew-online.com/2013/10/17...lee-community/

Quote:
he first shovel of dirt was dug for a new one million square feet community in Fort Lee, NJ, yesterday (Wednesday).

Tucker Development and Kushner Real Estate Group were joined by Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich and officials from Ares Management and general contractor Tishman Construction to break ground on the project and introduce its lead tenant.

State-of-the-art movie theater iPic will build an eight-screen, 533-seat luxury cinema and its dining concept, Tanzy, as part of the development’s first phase.
Quote:
Called Hudson Lights, Phase 1 of the development near the entrance to the George Washington Bridge will have 517,000 s/f of commercial and residential space. Some 143,000 s/f will be occupied by retail and 276 luxury apartments will be built in towers that will include a pool, lounge, fitness center, rooftop terrace and gardens. The development’s first phase will also include 864 parking stalls.
Quote:
The fully entitled second phase of Hudson Lights is approved to include an additional 201 residential units, approximately 50,000 s/f of retail space and parking, as well as a 175-room hotel.

The zoning also affords the development the option for an office building of up to 430,000 s/f.

Demolition and clearing of the site have commenced. Completion of the project’s first construction phase is scheduled for summer 2015.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 12:21 AM

October 17th

George Washington Bridge por AeroFennec, en Flickr

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 2:17 AM

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 6:06 PM

The first Tower is already topped out!

You can see it looming over another recently finished building across the street.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Twenty50 Luxury Rental Building, Fort Lee, New Jersey por jag9889, en Flickr

Luxury Fort Lee high-rise transforms Bergen County skyline - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/fortlee/L....nGzIctWH.dpuf
Quote:
It was March 2009 when developer Allen Goldman met with internationally renowned Boston-based architect Howard Elkus. The two hunkered down at a table near the rear of the Plaza Diner on Lemoine Avenue in Fort Lee and spent nine hours sketching onto the back of place mats their vision for a development they believed would transform the landscape of Bergen County forever.

Thousands of hours and countless versions later, Goldman, the president of SJP Residential Properties, was able to stand Tuesday on the 40th floor of The Modern — the eastern half of Fort Lee’s half-billion-dollar downtown redevelopment project. When The Modern is completed, it will feature the tallest structures in Bergen County — two 47-story glass-encapsulated residential towers, which proponents are hailing as a gateway into the region.

Last week the first of the two high-rises reached its maximum height, 798 feet above sea level. The Modern towers 194 feet above the George Washington Bridge’s highest point, according to Victor Cividini, vice president of construction for SJP.
Quote:
While leading The Record on an exclusive tour of the grounds, Goldman reported Tuesday that the project is slightly ahead of schedule, and the first building should be ready for occupancy in late 2014.
Quote:
Phase Two, likely to break ground in early 2016, will include the construction of the second residential tower, a restaurant, a history museum and a three-screen theater and a park.
Photos: Tour of a new 47-story tower under construction in Fort Lee - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/photos/Ph....dtZj8mrU.dpuf

Views from the 40th Floor

Old Posted Dec 1, 2013, 1:07 AM

Those are some great views thats for sure!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2013, 4:05 AM

Just drove by this today on my way over the GWB.

Glass looks good. This is an overall nice tower, especially for an outlying city like Fort Lee

Old Posted Dec 1, 2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc7 View Post
Just drove by this today on my way over the GWB.

Glass looks good. This is an overall nice tower, especially for an outlying city like Fort Lee
I think these outlying towers popping up in Jersey and the outer-boroughs do nearly as much for the skyline as the super-talls popping up in Manhattan. Call me crazy.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
I think these outlying towers popping up in Jersey and the outer-boroughs do nearly as much for the skyline as the super-talls popping up in Manhattan. Call me crazy.
Remember too that this building looks like an 800-ft tower, because of the elevation. It looks really tall from Manhattan.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2013, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Remember too that this building looks like an 800-ft tower, because of the elevation. It looks really tall from Manhattan.
We had this discussion 13 months ago

I think the crest of the palisades is just to the East of there so I'm going to guess 250'+500'.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2013, 2:38 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Nothing we don't already know, but a nice summary of the neighboring development.

New York YIMBY:

Revealed: ‘Hudson Lights’ in Fort Lee
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON NOVEMBER 26TH 2013 AT 12:00 PM

Quote:
Across the Hudson, Fort Lee is seeing a mini-development boom; besides twinned 49-story towers that are currently rising, an adjacent project dubbed ‘Hudson Lights,’ by Tucker Development, is also in the works.

Renderings of Hudson Lights – from illustrator Martin Demczyk’s site – depict several low to mid-rise structures, with apartments sitting atop an extensively retailed street-scape. Plans for the entirety of the project include 193,000 square feet of retail, 477 housing units, a 430,000 square foot office building, and a 175-room hotel – though the first phase will only include retail and residential. Given the suburban location, the 864-space parking compliment to phase one is to be expected.

Hudson Lights - image by Martin Demczyk

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
I completely agree. The more NJ builds on it's side the more epic it makes the entire NYC region. Then you have booming Brooklyn on the other side and the centerpiece, Manhattan, in the middle. It's amazing and going to keep getting more and more exciting.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 10:44 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of January 9th, 2014...

Andrew Burton / Getty Images

Andrew Burton/Getty Images

Christie approves

Photo: Getty and AP

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 11:00 PM
New Yorker for life

These buildings will have great views all around...

Greg Beeche Logistics

It's unfortunate they're making headlines for all the wrong reasons...

DonkeyHotey

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 9:13 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

from broadway and 176st today

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 12:13 AM

From Manhattan, it's an 800 ft. tower, because it sits right on the Palisades.

Will look great once the other one is completed and you really have a skyline developing in this part of the region.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 10:51 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

from 181st & pinehurst today

Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 3:21 AM

I really love those views of the site from Manhattan, framed by the bridge.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive